Deleted

My buffs on enemy nameplates

Hello everyone,
    im looking for an addon that can anchor some of my own buffs (e.g. my Slice and Dice) to the enemy's nameplate.

I know plenty of addons showing my debuffs or enemy's buffs. Im using Platebuffs for those at the moment.
    But showing my own buffs where my attention allready is seems not possible with pb :-(

Any ideas?

I think Weak Auras or TellMeWhen are better for tracking your buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    I think Weak Auras or TellMeWhen are better for tracking your buffs.
    That isn't really helpful when the OP was clear about what they wanted, and it is possible to achieve what they want. They may be wrong, but they have the right to be wrong as long as they want.

Anyway, I want to second Tidy Plates. (Without Thread Plates, BTW, I think works better.) I use it to show my critical debuffs on target nameplates and it works well.

You will find that you need to mouseover or target things to track buffs effectively on them; this is an unfortunate limitation of WoW and nothing can do better than TP does at associating the nameplate and the actual unit.

Deleted
    I think i didn't explain enough what i want exactly.
    I don't want to track debuffs on the nameplate but specific buffs that are on my character.

One example is "Slice and Dice" on my rogue. Its a buff on my character(not on my target) i want to keep up as much as possible so i want to track it comfortably.
    Another example could be a trinket procc i want to track. "Did my trinket procc? Lets have a look at the nameplates. Yep there it is"

I know that there are plenty of addons that can track buffs but i want them attached to the nameplate because i'm looking there anyways :-P

I just installed Tidy Plates again and it doesn't seem to do what i want.
    I can track enemy debuffs and buffs like a charm but not my own buffs :<
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2014-07-19 at 09:24 PM.

It sounds to me like you are looking for WeakAuras...SS inc.

I use it to track TotT and trinket procs on my hunter. You could easily do the same thing with Slice and Dice.

I'm not aware of any addon that puts your Buffs on an enemies nameplate, seems like an odd thing to want XD
    Last edited by Razorlor; 2014-07-19 at 09:26 PM.

Deleted
    Yup you are right i want something like weak auras but with the option to anchor the icon to the enemy name plate of my target.
    I know that is kind of special. Maybe its possible with weakauras custom code?

I have never heard of such a thing being possible...I don't even know how that would work, haha.

Just threw a quick one together for SnD, would that be of any use to you?

You can use it for tracking all kinds of things too, it's incredibly useful!
    Last edited by Razorlor; 2014-07-19 at 09:36 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you for your work but i'm already using weak auras for this purpose at the moment (looks similar )

The thing i really want is the nameplate attachment.
    If its possible for enemy's buffs and debuffs on the enemy i guess it should be possible.

The question is if there is a way to do this without knowing anything about code :-P

Okay, gotcha. I don't think is any way to attach your buffs to an enemy nameplate...if there is, I wish you the best of luck in finding it!

Deleted
    Thank you. Maybe someone has a solution for me

have a look at the aura functions in KuiNameplates.

That just sounds really dodgy.
    Having it on a nameplate which is very susceptible to movement and often not being visible seems really contradictory to the idea of maximising its visibility.
    The other suggested ideas are way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    @modernist: Great addon but unfortunately i cant get it to show my buffs :<

@ComputerNerd: It would be more like another option. If the nameplate wasn't visible i could still look at my weakaura or my buffbar.
    Like some people have dots on their nameplates and their unitframes.

If you feel the need for another display, then you are doing your current ones wrong.
    Wrong place, not easy enough to read in a hurry etc.
    The solution you want isn't solving the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Tidy Plates can definitely do that. I'm using this for tracking flame shock with my enha shaman. At the bottom of config window, there is whole section about buffs. You can specify exactly which buff you want to see and in which manner.

edit. Oh I didn't see you want to see buffs. That is such a strange idea that I automatically thought you want to see debuffs. I'm afraid there is no such addon. Best addon you can get for this is weakauras or something similar.
    Last edited by mmocb38c33d622; 2014-07-22 at 10:13 AM.