Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    differing thoughts, opinions, beliefs, or anything that makes anyone different from another person besides looks. a hive mind basically. perfect unity, no hate, no death, only absolute order and peace.

a perfect world where nothing ever goes wrong. it would be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    differing thoughts, opinions, beliefs, or anything that makes anyone different from another person besides looks. a hive mind basically. perfect unity, no hate, no death, only absolute order and peace.

I disagree and is a hrbl idea. I'm against everything you're for!
    The earth is not a cold dead place

I dislike brussel sprouts. I could easily do without them.

No, see that's a dystopian society you have there. So to add to my list:
    4. Derpkitteh's ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Whiny Social Retards and Social Pariahs who use message boards as their personal dairies. Who think that others really want to read about the source of their pent up angst. While said outcasts give the other readers an example as to why no one listens to said outcasts in the first place.
    ^

Also: Social media. Great in theory, but not everyone needs a voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    No, see that's a dystopian society you have there. So to add to my list:
    4. Derpkitteh's ideas
    whats better? freedom of thought, and world where children, women and men are killed, raped, and tortured and the amount of negatives far outnumber the amount of positives? or a world without freedom of thought where none of that happens, and the only negative is that you can't think freely? is your personal freedom of thought so important that you would subject millions to such depravity?

Anyone who doesn't agree with you should be silenced or cease to exist. Alright.

whats better? freedom of thought, and world where children, women and men are killed, raped, and tortured and the amount of negatives far outnumber the amount of positives? or a world without freedom of thought where none of that happens, and the only negative is that you can't think freely? is your personal freedom of thought so important that you would subject millions to such depravity?
    What if we end up like the zerg? We're ruled by a hive mind, but what if our intentions aren't really noble? Would that still be okay for you or...? Your original post stating that idea is we'd have one order/peace, but what if it comes at some terrible cost?

I agree with the topics the OP brought up those are certainly on the list of things I'd like gone.

The reasoning not so much.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    You were not prepared.
    thread win

My list is:

1) famine
    2) war
    3) money

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Bigotry
    2. Conservatives
    3. Republicans
    4. People that complain about what other people get to like

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    3. Feminism in gaming

I see it more and more and its abhorent. Most of the time the feminist bloggers are going to cancel and censor any cirticism they recieve, even the legit one, so its very hard to combat it. When you point it out they play the victim card and say that they're a woman and you're picking on them because they're a woman.

Here is a good piece of advice, don't read them, ever! Gives them traffic and keeps them relevant. I think feminism or just equal right between sexes is a thing we should develop through time and discussion, blogs of extremist and extreme moves do not help that.

Most people are now complaining that ubisoft doesnt have a female in Assassin creed. This is just retarded. Imagine if people would go to Mark Twain asking him to add more female characters, or people going to Tolkien and saying they wanted a female lead for lord of the rings.
    Games are stories made by the devs, if they feel like adding a female character then they should, if not then they shouldn't. Its their story.
    Not to mention that a female would hardly fit in Assassin Creed.
    Not only females were not warriors in that age. But most of them were forced to wear dresses because the bible forbit women to wear mans clothing.
    It would be ridiculous to see a woman in a dress climb on top of buildings or be booed in the crowd if she wore pants.

Funny thing is, there has already been an Assassins Creed with a female character, granted it was quite short and on handheld. But in this case they opted to make four characters coop (in the main series), and leave out the opportunity to actually have a female character with an actual character development and actual break their mold of mainly male lead characters. Seeing as Assassins Creed is as far away from reality, I don't think a female learned in combat running around on roofs would be that weird, hell the games where you had Assassins to help you, there were females among them. It is a lost oppurtinity that people are disgruntled about, oh that and Ubisofts answer as to why.

Another point is that people consider that females are over sexualised in games.

My answer is that men are oversexualised as well. What is the last game you've played with a fat bald dude or a teenage boy with his face full of acne? Or a stupid fat average guy like homer simpson who just tries to get through his day to day life?
    You dont see that. Because games are ment to escape the world of mundane, to get players in a fantasy world.

Gonna go with the typical answer here and say for men it is a power fantasy, big muscles, badass, gruff voice etc.. There aren't many female characters that come close to being badass, and even the ones that are, oh yeah better have DD and an ass of model. Not clothed to combat or anything really; purely for the purpose of showing, granted a lot of male characters fall under that as well.

I think for a lot of men, it can be quite hard to see why some women (myself included), wants their to be a bit of change to the industry (not in the extreme way that some women wants it). Too often do I see a female character in a game, and all I see is a tits and ass and zero character, and it is even more rare to being able to play a good female character; that is wearing badass clothes, has badass lines, a badass character and in general just more than tits and ass. Unfortunately all discussions just end up being who can throw the must shit at the other side

4. Keeping violence down in video games and movies

There are absolutely no studies to show that violent games leed to violent behavior. There are billions of people playing games and most of them are violent. Yet there is no increase in violence worldwide then it was 30 years ago.
    And as a med student I find it so unrealistic whenever I see a movie with people shooting at each other with assault rifles and there is not even the tinyest amount of blood going on.
    Question; do you somehow enjoy games less, because blood is not splattered around all over the floor and whatnot? Because that sounds a tad weird; of course it is a little bit of an immersion break, but is it really the thing that games need? More blood and violence?
    Not gonna touch the other two subjects.
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2014-07-20 at 02:51 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Interesting. I had to think about that one for a couple of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    Yeah i hope a mod will move it to offtopic
    needs to be moved to the trash, thats what it is

Oh oh I want to play...
    Lets see my list:
    -Stupid People
    -People

Yep I think that just about sums it up.

1. Weapons
    2. Drugs
    3. Alcohol

10+ Year Old Account
    Q-200s

Terrible, terrible, terrible airplanes. I hate them!
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    What if we end up like the zerg? We're ruled by a hive mind, but what if our intentions aren't really noble? Would that still be okay for you or...? Your original post stating that idea is we'd have one order/peace, but what if it comes at some terrible cost?
    i'm meaning in a perfect scenario. where it is peace, tranquility, and order. the only cost is freedom of thought.

egalitarian ideology

nuff said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    1. Bigotry
    2. Conservatives
    3. Republicans
    I don't think you realized how contradictory what you said just was.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."