10+ Year Old Account

Addons for WoD beta?

I know some addons work but I heard you have to change settings,how is that done? and what addons work?

You need to update the toc, the "Load Out of Date" checkbox doesn't work in the beta atm. The WoD beta client doesn't read outside textures. There are other significant changes/bugs currently in the client. I would advice you keep an eye out on the following sites for acctually updated addons:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat140.html
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/?site=+

Deleted
    I've updated the toc in a few addons and it hasnt worked. Is that the only change people are making to get them working or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Underz View Post
    I've updated the toc in a few addons and it hasnt worked. Is that the only change people are making to get them working or what?
    No, they would have to be properly updated and the issues with the current client needs to be worked out.

Deleted
    -Change game Version in the *toc file to 60000.

-open AceDB-3.0.lua in the AceDB-3.0 folder (in the addonname/lib dir) and search for:

local factionrealmregionKey = factionrealmKey .. " - " .. string.sub(GetCVar("realmList"), 1, 2):upper()
    change this to: local factionrealmregionKey = factionrealmKey

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by owlkinello View Post
    -Change game Version in the *toc file to 60000.

-open AceDB-3.0.lua in the AceDB-3.0 folder (in the addonname/lib dir) and search for:

local factionrealmregionKey = factionrealmKey .. " - " .. string.sub(GetCVar("realmList"), 1, 2):upper()
    change this to: local factionrealmregionKey = factionrealmKey
    I tried to do that for clcinfo but i could only change the game version.
    Many Ace folders but none under the name AceDB. So i manually checked all of them for the keyword "local factionrealmregionKey" but i couldn't find any.
    Any ideas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louna View Post
    I tried to do that for clcinfo but i could only change the game version.
    Many Ace folders but none under the name AceDB. So i manually checked all of them for the keyword "local factionrealmregionKey" but i couldn't find any.
    Any ideas?
    yeah not all addons have these folder, i had the same problem so we have to wait for updates for these addons, but the addons that have these folders seem to work finde (except external textures that dont work atm)

for me skada, suf, Dominos, dbm, clique, vuhdo etc. work fine. Also Elvui & tukui seem to work as well

take a look here wowinterface.com/downloads/cat140.html for updates

u can also search this homepage for other addonupdates

Deleted
    Forcibly enabling addons for a new expansion without the author (or someone else with API knowledge) updating them properly is pointless and foolish at best, and can crash your client at worst.

Deleted
    yeah not all addons have these folder, i had the same problem so we have to wait for updates for these addons, but the addons that have these folders seem to work finde (except external textures that dont work atm)

for me skada, suf, Dominos, dbm, clique, vuhdo etc. work fine. Also Elvui & tukui seem to work as well

take a look here wowinterface.com/downloads/cat140.html for updates

u can also search this homepage for other addonupdates
    I have already checked there to find an alternative for beta but sadly no updates were about buff tracking addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Forcibly enabling addons for a new expansion without the author (or someone else with API knowledge) updating them properly is pointless and foolish at best, and can crash your client at worst.
    Well i already sent the author the errors i'm getting. I just wanted a buff tracker for the raid testing tomorrow. And the above solution didn't do the trick for mine.Hence why i post here.

Deleted
    How did you get vuhdo to work ? for me the config panel had total green background and cant find way around it to fix it.

Deleted
    Can anyone give VuhDo please mine seems not working on beta .

Deleted
    Make sure to update all toc files to toc number 60000.
    Start the game.
    Go to interface settings under help/other and enable "show lua errors".
    Hit /reload.

On Lua errors you have two options.
    1) Disable the addon and wait for an update
    2) Manually fix the addon and have your fix getting destroyed once you update it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mabb22 View Post
    How did you get vuhdo to work ? for me the config panel had total green background and cant find way around it to fix it.
    Same problem here green background cant configure anything.

Any ideas how to fix it ?

Deleted
    Some of my addons are getting this error anyone has a clue on how to fix it? As far as I could google, this seemed to have been a problem in MOP beta. Thanks in advance!

Message: ...lter\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:66: CreateFrame(): Couldn't find inherited node "UIPanelButtonTemplate2"
    Time: 07/23/14 19:33:04
    Count: 2
    Stack: [C]: ?
    ...lter\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:66: in function `?'
    ...e\AddOns\DebuffFilter\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:136: in function <...e\AddOns\DebuffFilter\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:125>
    ...e\AddOns\DebuffFilter\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:174: in function `Create'
    ...erface\AddOns\GenericAnnounces\ga_user_interface.lua:59: in function <...erface\AddOns\GenericAnnounces\ga_user_interface.lua:49>
    ...erface\AddOns\GenericAnnounces\ga_user_interface.lua:905: in function <...erface\AddOns\GenericAnnounces\ga_user_interface.lua:902>
    (tail call): ?
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5>
    (tail call): ?
    ...e\AddOns\DebuffFilter\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
    ...Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-TabGroup.lua:156: in function `SelectTab'
    ...erface\AddOns\GenericAnnounces\ga_user_interface.lua:952: in function `?'
    ...\DebuffFilter\Libs\AceConsole-3.0\AceConsole-3.0.lua:94: in function `?'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4369: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4023: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4062: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed'
    [string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

Locals: <none>

Deleted
    I think the problem is more whit the Lib addons then Vuhdo it self since most of errors is from them. think we just need to wait on update on those and just replace the new Lib addons whit old ones in Vuhdo folder.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Working Xct+ version for beta https://www.mediafire.com/?bxd4rpu9h8x1ef7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Some of my addons are getting this error anyone has a clue on how to fix it? As far as I could google, this seemed to have been a problem in MOP beta. Thanks in advance!
    <snip>
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/ace3/files/
    The addon tries to use the libraries built in, but if you download Ace3 as a standalone package, all addons will try that first before their own version.

Deleted
    Note Blizzard have toke way the ability to use PNG textures that's why a lot of addons have green texture because it is using costume texture and blizz is blocking it atm.