Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    YES to High-Elves x1000!! Add High-Elves and Ogres in the same expansion.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    And next we have Steamweedle Goblins!!!!
    And then Highborne Night Elves!!!!

*Pushes up glasses* Actually, Highborne Night Elves are nothing more than the Night Elf magi we have currently. They're already here as far as we're concerned.

Steamwheedle Goblins can be role-played by the Goblin models we have already. They're nothing more than cartels with Steamwheedle being nothing more than a neutral one. Unfortunately, due to game mechanic constraints that self-proclaimed Steamwheedle Goblin would have to stick with Horde as walking in Stormwind -- even though lore-wise a Goblin probably wouldn't be butchered on the spot Steamwheedle or otherwise (How would you tell? It's not like they have cartel tattoos).

But yeah, we kind of already have the lore laid out for that and it'd be interesting to see how the game would be if lore was taken over gameplay mechanics.

As far as High Elves are concerned, we already do have them. They're all over the place Dalaran or otherwise with some High Elves taking active roles in the Alliance. They're not exactly numerous but neither are Blood Elves but we have them playable anyway.
    Last edited by Conspicuous Cultist; 2014-07-19 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    They should make it so that the Lich King nearly wipes out all of the High Elf civilization, and that the majority of the survivors eventually join up with the Horde under the name "Blood Elves".
    A fine suggestion.

A huge part of the games NPCs are HEs... It take a lot of effort (that they don't want to put in) to do it. It would also mean that the Bloods would be the High elves anyhow...
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by KongNosh View Post
    YES to High-Elves x1000!! Add High-Elves and Ogres in the same expansion.
    High Elves to Horde and Ogres to Alliance!!!!!!!!

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    High Elves to Horde and Ogres to Alliance!!!!!!!!
    You can have a High Elf and an Ogre or you can have a raid tier.

*Draws a line in the sand*

Pick your fate now.

They already said themselves that it is a possibility with subraces. Since so many people want it it's obviously gonna happen eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    I'll go with the two races then.

They already are. The night elf mages are canonically considered high elf remnants from Feralas, there's a subset of the more blood elf-like ones from Dalaran still following Jaina around, and the blood elves are in the horde. I hardly see the need to saturate the alliance with even more elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

No need really ,the latest development of the Blood Elves kinda depicts them as more of a High Elf ( witch they are ) rather then the fel consuming Blood Elves, only difference they got green eyes and cba to join the Alliance.

I am almost sure blizz will add a cosmetic glyph someday that will turn the Blood Elves eyes from green to red. Do people really want to play as HE that much or just want to play a BE on Alliance faction ? Also i dont want humans in the Horde

I'd rather have a new, interesting playable race than a third elf race.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

How about no.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    They should make it so that the Lich King nearly wipes out all of the High Elf civilization, and that the majority of the survivors eventually join up with the Horde under the name "Blood Elves".
    That is already a canon. There is maybe a couple hundred High Elves still alive and scattered around the globe. There is no race any more. Everyone that remains is Blood Elf these days. If it is not, it will be in couple of years. Truth is, that the remaining High Elves are doomed to extinction. They will simply die out at one point, and that point is getting closer and closer as days go by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    You can keep the High Elf, just give me the Ogre and Furbolg instead.
    Last edited by Astalnar; 2014-07-19 at 11:45 PM.

Won't work without using Belf model with blue eyes. Because that's what they are. They aren't "human colored elves" or whatever it is you say in the OP, they're just elves. They picked Belves over Helves, I'm sorry you wanted the other end but doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

And again, as I have said on every other post/thread for this. The high Elves are playable. They are called Blood Elves. If you really like the race then go horde.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    really they do, cos they're sittiig on a gold mine they need to exploit while people are still interested in wow and wow lore, it's one of those topics that gets fans really really riled up whenever it's brought up, and it always sparks interest and contention, which fits the conflict system of warcraft like hot glove on a winter morn. Only horde v alliance topics get this

you don't get half as much night elf vs blood elf friction as you get high elf vs blood elf, everytime without fail, so they gotta find a way.

My proposal:
    Do it with sub-races

this would be the best time give an alliance sub-race of high elves but also give a forsaken sub-race of human look alikes, something the horde tbh really need, and will help naturally balance horde numbers without having to pump up their storyline.

one of the sub-races of alliance get high elves, one of the sub races of forsaken get unliving humans, so they're not decayed like undead, but they're not living either, - they look human so playess see a human optioni on character creation, but they don't have to be alive, think of vampires for example, they/re not living, yet they're not dead either

Proposal:
    Living or Unliving Forsaken Humans:
    Model: BLood elf model - humanised - it is the blood elf model, blood elf animations, blood elf silhouette - BUT - human skin tones (so you get darker ones), human ears, human eyes, human eyebrows, Lordearon human emotes.

it's important these don't look like stormwind humans or alliance humans, their story ties in with the forsaken.

Enjoy the hate and fihgting between fans oon this one, and enjoy the masses who aren't lore buffs of warcraft, actually seeing a race they can identify with on the horde side and picking horde forskaen unliving to play with.

watch population blanace even out without the need to hakeep pushing the horde stories almost exclusively and watch the love and immersement grow.
    You didn't get bored beating this horse to death months ago with your ridiculous living humans on Horde proposal?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-on-the-horde

I remember you and Mace opening several threads on this idea, almost spamming the forums.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Elf-race-group

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post23100557

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-new-expansion

Is this the new plan then? Bring up the idea, watched it get ripped to pieces by everyone else who points out just how ridiculous it is, wait six months and then repost it?

Blizzard may introduce sub-races as a form of extra customization in upcoming expansions, but if you expect a company who are having difficulty producing five distinct faces for each race/gender combo to introduce a system along the lines you're advocating then you're fooling yourself.

What I suspect will happen when they get around to these extra customization options is a Half Elf choice for Humans. Which will basically be a human model with glowing blue eyes and pointy ears.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2014-07-20 at 04:31 PM.

Aren't they basically just night elves or blood elves with different lore ? We already have 2 playable elf races so do we really need a 3rd ? They can have high elves and their story in the game without making them playable.

If they were added i'm sure people would just complain they use the same model as blood elves anyway..
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-07-20 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    And again, as I have said on every other post/thread for this. The high Elves are playable. They are called Blood Elves. If you really like the race then go horde.
    You speak sense. However, you have not encountered the rabid High Elf fanatic before. Let me summarise. No matter how much you point out that the race is actually already playable, they will find ANY miniscule difference they can between the two groups and then expand it's importance out of all logical proportions.

They will fall upon your statement like a pack of hyenas. If you are truly unfortunate, High Elf devotee Northem will show up and link his images demonstrating how the blood elves and high elves are completely separate groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Aren't they basically just night elves or blood elves with different lore ? We already have 2 playable elf races so do we really need a 3rd ? They can have high elves and their story in the game without making them playable.

If they were added i'm sure people would just complain they use the same model as blood elves anyway..
    Also speaking sense. Also going to be affected by the High Elf proponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post

The highborne were originally Night Elves who became addicted to arcane magic. This addiction changed their appearance. When they were kicked out of the Night Elf society for it, and after other events. They moved to Eastern Kingdoms and founded Quel'thalas. After Arthas ravaged Silvermoon and the Sunwell they changed their name to Blood Elves for their fallen. Soon after the Highborne who remained in Kalimdor was allowed to rejoin the Night Elves society.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    You speak sense. However, you have not encountered the rabid High Elf fanatic before. Let me summarise. No matter how much you point out that the race is actually already playable, they will find ANY miniscule difference they can between the two groups and then expand it's importance out of all logical proportions.

They will fall upon your statement like a pack of hyenas. If you are truly unfortunate, High Elf devotee Northem will show up and link his images demonstrating how the blood elves and high elves are completely separate groups.
    Yeah I know. The Highborne has blue eyes while the Blood Elves have green. Even though some Blood Elves have shown blue eyes(nonscourge) as well as purple eyes and even white eyes. The Blood Elves skin is paler then High Elves. The Blood Elves are beginning to evolve into a different race. But until 10000 years from now when that happens, they are still the same race. I started a Blood Elf because I liked the Highborne society, and also loved the horde. When the Blood Elves popped up I spazzed and created one. Now all my characters are Blood Elves.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2014-07-20 at 04:37 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more elves please. I'd rather Naga... when we figure out their boot/pants issue. Or maybe Ogres.

blizzard dosent "have" to do anything. they already said no new races. I suppose its okay to fantasize about it

plus high elves seem pretty bland and boring. I was hoping we would get saurok *fingers crossed*
    Last edited by idunnowatdo; 2014-07-20 at 05:10 PM.