10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] Risen 3 Titan Lords

Making one since we dont have one, also have a game play video but its not in our language T-T
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

that video makes the game look horrible lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Only one i could find though
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the first Risen, could feel the Gothic-love flowing through it but thought Risen 2 was a bit shitty. I like the lore/setting though so I'll be keeping an eye on it just incase.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

From the video it looks like total shit. Really just looks like a Risen 2 expansion which IS a garbage game.

Free camera automatically makes it terrible for PC unless it has toggle-lock on, which it does not have. Makes it better for console controllers simply because they have 2 analog sticks.

The main character looks generic and boring. Also the models are atrocious; belts textured into the clothing model is disgusting, even fucking WoW is starting to get away from that.

Opening chests, which is a huge part of Risen, has stayed with the Risen 2 style, which is shit considering you have to wait to do the animation and then switch to a screen, when all of it could be done in real time like Risen 1, which was a lot more practical and detracts less from the player's immersion.

The combat looks like shit, pretty much Risen 2's which was bad, on top of that the animations looks half done.

At least the map looks nice. Clean and easy to distinguish between places, landscapes, and paths.

Interiors look nice which tends to be a strong aspect with the Risen series, however it looks like you can't climb buildings in this one either which is disappointing.

I was hoping they would learn from Risen 2's mistakes and realize what made Risen 1 so good and improve on those aspects, but all I see is shit design, more laziness, and rehashing in hopes people will buy into the name again.

After the disaster that Risen 2 was, I'll be remaining very skeptical about this one. That video isn't doing the game any favours either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

that video isn't doing it for me. /
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Horrible camera work indeed.

Game seems a carbon copy clone of Guild Wars 2 in some points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Horrible camera work indeed.

Game seems a carbon copy clone of Guild Wars 2 in some points.
    The only thing that reminded me of gw2 was the architecture, and i liked that in gw2, but risen is just bad...
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it was the only video i could find pretty sure we'll see more closer to release in august

10+ Year Old Account
    We finally got a trailer of our own XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    After the disaster that Risen 2 was, I'll be remaining very skeptical about this one. That video isn't doing the game any favours either.
    My thoughts ^

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, from gamescom
    Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/...-5-nominations

Best Role Playing Game:

Skylanders Trap Team
    Risen 3
    Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    We finally got a trailer of our own XD
    They're definitely saying what I want to hear in that video with going back to Risen and Gothic 3 mehcanics, just comes down to whether they actually follow through on it. I like that they basically act as if Risen 2 never existed.. which is wise.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

While I LOVED Gothic 1 and 2, I found the rest of the games in that franchise to be...lacking, as if the company never managed to evolve with the market and just stuck to some antiquated mechanics that worked at some point but which became absolete.

I hope they got some actually decent voice acting this time around, cause in the rest of games voice acting was attrocious and only the voice actor who did the main character seemed like he knew what he was doing.

But it's on my To Buy list right next to Wasteland 2 and hopefully they will keep me busy till wod.
    Last edited by Keyboard Champion; 2014-08-06 at 04:15 PM.

They haven't made anything worth spending time on since Gothic 3. It was awesome, but anything after that has been pretty bad.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

It has been releasead in the US and is currently bombing on metacritic in user reviews. Looks like the chain of shit games goes on.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/risen-3-titan-lords

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    It has been releasead in the US and is currently bombing on metacritic in user reviews. Looks like the chain of shit games goes on.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/risen-3-titan-lords
    I don't put much stock into peoples reviews of games like these, I remember the same site slamming Gothic 3 and then giving Gothic 4 a 9/10 .

That said it was always more likely to not live up to its potential so it's probably accurate.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,