Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Talador Ending (Massive Spoilers!!!)

So, some posters on the Scrolls of Lore forums finished the Talador story in the beta, and there were some huge story developments there. Thought I'd repost them here.

All credit to Halibell from the SoL forums!

Massive spoilers!!!

At the end of the Talador storyline, the players join Durotan, Maraad, Khadgar, Draka, and Yrel in a strike force to repel the Iron Horde from Shattrath and kill Blackhand. You succeed in reaching Blackhand, just in time to see Orgrim Doomhammer confronting him for his actions with the Iron Horde. Blackhand declares Doomhammer a traitor and kills him before you can reach them. (Durotan is shocked to see his "brother" killed like that.) Your task force attacks Blackhand and manages to force him to retreat, but before the scene ends (in an unimplimented cutscene, so not sure exactly how it happens), Maraad is also killed.

Doomhammer's death is pretty meaningless to me; this version of him had pretty much no history before his death that I know of. Maraad, on the other hand, is a huge shock to me. I mean, he's been hyped up so much for this expansion, he's even considered one of the titular Warlords, and is the primary Alliance hero for the expansion! It's not even an AU version this time, this is our Maraad being killed off in a levelling zone. Pretty disappointing to see him die like this, but now I just have to wonder how it will impact Yrel's character. Just hope Durotan and Draka survive to join us in Azeroth...

- - - Updated - - -

And a very spoilery screenshot post that proves all this:

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1166169&postcount=4706

Deleted
    lol they kill Doomhammer and Maraad in a quest wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually really pissed off they killed off Maraad. I thought the whole point he was joining us was to have a Draenei (From the main universe) get some development and become a proper Alliance character, at least for a while.

I try and be optimistic about these things but we have Khadgar being neutral and Maraad dying. I can't help but feel incredibly disappointed by these things.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2014-07-19 at 08:23 AM.

Maraad was like the only known draenei outside of Velen and they kill him off. Shattrath better not be a raid after his sacrifice.

Also I like how all the alliance characters on the picture are dead after the first 3 zones pretty much (Velen and Maarad), except Khadgar but he is neutral.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2014-07-19 at 08:21 AM.

I'm not even surprised anymore. :|

Deleted
    Ok that's just uncool, fuck Blizzard for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I'm actually really pissed off they killed off Maraad. I thought the whole point he was joining us was to have a Draenei (From the main universe) get some development and become a proper Alliance character, at least for a while.
    Seems Yrel will be the draenei of choice to see more screen-time I guess. Honestly I don't really care about Maraad, he's never been brought up properly in-game until now and I guess they never wanted him to play a big role after all.

I'm sure Varian or Thrall will come and save the day like they always do once all the new characters are dead

I think they want to push Yrel into Maraad's position. Anyway, I love new direction Blizzard is staking with quest design. They incorporate main and significant story line in it. I remember when stories felt so random for questing back in Vanilla and BC.

I'm not opposed to major characters being killed as it makes the threat of our character's enemies feel very real and gives us a reason to invest in the story and want to inflict vengeance upon them. With that said it's a real shame to see one of the two major draenei lore characters from our version of Azeroth end up dead. Why couldn't they use the opportunity to kill off one of the countless major human lore characters instead?

I also can't help but feel as though they decided to do this in order to replace him with Yrel - which isn't really the best way to go about developing new and interesting lore characters as far as I'm concerned. Still, if they're truly going ahead with this I just hope more quests feel like they have an actual impact rather than being generic kill and fetch quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh no one cared much for him anyway after all we've heard pretty much zilch from him before this expansion so his death is pretty meaningless in comparison to Doomhammer's or Velen's who are far more established characters. Well expect Jaina 2.0 with Yrel cause female characters only get real vengeful after they lose their love interest and not when their whole race has been threatened with genocide, they just get pissed off and angsty when that happens. -_-

Seems like things are getting game of thronesified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UniBlue View Post
    Seems Yrel will be the draenei of choice to see more screen-time I guess. Honestly I don't really care about Maraad, he's never been brought up properly in-game until now and I guess they never wanted him to play a big role after all.

I'm sure Varian or Thrall will come and save the day like they always do once all the new characters are dead
    I thought part of the reason we were bringing Maraad along with us was to develop the Draenei. A race that have gotten the short end of the lore stick for ages now. Now our only MU Draenei is gone. Yrel is a cool character and I want to see more of her. But killing off our MU Draenei is not the way t go around it. Once the expansion is over the Draenei will basically be in the same position they were before, but without Maraad.

I'd like to see MU Velen do something. That would actually be really cool and give us a MU Draenei that i think the story really needs if its to ave any lasting impact once the expansion is over.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2014-07-19 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    George R. R. Martin got a job at Blizzard?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    ib4 Thrall is killed "covers in fear"

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why did OP even bother to put spoiler tags on his post (you know..the black stuff) when everybody afterwards just blares it out?
    I assume that if you see spoiler on the thread name then you should not click on it in the first place?

should have just killed thrall, now people are going to complain horde favoritism because horde has thrall and durotan left and alliance only have yrel.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why did OP even bother to put spoiler tags on his post (you know..the black stuff) when everybody afterwards just blares it out?
    The threads named "talador ending massive spoilers" nobody has a right to complain about seeing spoilers if they click on the thread with a title like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Konata View Post
    Look guys, I'm a hardcore Alliance fan.

But SERIOUSLY. It's not a huge loss. Sure, we lost one of our expansion spearheads, and a draenei lore character, but he didn't do much prior to WoD. Most of his lore was tied to Med'an, and he was a guardian of Tirisfal, but that stuff is basically considered non-canon. My verdict; Oh well! I'm sure another Alliance character will come along. I'm hoping for Uther!
    How the hell would Uther come?

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    should have just killed thrall, now people are going to complain horde favoritism because horde has thrall and durotan left and alliance only have yrel.
    Thrall is Maarad's counterpart so Thrall should die in Nagrand.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Seems like things are getting game of thronesified.
    Yeah, which is a good thing in my opinion because there really is no threat to main characters anymore. I think this is a huge step towards the right direction by blizzard, cataclysm was their time to raise the stakes and create an actual looming threat but deathwing was a joke after the "cataclysm"

Seeing arthas and huge story lines unfold in wrath levelling was very fun and seeing the warlords kill, live, and die during the questing process is not an issue for me at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Thrall is Maarad's counterpart so Thrall should die in Nagrand.
    MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

that was a good one