Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    wow, what nonsense from Bashiok

I think people are blowing Bashioks response out of proportion. Take into consideration all the people complaining to him that he has to put up with. Odds are the guy is just getting tired of being pressured by the players and the higher ups at the same time. Higher ups want the devs to meet a quota, and the players want everything and the kitchen sink placed into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    10 months now. 10 Months of not a single update to the game.
    Hey bro, hate to break this to you, but you're wrong. Since patch 5.4 launched, there has been 6 updates to the game. 3 of them were hotfixes, and 3 of them added things to the game.

Thanks for being wrong!

PS: Next time make sure you use qualifiers, like "content" updates.

PPS: Because I'm not, here is my reference. http://www.wowwiki.com/Patches

Nothing has ever been cut from development for time reasons, ever. Nope.

*heads to Dance Studio while adjusting my Path of the Titans*

So much for WoD being further along then any other x-pac, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Why am i getting a feeling that Wod isn't going to be successful sellout/rush product cata 2.0 everyone? SoO is out of 10 months and godfucking damn it.. I need something to do? Oh i do know all about the "outside" you guys are talking about but seriously.... we are game starving dry right now. Don't care about lol, don't care about wildsuck, Hell there's probably nothing to do expect giving eggs to my gf and keep my gene up and see how my kids do in future gaming.. ok maybe not gaming :3
    This comment made exactly no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    I'm getting pissed off by people whining as much as they are about their precious faction cities they never had and I'm far removed from being a dev.
    They told us that those would be our new capitals for the entire x-pac- then they scrapped it. They recieved over 20 more people from the titan project and still this is the longest drought of content in the history of WoW and half of what they said we would get with WoD we aren't getting because they don't have the time? Not to mention at blizzcon they said WoD was further along then any other x-pac. Seems to me that blizzcon is there just to tell the playerbase nothing more then half truths.

After this I have learned that there really is no reason to ever watch a blizzcon because much of it we will simply never see.

My guess here is that the Garrisons ended up taking a lot more art time than they originally anticipated. Perhaps original concepts were designed, even in-game, and scrapped. This seems very possible, given the fact that we were originally going to be able to pick where our Garrison would be. It's definitely possible that they had gone fairly far down that road artistically before they decided that option didn't make sense for the game (or maybe THAT would take too much art time). It's unfortunate, but I don't think we're being snowballed on this specific issue.

That being said, we have plenty of reason to be frustrated. The lack of content is driving us all a bit batty.

I haven't gotten to spend as much time with the alpha/beta as I'd like, but I do like what I've seen so far. That much is reassuring to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthus View Post

Oh and BTW, they really said at Blizzcon that Bladespire and Karabor would be the new capitals. They said it, and now they say they never intended to.... They just lie to us.
    lol so many people who are upset about these hubs can't even get facts correct; at blizzcon they said they had plans to make the new capitals. No one has ever said that they "never intended to" - they've said that they never started work on them.

Stop getting upset over things you're making up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    Very happy that I'm switching my focus from PvE to PvP next expansion. Every single time I gank in world PvP I'm going to imagine I've killed yet another whinging, entitled, 'I was promised a pony', juvenile brat. And it will feel good.
    No one feels "entitled" to anything. People are upset because they were infact told that they would have these amazing citys for an entire x-pac only to be scrapped and put into human/orc forts (not cities) on an island. When you advertise a product and you don't receive what was advertised you can expect people to bring it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    lol so many people who are upset about these hubs can't even get facts correct; at blizzcon they said they had plans to make the new capitals. No one has ever said that they "never intended to" - they've said that they never started work on them.

Stop getting upset over things you're making up.
    I have previously linked a video of them saying at blizzcon that they would be our faction capitals for the entire x-pac.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TqWCi3JAiA fast forward to 30 min in.
    Last edited by Xires; 2014-07-19 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    No one feels "entitled" to anything. People are upset because they were infact told that they would have these amazing citys for an entire x-pac only to be scrapped and put into human/orc forts (not cities) on an island. When you advertise a product and you don't receive what was advertised you can expect people to bring it up.
    Blizzcon development panels aren't really advertisements. You can't be too upset when your challenging dungeons, dance studio or path of the titans gets scrapped after only being mentioned briefly at a Blizzcon panel. It will only result in Blizzard being less willing to share interesting concepts and ideas, and instead force them to only share the boring stuff that has already been developed or which they are 99% sure they can deliver on.

Basically, a vocal minority ruining it for the rest of us who take Blizzcon panels as a grain of salt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post

I have previously linked a video of them saying at blizzcon that they would be our faction capitals for the entire x-pac.
    Great, now link to me where a Blizzard employee has said that they "never intended" to have them as the capitals. That is what I was calling bullshit on.

Blizzcon development panels aren't really advertisements. You can't be too upset when your challenging dungeons, dance studio or path of the titans gets scrapped after only being mentioned briefly at a Blizzcon panel. It will only result in Blizzard being less willing to share interesting concepts and ideas, and instead force them to only share the boring stuff that has already been developed or which they are 99% sure they can deliver on.

Basically, a vocal minority ruining it for the rest of us who take Blizzcon panels as a grain of salt.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, now link to me where a Blizzard employee has said that they "never intended" to have them as the capitals. That is what I was calling bullshit on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TqWCi3JAiA 30 minutes in where they DID say they would be capitals. Why would you think that I would link a vid of them never saying it would be our capital when it goes against my point. Edit: oh wait nvm re-read what you said.

Deleted
    To all that think whining is good. Whining and feedback is not the same thing. People that whine tend to just keep nagging and being generally mean, even after their feedback has been received and reasonable explanations has been given. Giving feedback and asking questions is good, whining is not..

There you have it, it clear to me now why the Devs decided to go the Ashran hubs route.

Activision Blizzard is making a huge mistake and it is going to backfire on them in lower sales and dropped subs. (The cuts are most likely a result of corporate pressure to meet a deadline) Many of the PvPers in in the Beta are even unsatisfied with the way it is all designed.

You don't sacrifice quality to rush something mediocre out the door. A good example of when this has happened was with Elder Scrolls Online. Does anyone even play that game anymore?
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2014-07-19 at 04:41 PM.

It makes me really sad to see what Blizzard has become. And even more sad to see what the community has become because of the constant lies and shady practices done to them.

Who ARE YOU Blizz!?

Look at Diablo 3 and what we were shown/told and what vanilla D3 turned out to be.
    Remember when Blizz said they learned their lesson and that they would never repeat the long wait that we had from ICC to Cata release and then they did it again in DS and now even worse in WoD? Cuttiing corners for WoD all over the place. Scrapping all kinds of originally advertised features etc... Starting over with Titan. The whole company seems to be a mess. Something we have seen a few times in the past when Activision takes over another company. It eats it from the inside out till they end up just liquidating it and still slapping its name on the box of a game to try to sell more units.

I mean what is the point of paying hundreds of dollars for a ticket to Blizzcon when 70% of the information you are told there is completely false?

I think I am really done with WoW after 10 years of playing off an on. I think Im done with Blizz products all-together. This isn't the Blizz from my youth that made amazing quality games. Just another group of cash grabbing shady game devs that are trying to squeeze every last cent out of us they can until their ship goes under from the Activision Iceberg they hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Hey bro, hate to break this to you, but you're wrong. Since patch 5.4 launched, there has been 6 updates to the game. 3 of them were hotfixes, and 3 of them added things to the game.

Thanks for being wrong!

Lol, you call that updates that can influence our gameplay? Please.

It was a tweet from Lore about a month ago. He said that no work was ever put in to making Bladespire and Karabor functional cities.

If you say customers will get something, sell them a product based in part on that thing, and then say that thing was never going to be included, customers have a right to be pissed.

The reasoning Bashiok came up with doesn't make the situation any better. In the end all his tweets are translated to: ''We will try to give you a high-quality time'', instead of the expected ''You will have a high-quality time''.

Looks like they have planning issues

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post

Thanks for being wrong!

I'm pretty sure he meant content updates. None of them had content and doing the same content for 4 months gets boring for me at least I stoppped and just took a break waiting for WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeranox View Post
    These twitter questions. Seriously people whine for the smallest things..
    Except Bladespire/Karabor aren't SMALL things, especially after being advertised for cities. This is borderline of Aliens: Colonial Marines lying.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2014-07-19 at 04:06 PM.