Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

askmrrobot strikes again!

Why is askmrrobot telling me to gem spirit, get more spirit on my reforges to the tune of 23k spirit? That's an obscene amount of spirit. I want to like amr, but ppl aren't lying. It's fuckin goofy.

AMR works to the weight that is either default or what you manually enter. On the main screen, in the middle there's an edit weights button. Click on that.

Next you'll want to look on the right hand side of that 'pop up' window.

Notice there's a haste picker, and down further there's options for spirit. Edit those to your choosing. Then hit "save" in the top left hand corner.

In the options, change the amount of spirit you want to cap at.

Never mind, I was beat (and handily at that)

Deleted
    The programs are only as good as their users. AMR is quite good, but you have configure it to meet your needs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirse View Post
    The programs are only as good as their users. AMR is quite good, but you have configure it to meet your needs.
    To close the circle:

In most cases (as well as in this one), the "problem" sits in front of the keyboard.

It's like wondering why google does not find the right stuff when you enter entirely different (and wrong) keywords.

Just follow the steps as shown above.
    Last edited by mmocdfc71e8c7b; 2014-07-19 at 09:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    To close the circle:

In most cases (as well as in this one), the "problem" sits in front of the keyboard.

It's like wondering why google does not find the right stuff when you enter entirely different (and wrong) keywords.

Just follow the steps as shown above.
    You say that, but I swear some of the time Google reads my mind, I have no idea what I'm really searching for so just type in random words that are somehow related to the thing I am thinking of, and boom top result. Google OP. Why can't everything be Google?

Deleted
    Google knows we're searching for obscure dealings involving 3 dolphins, a bottle of liquor and a blackjack table.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Google reads my mind
    They just save EVERYTHING you do on your computer and use it to predict your needs.
    (and sell those informations about you to everyone )

Deleted
    Everything?

Eh...I need to...go...somewhere.

AMR is literally stupid. You'd be better off just standing in front of the reforger with a pen, paper, several thousand gold, and a bag full of materials.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    AMR is literally stupid. You'd be better off just standing in front of the reforger with a pen, paper, several thousand gold, and a bag full of materials.
    Don't blame the tool because you can't input parameters correctly. AMR errors are PEBCAK, the tool itself is pretty nifty.

Deleted
    SimCraft + ReforgeLite > Ask Mr Robot anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    SimCraft + ReforgeLite > Ask Mr Robot anyways.
    SimCraft + AskMrRobot + ReforgeLite > SimCraft + ReforgeLite.

Just sayin'

Yesterday I was trying to bang a nail into a wall with a hammer but ended up hitting my fingers instead. Stupid hammer; I'd be better off using a banana instead, at least I can't hurt my fingers with a banana.

Sorry, I thought we were playing a game of "blame purpose-built tools for our incompetence".

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    SimCraft + AskMrRobot + ReforgeLite > SimCraft + ReforgeLite.

Just sayin'
    not sure why reforgelite is needed in that case. the askmrrobot addon can also do all reforges automatically and it also gives you hint about if you have all items equipped and all gems socketed correctly.
    you can import the askmrrobot site results into the addon.
    you can also import the askmrrobot result in simcraft so you can do reforge -> sim cycles without wasting gold
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-07-21 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    AMR is just a tool. If you're using the tool incorrectly then the problem lies with you.

You are absolutely correct. AMR, being a tool, has zero intelligence, just the same as a circular saw is literally stupid. But, for a tool, AMR is powerful, if the user bothers to learn to use it.

Deleted
    Love how some ppl still believe in technical magic.
    reforge lite is btw limited on lua restrictions and cannot handle more than 2 caps. Sad thing for some melee classes who are interested in haste caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Why is askmrrobot telling me to gem spirit, get more spirit on my reforges to the tune of 23k spirit? That's an obscene amount of spirit. I want to like amr, but ppl aren't lying. It's fuckin goofy.
    No, people aren't lying; they truly believe it, when they say that AMR is goofy. The reality is that they're just lazy, and inept, for wanting a tool to tell them how to play the game, so that they don't have to bother to invest time learning the theory underlying their class/spec.

To answer your question, as it ties in, to what I mean: Resto shaman will want wildly different amounts of spirit, depending on whether they play in 10 mans, or 25s, and then whether they're doing normals, or heroic progression. It's not uncommon to see something like 7k or 8k spirit on a 10 man resto shaman, which serves him fine, but yet a 25 man heroic resto player may have well over 20k spirit (and NEED it).

Why? Because the playstyles are very different between the two raid structures. AMR doesn't know what your playstyle as a resto shaman is. Nor does it know whether you're doing 10 or 25, normal or heroic. So, for resto, you have to dig deeper into the tool, and adjust where you want your haste and spirit caps to be, in order for it to give you the optimal reforging and gemming for your toon.

The big problem is that Blizzard has allowed the game to reach a complexity, for healing, that can't be answered by one button press of any addon, anywhere. A new healer can't just jump into raiding, and be the most effective, without spending a few hours researching healing theory, strengths/weaknesses of their class, stat caps, etc. It doesn't surprise me that healers always seem to be the hardest folks to find, this xpac.

Hopefully, this issue will be greatly mitigated in WoD, with the changes to healing, mana regen, gemming, reforging gone, etc, to where this won't all be so aggravating.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive never liked AMR for Enhance.

I think its very misleading and the basic stat weights as well as the gearing and talent selection is quite bad for players who like a lot of us arent using SimCraft on well for me it used to be a weekly basis.

I think it requires more from the user than something like WoWReforge, but it depends what you are using the tool for in the first place.