The Torches in Blackrock Depths

Are only lootable by players that do the least dps and have no idea what's going on.
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2014-07-20 at 12:38 AM.

You could always try explaining.

But, making a special snowflake thread to whine is good too.

That is fact. Think I make an explanation macro when I level through that dungeon range in the hopes of keeping the derp down.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post

meanwhile, in the real world, we've already tried this and it has failed spectacularly. so we come to forums to vent our frustrations.

but kudos to you for finding another opportunity to throw that tired snowflake idiom around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post

Guessing he's talking about the dwarves in BRD that drop the torches you need to ignite the flames that open the doors to the dark iron king.

HELLO! SHAMAN! SHAMWOW32! HELLO?!?

It's your loot.

LOOT.

Loot the torch.

ON THE DWARF.

THE SHORT DEAD GUY!

THE TORCH!

Oh FFS just kill another one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    HELLO! SHAMAN! SHAMWOW32! HELLO?!?

It's your loot.

LOOT.

Loot the torch.

ON THE DWARF.

THE SHORT DEAD GUY!

THE TORCH!

Oh FFS just kill another one...
    No, no no, at this point someone usually straggles away from the group and gets swarmed by mobs and dies. He can't be ressed because of patrols and mobs having a fast respawn rate. And then he bails and the group needs to find more people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow these types of players also all seem to have an addon that removes any form of communication directed towards them.

Coincidence?

<snip on the meme>
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-07-23 at 04:58 PM.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

I've been RaFing and dungeon grinding the past two weeks so I've seen a lot of this "noobish" behavior. Beyond Blackrock Depths, it's pretty prevalent in Dire Maul and Lower Blackrock Spire as well :/

If that's not enough, sometimes you have tanks who just plain don't know where they're going...

Why are we so quick to call these people noobs? There is nothing inherent about the area that tells you that the torches need to be looted and used on the pyres. Just keep killing mobs until you get enough to drop that people pick up, or try talking in Instance chat to explain what's going on. No need to point fingers at the people who probably are new to the game and just don't know what you're supposed to do there.

Deleted
    Slap target on torch mobs

When it dies, say "loot this mob please, get torch, then follow me"

move to brazier, say "light this".

Worked for me everytime. I know its a monumental hassle to type a few words and communicate, but if you make a heroic effort it can be done!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Why are we so quick to call these people noobs? There is nothing inherent about the area that tells you that the torches need to be looted and used on the pyres. Just keep killing mobs until you get enough to drop that people pick up, or try talking in Instance chat to explain what's going on. No need to point fingers at the people who probably are new to the game and just don't know what you're supposed to do there.
    The problem is that people don't even read the frigging chat. And then they run off, are killed and never ever run in again.

This thread might seem "elitist" and a bit condescending, but to be honest it just really hits some nerve. I'm happy that I'm not the only one who is annoyed by this. ArRghh
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2014-07-24 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Some people seem to be derps or 5 years old playing the game.

maybe I'm from a different era of gaming... but if I see a lootable corpse I loot it. If it's sporting a limited use item I think it might be important... oh and aren't the braziers interactable? So the basic thing you might have to run into is fighting your way through the room to find it blocked with only 2 'boss' mobs in the room (the flame elementals guarding the braziers) which after killing leads you to the error message of needing a torch...

I think that's pretty inherent personally and what you would eventually realize assuming you missed the 8 or so patrolling flamekeepers.

Then again I use to run a build that would solo suicide rush that room cause I got tired of idiots that couldn't figure out that teh mobs respawned in under 30 seconds.

I am leveling my Nth character. This time through LFD while questing. I tend to take the back seat and see where it goes and I can only say that there is only so much they have done to smoothen the vanilla dungeons. BRD and Uldaman are just crazy fun. People have no idea where to go, and because they then look at the map and chase down bosses you get to do all the quests on your first run.

But really, the biggest problem is that players speed-leveling alts do not need anything they can loot during the runs. The money is nothing, the items they don't need, and the loot is irrelevant as well. So why bother to stop to loot? It then goes wrong when they do not remember the mechanics of the instance and realize that they needed something from a previous mob to progress.

I wouldn't say the money is 'nothing' sure the individual money drops are lame, but sometimes you get lucky and get something worth saving for the AH or stacks of vendor trash that saves you from sending another load of gold from a main. Or hell it's BRD just about every mob has a drop related quest tied to them (or keys if you lucked out and got a group trying to do a full clear cause apparently when they neutered the dungeon they made it so people only see like 3 bosses out of the 20+)

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are we so quick to call these people noobs?
    Noobs can learn. Idiots can't...
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    There is really no point to this thread.

Closing.