10+ Year Old Account

Best stats in WoD beta for hunter?

Been playing all the specs in beta now I wanna see what you guys think is the best stat for each class

Survival =?
    Marksman=?
    Beast mastery=?

Surv = Multistrike
    BM = Mastery or Multistrike (either or)
    MM = who cares.

15+ Year Old Account
    Way too early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Way too early to tell.
    Way too early to tell what's gonna be best in beta now that it's a bit relevant because raid testing is apparently coming up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Azortharion helping again!
    and Im just asking what the best is ATM

In truth @ MM, probably Crit if you want to go for one stat > all.

Applying encounter logic, Mastery is prolly > all for BM as well.

Yeah I am on the beta right now preparing a toon with the pvp gear... wonder what stats I should go for as MM, Crit or haste? hmm...I should use MM on monday right? Much beta so confused

I'm honestly feeling haste = crit for MM right now. Any reason why multistrike for BM?

The bulk of the attacks done (so the Multistrikes) for BM (pet melee/claw) does more damage than the bulk of SV's attacks done, especially with Lone Wolf being really attractive for SV atm.

But I still stand by Mastery being > Multistrike.

As MM, I'd pick up haste until you can get to 10 focus back per AiS cast, so that it becomes focus neutral on crits.

then go full crit.

Just don't go mastery as MM, not only will movement ruin your day, I was only at 12% mastery with 2000 rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    The bulk of the attacks done (so the Multistrikes) for BM (pet melee/claw) does more damage than the bulk of SV's attacks done, especially with Lone Wolf being really attractive for SV atm.

But I still stand by Mastery being > Multistrike.
    Beast Cleave still is being affected from all of your stats though in theory, and your multistrikes can crit, I think it'll be Mastery > Crit > MS if that.

Survival: I believe there will be a point of too much Multistrike in W.O.D. After some testing on beta, I was able to get my Multistrike up to about 45% at lvl 92. At this point, the ES "spamminess" felt close to that of what its like on live with our 4-piece set bonus (lets not even get into what it was like having both the 4-piece and 45% Multistrike felt like). We don't want to get to a point where we are getting LnL procs too quickly. My prediction is that anywhere from 50%-60% will be comfortable for a lot of Survival Hunters (maybe a little more, someone will do the math once we get closer to launch), so once we can get to that point at level 100, will we start to look for other stats, possibly and little haste, but will probably go for Crit again.

Marksmanship: With our baseline Crit, and the way Rapid fire works with Careful Aim now, I don't think we are going to want too much external Crit off the bat. Or there will be a mathed out soft cap with will a good point to reach. I predict haste will our most important stat. It will help with Aim Shot cast times and focus regeneration.

Beast Mastery: Not too sure, I don't play too much BM. Looks like Mastery most likely. More pet damage never hurt nobody

I haven't spent to much time with MM or surv yet but as for BM I've been getting better results with crit over mastery. As for what little time I did spend with MM I can say I was really unimpressed with mastery