Question Seeking Tablet advice

I am/will be in the market for a tablet soon, and in need of some advice on which to buy. These are the things I am looking for

• Streaming Video: Netflix/Amazon Prime
    • Email (Gmail preferably)
    • Decent Battery Life
    • Reliable WiFi
    • Price: $175-250
    • Supports Google Chrome / Youtube

Any suggestions and input very appreciated. Also, if any of your suggestions have upgrades coming this year that would be worth waiting for.

Deleted
    Nexus 7, the build quality is impeccable and the screen is very nice 1080p.

http://www.google.com/nexus/7/

Are there major differences between Kindle HDX and Nexus 7? and do either of these have a new upgrade coming this year?

- - - Updated - - -

Also forgot to mention. I have a large Itunes music library. Do any of the tablets support that? or able to get it with 3rd party software?

It depends on how big you prefer your viewing of media.
    The large HDX Kindle will do all you need and has one of the best resolutions "PPI" of any of the tablets.
    It's only problem is that it's WiFi is sorta touchy working with older routers.
    I went from Netflix to Amazon Prime for streaming due to the titles & quality of the audio/video streaming.
    My next gift to myself is the large HDX wifi and max memory.
    I wish that they would add a Mini Sd card slot for more storage.
    My Armory - Tenzi

Deleted
    i would recommend a second hand iPad mini they are small, fast and stylish. you can get them on the internet cheap.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can second the nexus 7, it is working like a champ, I bought one for my mom.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Asus memo pad 7 or 8. Just got my wife one, we switched out her older nexus 7 for this and its amazing. 199.99usd.

I highly recommend the LG G Pad.

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-...lack-g-pad-8.3

Video playback is beautiful, it's very snappy and I've never had an issue with the wifi. Oh and it has a micro sd slot.

Screensize, anything 7"+. would I be able to get my itunes library on a non-apple tablet?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for the advice. I have been looking more into the Nexus 7. And have one final question. Is it worth buying a Nexus 7 now? or wait for the Nexus 8. So far I have only seen rumors on a release date so I dont know if it would be worth the wait. Also, what kind of deal would I be looking at if I waited for a holiday sale such as black Friday or Cyber Monday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've personally had a Tegra Note since January and I quite like it. Nvidia has thus far been excellent about software updates, it shipped with 4.2 and promptly received updates to 4.3, and 4.4 and they've stated that it will be receiving an update to L when it comes out. I find the stylus to be exceedingly handy.

The only two complaints I have are

1. The "slide cover" is really flimsy, especially for how much they charge for it (for $35, the plastic hinge piece ought to be aluminum). The damn thing broke from just daily use. There's also basically no other options for cases for the thing.

2. The GPS basically doesn't work. It'll sit there for minutes without getting anywhere. It might figure out where you are after 20 minutes or so, if you stay still.

They're also releasing a new version called the Shield Tablet
    (previously known as the K1 tablet) supposedly at the end of this month, though even the cheapest version of it will be outside your price range.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no Android app for Amazon Instant Video. There are some workarounds, but you can't watch Amazon Prime wiht the app on a Nexus 7 or 10, even though they are probably the best two tablets out there.

To watch Amazon videos, you have to manually download Flash and then use a browser that supports it. The native Chrome browser doesn't.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Thermal Paste: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2133 SSD: Samsung 840 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OS: Windows 10 Pro PSU: Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Monitor: Dell U3415W 34" 21:9 3440x1440 Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Headset: Logitech G35 Speakers: Logitech Z53 NAS: Synology DS214 Play (6TB RAID-0) Router: ASUS AC87R

After reading all the comments, and doing some searching of my own. I have ruled out Kindle/Ipad products due to lack of customization/pricing. And looking at all the nexus reviews I was pretty impressed. That being said, there have been some pretty good deals on Nexus 7. I am assuming its because a new version is coming in the near future possibly. The Volantis or w/e it is called has been rumored, but not much speculation on it. Would it be worth buying a nexus 7 or wait till the new one comes out? Ive never had a tablet or smartphone, so I dont know how long they continue to update older products or if support continues on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomAgony View Post
    so I dont know how long they continue to update older products or if support continues on them.
    I believe Google's standard for Nexus devices is updates for 2 years. The current Nexus 7 will be receiving an upgrade to the upcoming L version when it comes out.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Even the last gen Nexus receives the most up to date Android OS (so far) and runs like a champ albeit a tad slow after awhile when you use up the storage. So any Nexus tablet is a win as it will last you quite awhile...but if you buy now, I'd recommend the 2013.

Deleted
    ALWAYS buy Nexus devices if you can. Not only do Google actually support them 1st (You get android updates 1st) but the dev community also supports them way past their useable life-span. Nexus one is still getting 4.4 updates (Not offically).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Asus memo pad 7 or 8. Just got my wife one, we switched out her older nexus 7 for this and its amazing. 199.99usd.
    I'll second Asus Memo Pad 7, though I recommend HD version, the screen is mind blowingly good.
    PM me weird stuff :3