Poll: Do you like the presence of powerful shared boss loot trinkets?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shared Boss Loot Trinkets

Almost every Flex 1 group I'm in, like 2-3 casters drop after Immersus because they were only after the trinket. It's flex and it's expected for a pug, but it got me thinking about why I continued to run full DS LFRs over and over and stay for every boss: compelling shared boss loot.

It took a very long time to get my LFR Vial of Shadows (group loot days) and even longer to get my normal and heroic versions. But it kept every single boss worthwhile for an extended period of time because ANY of them could drop it.

Currently we have shared gloves and cloaks. And I don't know about you, but cloaks are rendered irrelevant for the most part because of the legendary (even easy to acquire on your primary alts) and gloves might be a little more compelling, but I find gloves are usually one of the first pieces one acquires in their tier set because its off a mid-raid boss and it's one of the pieces that drop off celestials. So while they might be relevant, it's super temporary because of the better options readily available.

But then we have DS trinkets. #1 they were almost all BiS. and #2 we all have 2 trinket slots, which increases the need. IMO trinkets are one the most compelling pieces in your gear set, and if there's one thing we all remember it's how long it took us to get our Heroic DFO, DBW, Vial or Bone-Link Fetish.

I wish they took the most badass of the trinket options and put them on shared loot tables, while keeping some of the lesser ones as boss drops. I think it would make each boss more worthwhile every week. What do you all think?

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't actually have any shared boss loot for t16. You're somehow confusing trash drops with boss loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I did Normal and LFR DS for a year (and a couple heroic bosses after a period of flaky recruits) and Cunning of the Cruel never dropped once for me. I even got the legendary, but no Cunning.

Shared boss trinkets were on a less than 1% drop in case you forgot. I'd prefer to not repeat that.

Deleted
    Those low droprate shared loot table trinkets were a horrible design. Never again please. I don't mind what they did in ToT however, random weapon (for all specs?) can drop, but it's not your only option. And IF there was a spec that had it as BiS, just a bit different secondaries, not complete overhaul like those DS trinkets;

I definitely don't want to repeat my vial of shadows experience. Now having other interesting shared boss loot pieces might be interesting.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-07-21 at 12:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    RNG is still RNG.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    No, let's not go back to that. Those trinkets could only drop from the first 6 bosses right? Ok, so that's a total of 215 kills (normal and heroic), mostly on heroic, and I never once saw a Cunning drop at all. Yes, I was in a 10 man guild, but still, that's a terribly frustrating design and I do not want to do it again.

The problem with having shared loot is that you have to make the chances to drop it low because you have so many chances at it. There's always going to be loot RNG, we barely saw any of the caster trinket from ICC (can't remember the name) and that was all on 25 man, but the shared loot thing was terrible. Do not repeat it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    No, let's not go back to that. Those trinkets could only drop from the first 6 bosses right? Ok, so that's a total of 215 kills (normal and heroic), mostly on heroic, and I never once saw a Cunning drop at all. Yes, I was in a 10 man guild, but still, that's a terribly frustrating design and I do not want to do it again.
    Cunning hc was the one thing we saw drop so much, still have mine in my bank because was such a fun trinket. Went to our resto druid for offspec at a certain point. The str one we saw once, the tanking and agility never. And let's not talk about those rings either...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    The only way I would want to ever see Shared Loot again is if its an item upgrade system. Loose concept:
    Item upgrades to the next level: Normal -> Warforged or Heroic -> Heroic Warforged or Mythic -> Mythic Warforged
    Once an item is Warforged quality it adds or rerolls a random tertiary: Socket, Leech/Avoidance/Stability

Have it be shared loot off non-end bosses, and only be usable on items acquirable in that instance, but still be usable on tier pieces.

Then I would gladly see shared loot return.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    The only way I would want to ever see Shared Loot again is if its an item upgrade system. Loose concept:
    Item upgrades to the next level: Normal -> Warforged or Heroic -> Heroic Warforged or Mythic -> Mythic Warforged
    Once an item is Warforged quality it adds or rerolls a random tertiary: Socket, Leech/Avoidance/Stability

Have it be shared loot off non-end bosses, and only be usable on items acquirable in that instance, but still be usable on tier pieces.

Then I would gladly see shared loot return.
    Make an Echoes of War style drop be able to upgrade an item to Warforged.

Shared loot was a horrible, horrible concept. It's still annoying as hell when going for transmog gear like Zoid's in Firelands or that damn ToT sword that looks like Ashbringer. No thanks.

Besides, the main gripe you have (casters dropping after Immerseus in Flex) isn't a huge concern because you can easily pick up another DPS out of oQueue/Other Raids...and even if you don't, it's Flex so you can keep rolling without them. Sorry you got butthurt that the vastly-overgeared 560+ warlock/mage you invited to your Flex1 raid didn't feel like carrying the rest of your DPS through the other 3 bosses they don't need, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Shared loot was a horrible, horrible concept. It's still annoying as hell when going for transmog gear like Zoid's in Firelands or that damn ToT sword that looks like Ashbringer. No thanks.

Besides, the main gripe you have (casters dropping after Immerseus in Flex) isn't a huge concern because you can easily pick up another DPS out of oQueue/Other Raids...and even if you don't, it's Flex so you can keep rolling without them. Sorry you got butthurt that the vastly-overgeared 560+ warlock/mage you invited to your Flex1 raid didn't feel like carrying the rest of your DPS through the other 3 bosses they don't need, though.
    Replace the caster dps that drop after Immerseus with hunters, monks, rogues and druids that want the trinket from Sha of Pride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but with the same drop rate as if it were a normal drop. The easier to get a trinket the better.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the drop rate of Random Boss Rings/Trinkets in Dragon Soul was like 1% or 2% (very low). I ran 25 Man Heroic Dragon Soul for months and rarely saw any of them. As MoP got closer they did finally buff the drop rate of Random Boss Rings/Trinkets just like the Firestones in the Firelands as the next Raid was released. However by the time these drop rate buffs were in place the content was already over.

I dislike the idea in general because Random Boss Loot is RNG on top of more RNG.

I think the coin system is a better fix. I have only seen one bindings drop off immersius, but I have coined literally every variation ( lfr, flex, normal, heroic, heroic wf). If bosses had shared loot it would be harder to pick when to coin, like hitting a moving target but now you are moving too.

Shared boss loot in general is terrible as it requires blizzard to make them stupidly low drops so as not to conflict too often with the boss' common stuff. There's nothing fun with going the entirety of ToT and seeing zero Bo-Ris and only one Greatsword of Frozen Hells (which was coined) between our main and alt runs.

No. In DS, I farmed for a very long time, and I never saw the Cunning of the Cruel trinket even drop.

no thx, it took us 6 months before we saw 1 purified binding of immerseus.

was even longer for cunning of the cruel, and i was 1 of the ppl lucky enough to get 1.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Replace the caster dps that drop after Immerseus with hunters, monks, rogues and druids that want the trinket from Sha of Pride.
    and shamans*

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

You never wonder why it was removed?

to balance the droprates from multiple bosses the droprate has to be significantly lower than unique drops, this means 10man guilds will almost never see the trinket, which is what happened in DS.

if you didn't lower the droprate you would see multiple copies on every boss every week and it takes up a loot slot where something useful could have dropped.

terrible idea, don't mention it again.