Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Ok, bye.

Enjoy paying that sub for no content for over a year. Hell why not make it two years of no content? Might as well, you idiots still pay for it.
    Ok, fine, I will enjoy paying that sub! I'm just the idiot that would do such a thing. Hope that makes you happy! Have a great day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muneraven View Post
    The real question is why can't Blizzard seem to manage things so that they are releasing decent and finished xpacs in a reasonable amount of time? My wife works in software and so I know it is complicated and that herding geeks is a tough job because the very things that make them great at their jobs often also make them very hard to manage. But clearly Blizzard has some real problems at the management level and above because their dysfunction is simply obvious to anyone who isn't just an apologist for the company.

When Average Joe and Jane can see that a company is busted, somebody really needs to do something. Ideally you want to prune a company with pruning shears, but sometimes you have to haul out the chainsaw and lop off the diseased parts to save the whole tree, you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Dear gods . . .are you playing the beta? Because if the garrisons actually took up a lot of art time then something is terribly, terribly wrong. They are extremely bland and uninspiring.

I suspect that too much time was spent on some relatively minor features that are quite nice but . . .still minor. In other words: Bad project management. This is a common problem in any kind of tech development when people who have been with the company awhile are promoted into management when they are not at all gifted at that kind of work. Being a great programmer, or a great artist, or being great at any other detail-work that goes into game-making does not mean you are going to be good at managing a team of human beings and making big decisions about where the team's effort should be directed.

Managing a big project takes certain skills that a lot of people do not have. Promoting people who are good at sweating the small stuff into management because they have worked at a place for eight years is a bad way to run a company.
    This whole post was hilarious. What he was trying to say is... please Blizzard, although you are inept and insanely bad at running a tech company... I'm dying for more content, so hurry up already and finish the xpac or I will have nothing to do but think about how my wife could run Blizzard better than the guys who against all odds keep creating the content that I cannot get enough of.

Call me an apologist, a fanboy, an idiot. At this point I expect nothing less, and it is entertaining to see you make up entire fictional episodes of 'Behind the scenes at Blizz', and then try to make me feel bad for not accepting your petty evaluations as evidence. Blizzard is always going to make you pissed, if you cannot have patience. Get used to it. (And btw that is not an apology).
    Last edited by finskee; 2014-07-20 at 05:34 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Ok, bye.

Enjoy paying that sub for no content for over a year. Hell why not make it two years of no content? Might as well, you idiots still pay for it.
    Actually I was subbed for only 4 months of this patch. Mostly because I'm an adult and don't need my life to revolve so much around WoW that I bitch and cry and moan about how long a content drought is or how the game is bad because they changed minor thingd in the development process.

But guess what? If people still are subbed it is because they actually still enjoy the game they are paying for which makes you one of those self-entitled cunts that thinks because you don't like something that it is unfathomable that other people still do.

Move out of your parents basement and get some help if a game you aren't forced to pay for or play gives you such an intense anger.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2014-07-20 at 05:40 AM.

T17 DK looking balling.

Hopefully Blizzard will make Karabor and Bladespire into capital cities in a later patch. That way everyone will be happy

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Ok, fine, I will enjoy paying that sub! I'm just the idiot that would do such a thing. Hope that makes you happy! Have a great day.

- - - Updated - - -

This whole post was hilarious. What he was trying to say is... please Blizzard, although you are inept and insanely bad at running a tech company... I'm dying for more content, so hurry up already and finish the xpac or I will have nothing to do but think about how my wife could run Blizzard better than the guys who against all odds keep creating the content that I cannot get enough of.

Call me an apologist, a fanboy, an idiot. At this point I expect nothing less, and it is entertaining to see you make up entire fictional episodes of 'Behind the scenes at Blizz', and then try to make me feel bad for not accepting your petty evaluations as evidence. Blizzard is always going to make you pissed, if you cannot have patience. Get used to it. (And btw that is not an apology).

Hello Finskee i see you are still adamant in that blizzard can do no wrongs, are you perhaps an employee or are you just so in love with a game that you can't take some criticism about it?, Check the skinner box mentality and you will get your answers.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Hello Finskee i see you are still adamant in that blizzard can do no wrongs, are you perhaps an employee or are you just so in love with a game that you can't take some criticism about it?, Check the skinner box mentality and you will get your answers.
    I wonder if you actually read his post but just by how your wording your post you didn't..

Deleted
    wow, that response from Bashiok......why does Bliz let him speak at all..

Basically it comes down to they were taking so long to get WoD ready, that making decent proper, interesting cities would have pushed it back past the 20th November (or whatever) date they gave, and instead they went for a cop out, lame, boring, easy, copy pasted pile of crap instead.

Things people need to stop whining about:

1) The old talent system. They weren't interesting or complex in the first place nor did going 20/20/20 make you unique and a super awesome player. It meant you were retarded and couldn't understand things. Nor is 1/2/3/4/5% talents interesting.

2) Faction hubs. Shut the hell up about it. So boo hoo, the old faction capitals in WoD won't have portals. Oh no.

Deleted
    "If we stay on a steady course we would be a game with ever increasing complexity. More and more abilities, more systems, and more and more choices"

Is this a joke, a blatant lie, are they calling us "stupids" or all of them?.

More abilities, systems and .... ***choices*** ¿?¿?¿. My bad.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Well, let's see . . .

1. Glad you were entertained, but I don't think you qualify as my interpreter.
    2. I didn't call Blizzard "insanely inept." I said they may have fallen prey to a common problem in software development.
    3. I'm actually a casual player, not someone who has nothing to do but play WoW, lol. I just actually think a lot about things I have any interest in.
    4. Not everyone who has a wife is male. Welcome to the present day.
    5. My opinions were not expressed to make you feel bad. If you felt bad, that's on you. I didn't call you mean names or otherwise do anything provocative enough to elicit this kind of vitriol in response. I mean, seriously, if my casual conjecture on some game forum got you frothing at the mouth like this, maybe it is you who kind of need to step back and consider who is overly invested in the game, you know? EIther that or maybe get some help for your rage problem in general.

My opinions, like most of those expressed in any sort of forums, are just conjecture on my part, obviously. It's what we do here. Chill. It isn't personal when we don't agree with one another.

I don't really care about the capitals, but having the original idea materialize would be great. I don't know about their reasoning, but clearly if they would put effort into it, both capitals could be done within' a month to a perfection or even sooner.

People sure master the art of being arrogant and snide towards the Blizzard employees...They have ZERO insight other than what they're being told, and yet they won't accept what they learn since they simply know SOOOOO much better.

I still find Bashioks response unacceptable. Sounds like they didn't manage their time well enough and are covering it up with...well you want it out sometime soon right?

I thought Blizz was all about quality over quantity and this move goes in the opposite direction. What's a month extra of work if it means the area would be the way players would enjoy it more?

Sounds like the shareholders are starting to be the voice behind the game design. Before, they would take their time but now they seem rushed.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even play World of Warcraft and his valuation seems to be at least somewhat accurate, even if fed from mostly bitterness. I gotta say, Blizzard does appear to have management issues. You can see it across all of their games, their entire company. Significant issues? I don't know. Any worse than the average company? Probably not. They've been re-working their engine again obviously, and that takes a lot of work to just add something new like Garrisons into the game. Face it, that IS the expansion. New artwork across the board, new additional animations. Testing, feeling, playing, modifying, altering, etc. Once again, time. Introducing new zones and instances. That is a lot of work to do, even for a big team. Because in the end you gotta make sure it all comes together and doesn't break every 3 seconds.

That being said, management issues. I see public relations are managed horribly, and always have been. Whoever decided these are the best methods of communicating with your community, Twitter and forum lashbacks, obviously lacks some sense. The people in these positions shouldn't even really be there anymore, they've been there too long. They too are becoming bitter and unhelpful. They're creating more problems for their company then they're helping resolve, and feedback is nothing but loud noise because they have no idea how to manage it. It's a problem they don't even care to acknowledge, recognize, or even consider or think about because it's their jobs and pride on the line. And since they can't manage feedback very appropriately (thousands of good suggestions are buried in mountains of bullshit whining) and instead just fight back against all of that stupid whining with whining of their own often, the company comes off as a big joke. They don't act professional half the time, so it's really hard to give them that respect. They design their games, however they feel like most of the time because they actually literally can't handle the feedback. They ask for it, they say they listen, make no indications that they're listening except when someone says something really stupid.

I'm sorry, but what ARE we supposed to think of you then?

It should be obvious by now that work on WoD was only seriously underway a few weeks prior to the announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean fuck, they've had 10 years to implement a simple FEEDBACK forum. Separate all their games, and their variety of features so people can specifically comment on specific issues without getting buried in a mountain of tripe. SIMPLE solution (though there are certainly better solutions) and yet they can't even fucking do that. No, if you can't do that, you clearly do NOT care about any feedback and you are simply just lying. Feedback is nothing but garbage to them and you're a fool to think otherwise. Unless it's a game-breaking bug, they don't care. And unless they ever want to start designing games for their communities instead of themselves, then I don't care either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    I assure you that you are failing in making me feel bad about subbing to wow still. I also assure you that you have no idea what I think, feel, or why I act. I really don't care to explain everything to you. Let me just say, talking to you has been a thrill. Have a great day!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muneraven View Post
    Well, let's see . . .

1. Glad you were entertained, but I don't think you qualify as my interpreter.
    2. I didn't call Blizzard "insanely inept." I said they may have fallen prey to a common problem in software development.
    3. I'm actually a casual player, not someone who has nothing to do but play WoW, lol. I just actually think a lot about things I have any interest in.
    4. Not everyone who has a wife is male. Welcome to the present day.
    5. My opinions were not expressed to make you feel bad. If you felt bad, that's on you. I didn't call you mean names or otherwise do anything provocative enough to elicit this kind of vitriol in response. I mean, seriously, if my casual conjecture on some game forum got you frothing at the mouth like this, maybe it is you who kind of need to step back and consider who is overly invested in the game, you know? EIther that or maybe get some help for your rage problem in general.

My opinions, like most of those expressed in any sort of forums, are just conjecture on my part, obviously. It's what we do here. Chill. It isn't personal when we don't agree with one another.
    Well, let's see...

1. I didn't interpret anything, I'm talking about what you said, and I get to talk about what you said, because you posted what you said in a public forum. See number 5 of your post. What I need to make clear though is this: Because I posted what I posted does not make me a rager. This is clearly another attempt to SHAME anyone who disagrees with you, because you don't want to admit that possibly you have no idea what you're talking about. I assure you I am calm, and collected, and that you are in fact the more likely candidate for someone who is angry, or clearly your post would have been very different.
    2. You seem to be forgetting what you wrote, but here is the important part: "But clearly Blizzard has some real problems at the management level and above because their dysfunction is simply obvious to anyone who isn't just an apologist for the company."
    3. Not sure I care.
    4. Not sure I care.
    5. My opinions were expressed to point out that you made up a whole scenario to fit your idea that the company has "In other words: Bad project management" when in reality, nothing is late, project is fine, forums are whining, and you're dying for more content. If my posting this causes you to "froth at the mouth" then maybe quit saying stupid shit. See it works both ways. You post something. I post something. You say you're not mad. I can then say I'm not mad. You shame me. I shame you back. BUT... who is the one who is actually mad? I think you need to think about this one for awhile, since you have this ability to think, as you claim.

I am not taking it personally, I promise you. Still you can't stop me from posting. <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    I don't even play World of Warcraft and his valuation seems to be at least somewhat accurate, even if fed from mostly bitterness. I gotta say, Blizzard does appear to have management issues. You can see it across all of their games, their entire company. Significant issues? I don't know. Any worse than the average company? Probably not. They've been re-working their engine again obviously, and that takes a lot of work to just add something new like Garrisons into the game. Face it, that IS the expansion. New artwork across the board, new additional animations. Testing, feeling, playing, modifying, altering, etc. Once again, time. Introducing new zones and instances. That is a lot of work to do, even for a big team. Because in the end you gotta make sure it all comes together and doesn't break every 3 seconds.

That being said, management issues. I see public relations are managed horribly, and always have been. Whoever decided these are the best methods of communicating with your community, Twitter and forum lashbacks, obviously lacks some sense. The people in these positions shouldn't even really be there anymore, they've been there too long. They too are becoming bitter and unhelpful. They're creating more problems for their company then they're helping resolve, and feedback is nothing but loud noise because they have no idea how to manage it. It's a problem they don't even care to acknowledge, recognize, or even consider or think about because it's their jobs and pride on the line. And since they can't manage feedback very appropriately (thousands of good suggestions are buried in mountains of bullshit whining) and instead just fight back against all of that stupid whining with whining of their own often, the company comes off as a big joke. They don't act professional half the time, so it's really hard to give them that respect. They design their games, however they feel like most of the time because they actually literally can't handle the feedback. They ask for it, they say they listen, make no indications that they're listening except when someone says something really stupid.

I'm sorry, but what ARE we supposed to think of you then?
    And this post went past the extra mile, and into extreme whine mode. Wow.

None of what you said is true, but here is something that is true: Blizzard makes computer games for kids, and they always take their time, and they always have huge hits. Serious business. Guys. You. Are. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    I mean fuck, they've had 10 years to implement a simple FEEDBACK forum. Separate all their games, and their variety of features so people can specifically comment on specific issues without getting buried in a mountain of tripe. SIMPLE solution (though there are certainly better solutions) and yet they can't even fucking do that. No, if you can't do that, you clearly do NOT care about any feedback and you are simply just lying. Feedback is nothing but garbage to them and you're a fool to think otherwise. Unless it's a game-breaking bug, they don't care. And unless they ever want to start designing games for their communities instead of themselves, then I don't care either.
    Well, I doubt they want your fair and balanced feedback. But I'll try to help you out with a little knowledge. They get feedback, just not from forums anymore. The players made it that way. Why, because posters just say stuff to get what they want. They will say ANYTHING... to get what they want. That is bullshit and you know it. If you really have some valuable feedback that they can't live without, then send them an email. The forums should be for discussion anyways, not "Blizzard fails again, to give me what I wanted".
    Last edited by finskee; 2014-07-20 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Podlings
    A number of Draenor’s indigenous species blur the line between plant and animal, and the so-called podlings are the most vicious and chaotic of their ilk.

Hahaha, will they add Sylvari next?
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post

Hahaha, will they add Sylvari next?
    they appear to be adding mordremoth's vines in the portal in sw.....

Quote Originally Posted by ben- View Post
    p.s. wheres starcraft 2 part 3 ! its been way over a year now (and almost 4(years) since part 1 came out!)
    Where is Half-Life 3? It's been 7 years since Episode Two and 10 since Half-Life 2