Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Sparkuggz has a nice one online

10+ Year Old Account
    78k dps is very low for 533 you need to read up some guides on your class/spec and rotation. My warlock at 520 was pumping atleast 150k dps with cooldowns on single target and around 100k normally. Since then I have gotten a flex heirloom staff on my monk and sent it over and the celestial dropped tier legs for me yesterday. I am now up to 525 I just want to update my trinket over the shitty 463 one that is slowing me down then I will give it a go. Also getting at least 1 ordos piece will help a but load.

I was getting him down to 90% before the pitlord was out. Best attempt was like 70% or so after 3 or 4 tries. I am working on the legendary cloak although I still have 6-7 weeks till I can get the it for the 8th time. This will put me at mid September. I think this will be around the time of 6.0 ptr.

I just haven't had the time to set aside to practice it because of all my alts that I play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figured out why pit lord was charging me before i got to enslave him. I went and glyphed my lock out and I solved that issue.

I gave it ago about 3 or 4 more times. Gotten him to about 30% by the time the first fel hunters came out. forgot to move my pit lord out the way the enslave demon got devoured and I died but I am getting the hang of it and should have it down soon.

I have heard of people having 200 attempts on it before getting it done and I am less then 10 and at about 30%

good lord how did u get him to 30% before the first felhunters O.O

the felhunters are destroying me

522 ilvl 82-85k dps last few attempts.

sub 90% before pitlord spawns.

I move my pitlord over to the other side and rain of fire when felhunters come out but they still seems to free him sometimes i mange to get past it via more luck it takes so long though for me....
    Last edited by cuafpr; 2014-08-05 at 03:38 AM.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I move my pitlord over to the other side and rain of fire when felhunters come out but they still seems to free him sometimes i mange to get past it via more luck it takes so long though for me....
    Are you running Deadly Boss Mods? I am not sure, but I think it has a timers module for the fight, which would help in advanced positioning of the Pitlord.

That said, you need to make sure the fel Hunters NEVER, EVER, look in the Pit Lord's general direction. Their Devour magic is a frontal cone, with a pretty much UNLIMITED range. The easiest way to make 100% sure your Pit Lord is never devoured is to make sure he is BEHIND where they spawn. If he is only off to the side, there is a much larger chance of him getting zapped. Where as if they physicaly have to do a 180 turn to look in his direction, there is a much higher chance of your Rain of Fire getting their attention first.

I think you mentioned early on that you had a 480 something weapon? Have you tried LFR / Timeless isle coins to get a new one? Grabbing a SoO LFR weapon would be a massive upgrade for your DPS.

Also, a few things to note:
    - You should NEVER eat cataclysm. it WILL kill you through pretty much every defensive cooldown known to man. Always use the Pit Lord Charge thing to interupt that.

- You dont want to Soul Shatter the instant the Pit Lord has been enslaved. Ideally, you should burn the boss as hard as you can till the summoning, maybe even drop a few chaos bolts into him (always keep 2 embers for healing), then Enslave the pitlord. IMMEDIATELY charge the boss, and have the Pitlord use it's breath attack + start auto attacking him. Keep an eye on timers, and soul shatter just before he starts casting his first Chaos Bolt. This gives the Pit Pit Lord a chance to build a decent amount of threat on him and increases the chance that the Pitlord will actually eat the first Chaos Bolt for you. If you soul shatter immediately, you are just going to rip threat off the Pit Lord almost instantly since it wont have any threat to start with.

- Macro the Pit Lord's Breath attack to something and hit it EVERY TIME IT COMES OFF COOLDOWN. Try your best to stand so the boss is between you and Pit Lord so the breath hits you because it does damage to the boss AND removes all dots except Doom off of you. You should never need to personally remove a dot off of yourself, because the Pit Lord should be doing that for you.

- read this: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=70075#comments
    Last edited by Surfd; 2014-08-05 at 04:25 AM.

my issues is everything i read talks about the pitlord tanking.... but he doesn't hold threat AT All... uhg.. i'm now at i lvl 522 and can't get it down. this is just a random alt i dont play a lot so i know i'm not that great at it but still.....
    Most of the strats that use the pitlord to tank were written in 5.2, when gateway dropped aggro.

Now you just face-tank it. Use the pitlord to heal you and dispell debuffs. Macros can make using your pitlord to do both of those things quite well.

You should be spending most of your time spamming incinerate and only spending embers if you're about to cap or are about to die.

Here's a starter kit:

P1: (pit lord) fear the pit lord, Burn boss. Enslave shortly before fear wears out. Boss will not begin his rotation until pit lord is enslaved. Consider pre-potting and burning drums of war (after fear) and potentially doomguard if available.

P2: Imps - give the imps a few seconds to pour out and then use your pit lord to wipe them out. Stand in the middle of the imps so pitlord's breath can clear debuffs.

P3: Felhounds - After Imps (and potentially a cataclysm) - Move pit lord out of LOS, pop soul shatter to send Ebonlocke after your pit lord before the felpuppies start spawning. Open with shadowfury on the dogs and use havoc to burn them fast. Glyph of Havoc helps heaps here. Tank the dogs on top of the portal. Hopefully, if you can get ebonlock out of LoS with the pit lord, you shouldn't be getting debuffs, if you can't get a soulshatter out before the puppies start spawning (maybe because you were slow on clearing imps?) then you need to use Cauterize Magic (imp sacrifice) or Unbound Will to clear debuffs before seed of corruption goes off.

P4: Doomguard - Banish doomguard and forget, dismiss and re-enslave pit lord. Refresh demonic circle/gateway and go hard on the boss. If you don't dismiss your pit lord, enslave demon will expire during the next felhound phase.

P5 - Start at P2 and repeat; If you make it to P4 again before getting the boss to 20% you're probably not doing enough DPS. (my crappy 520ish lock alt hit 20% somewhere after the second wave of imps.)

P6 - (boss at 20%) - Ebonlock will continually summon imps. Pop doomguard (if you didn't on the pull), pop your potion of cleansing (to drop curse of doom), spam rain of fire, ember tap, and shadowburn. this would be a good time for a soulstone too. You need to burn the boss before he overwhelms you. If you die at ~1%, you can occasionally get lucky and have your felguard finish the boss.

(All phases):
    Pre-fight: Set down your circle on top of your gateway so you can quickly snap back to your gateway from 40yrds to LoS CB.
    Sacrifice an imp. Don't burn SS on the pull, save if for an attempt where the boss gets to 20% or less.

Cataclysm: Begin casting a chaos bolt before interrupting the boss, charge the boss with pitlord (increasing his damage taken) mid-cast and cast another while he's still stunned.

Chaos Bolt: You -MUST- LOS these. spending valuable CD's trying to soak these will bite you later on. (generally on the imp phases.) Twilight Ward will soak some of it's damage, use it liberally.

Debuffs: Seed of Corruption -CANNOT- be allowed to expire without being dispelled. It's on-expiry effects will very likely get you killed.

Curse of Doom: Can be somewhat circumvented with a cleansing potion, but at the cost of losing your DPS potion CD. (extends the fight's duration to 14 mins.)

General Survival: You should be saving Embers for Ember Tap. You should be using your pitlord's heal whenever it's available.

If you're finding it difficult to track everything, consider making some weakauras to help you out. If you're fumbling with the pit lord, use macros to help you out.

You should treat this like any other raid encounter. The fight isn't too hard but there's a lot of moving parts to figure out, so tackle them one at a time and expect to take several attempts until you're used to your class's toolkit and learning to use abilities that don't get a ton of use in PVE.

10+ Year Old Account
    good lord how did u get him to 30% before the first felhunters O.O
    I have a 556 heirloom weapon and I am in mostly 528 lfr gear. I used a 1000 int flask and I am getting him to 90% before the pitlord is out.

Quote Originally Posted by sargior View Post
    I have a 556 heirloom weapon and I am in mostly 528 lfr gear. I used a 1000 int flask and I am getting him to 90% before the pitlord is out.
    its gotta be the weapon or just i'm losing 2 much dps post pitlord.... I can get to 90% before the pit lord, with a fear i've got him to 85% or so before he was active was still at 50-60% for felhunters.

Deleted
    its gotta be the weapon or just i'm losing 2 much dps post pitlord.... I can get to 90% before the pit lord, with a fear i've got him to 85% or so before he was active was still at 50-60% for felhunters.
    i'll give 3 bits of advice. first off i don't know if you made a macro for targeting yourself and casting pit lords breath, but it is really useful, and was one of the things that really helped.

second is to make sure you have good usage of his charge ability. you can fairly accurately predict when he's going to use cataclysm, so use charge as often as you can when he's not near that cast, as its a huge dps increase.

third, as others have said, just fear the pit lord when felhunters arrive. i tried repositioning and running to the other side, but it never seemed to work for me. instead, just prepare to fear him and that should give you all the time you need. i was in 508 gear, pulling around 90-100k and took him down before the second wave of felhunters (JUST before) to give a general idea.

thanks for the advice in the last 4-5 post I got a PVE offhand and that put me at 523, i'll trying it some more this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Variations View Post
    it's not about gear at all.
    I really wish that were true, but gear makes an enormous difference. I did it at 486, and again at 570 just for fun, and the difference is insane. Don't have to worry about much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to pimp *cough*

I did a full guide to the entire thing, from boosting a warlock to 90 to getting green fire including a full guide to the Kanrethad fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syjdmk7x6D4

Hopefully it's of help to some of you looking to get Fel Fire and the title for 6.0

I originally did it at 505 and it was a decent challenge for me as a new Lock player. Went back in at 533 (got her to 541 now) and roflstomped it by the first Doomlord.
    Last edited by Sar-; 2014-08-07 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished it myself

537 ilvl with flask finished around the doomlord. just before the 2nd wave of imps. it bugged on me so I had to do it twice.

1500000 chaos bolt crits cuts this fight down a lot.

<20 attempts total

woot! got it done!!!!!!! the advice to move the pit lord back behind and to the left of the portal fel hunters is what made the difference for me! I used soul shatter right when "K" would start to run to summom the felhunters, move the pit lord and rain of fire. This allowed me to focus on them with out worry of free pit lord or "K" beating on me. at the start of the 3rd round of imps he was sub 5% so i just rain of fired the imps, poped all defensive CD's and spammed shadowburn with all the embers. so happy ^_^ hardest solo thing i've done in wow to date and that goes back to getting benediction on my priest in vanilla. thanks again for all the advice, macros and videos.

ilvl 523
    85k dps for the fight, no pots, or buffs. (i had ran out and was giving it one more shot lol).
    total attempts... a crap load well over 30-50 i'm sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    woot! got it done!!!!!!! the advice to move the pit lord back behind and to the left of the portal fel hunters is what made the difference for me! I used soul shatter right when "K" would start to run to summom the felhunters, move the pit lord and rain of fire. This allowed me to focus on them with out worry of free pit lord or "K" beating on me. at the start of the 3rd round of imps he was sub 5% so i just rain of fired the imps, poped all defensive CD's and spammed shadowburn with all the embers. so happy ^_^ hardest solo thing i've done in wow to date and that goes back to getting benediction on my priest in vanilla. thanks again for all the advice, macros and videos.

ilvl 523
    85k dps for the fight, no pots, or buffs. (i had ran out and was giving it one more shot lol).
    total attempts... a crap load well over 30-50 i'm sure.
    Grats bro. I was managing 150k dps. Some well timed stuns and 1.5 million chaos bolts cuts the fight down a lot. And yea moving the pit lord a few seconds before felhunters far to the left is required.

The video and guide on icy veins is no good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRZpiNBIQA is what you want to watch.

Just get 550 gear and faceroll it.