Poll: Should the new female Draenei model be changed?

Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post

Edit2: also took a fast shit with photoshop, i'd really like to have hairdo like this, "cute" hair front with "straight" back. I don't like "cute" ponytails. Also seems that photoshop fucked up with colors, maybe saving it as .png made it much darker.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oOW3CHO.png[IMG]
    *snickers at typo*
    Sorry, sorry, my childish sense of humour aside, I really like the hairstyle you threw together
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I deleted the PTR about a week ago, but have they addressed clipping issues?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    *snickers at typo*
    Sorry, sorry, my childish sense of humour aside, I really like the hairstyle you threw together
    What typo? "shit" was intentional. I'm not really good at joking in english ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I deleted the PTR about a week ago, but have they addressed clipping issues?
    Tested with few different shields (bulwark of azz, shield from nightbane, aldori legacy defender) and though different shapes, at least my elbow goes through when running and part of the hair clips too. But as they can't make shields hover meter away from your back, i don't think they even tried to fix those.

Edit: also that barber shop chair is different than "normal" inn chair, barber one still clips butt but normal inn chairs do not.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2014-09-30 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkla View Post
    Am I the only one that actually likes the wide nose for female Draenei? I think it's really cute.
    Many of the female faces have lost that Draenei uniqueness, the look too human in appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by AsheruWolf View Post
    My current issue is why the eye change from white to blue. On the darker Draenei it really looks odd compared to her body that she is really dark and suddenly light blue eyes.
    Lore reasons I believe.

Would be nice if they let players choose eye color.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aranellis View Post
    They do have, since some builds ago, but they are small-ish, not as big as nelf ones. I quite like them.

(A bit late, but the more proof the better )
    Ok, that is one fugly face. I'm finding my delighted anticipation for new models now feeling like an M80 up the ass. There's more to "remodeling" than the pulling and tweaking of wireframe and surfaces, the designers need to capture the essence of the race, seriously Blizzard hire some ex Disney/Pixar employees to undo this wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit2: also took a fast shit with photoshop, i'd really like to have hairdo like this, "cute" hair front with "straight" back. I don't like "cute" ponytails. Also seems that photoshop fucked up with colors, maybe saving it as .png made it much darker.

I need this haircut in my life. I'd swap both my pally and DK to draenei if this existed

I like how you picked that particular horn style for these pictures. It's the one I always pick when rolling draenei

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Blizzard has any plans to fix the shield positioning while being on my character's back.

For some reason, they are tilted to the left... being too close to the shoulders and clipping with them, even while standing still.

Managed to find one shield from my shaman's bank which seems to be working properly tho...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Ok, that is one fugly face. I'm finding my delighted anticipation for new models now feeling like an M80 up the ass. There's more to "remodeling" than the pulling and tweaking of wireframe and surfaces, the designers need to capture the essence of the race, seriously Blizzard hire some ex Disney/Pixar employees to undo this wrong.
    I think it's cute myself. Art's always going to be subjective, it's best to focus on actual bugs right now quite frankly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnagefiend View Post
    I think it's cute myself. Art's always going to be subjective, it's best to focus on actual bugs right now quite frankly.
    I agree. I quite like it myself as well. Yay for subjectivity. That face makes me happy because I really liked that face before the update and I still like it a lot. Tried a few different faces, but they just weren`t my character as much as this one. Also, the nose looks better in a more idle or in less nose....flary? emotes.

edit: here`s a link to prove the nose point. Hopefully I`m not just seeing things http://imgur.com/a/k5wWF#0
    Last edited by mmoc0eaf46b245; 2014-09-30 at 09:01 PM.

While I have to admit the eyes are a bit off for all of the models. (I imagine there is some kind of animation complication preventing them from getting those done) The models as a whole look pretty nice. I can't say I mind the strange facial expressions that much. The dancing expression with the derp face might be a bit much, but otherwise fairly amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why my Draenei doesn't blink her eyes during idle -animation while being in-game or in character selection screen, but she does that during character creation.

The only/main thing bothering me is the new model's height, it's slightly smaller than the old model. I hope it's not final.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I like the old one better including the old under wear just wish the model was higher resolution.

Honestly I think Blizzard dropped the ball on the new models, they are easier on the eyes but all the faces are the same and they are too different in most cases from the original.

(HUGE FEM DRAENEI FAN BTW) All my low lv alts(45 Shaman, 20 priest )are fem draenei and I have a 90 fem draenei Hunter.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2014-10-01 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    I like the old one better including the old under wear just wish the model was higher resolution.
    I agree on both points and will stick to the old models.
    I just hope that someone finds a way to enable them for the other races or the entire revamp was a total bust as far as I'm concerned. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I agree on both points and will stick to the old models.
    I just hope that someone finds a way to enable them for the other races or the entire revamp was a total bust in my opinion.* ._.
    FTFY. Imo, most of the races are pretty damn well done. They're not "perfect", but considering this is the equivalent of doing 10 new races, i'm not surprised that's the case.

Just fix the noses. COME ON DAMMIT.

Quote Originally Posted by giovannileanza View Post
    The only/main thing bothering me is the new model's height, it's slightly smaller than the old model. I hope it's not final.
    Yeah, I was sad the draenei were made shorter, I liked being tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    FTFY. Imo, most of the races are pretty damn well done. They're not "perfect", but considering this is the equivalent of doing 10 new races, i'm not surprised that's the case.
    He meant that disabling the new models because of the female draenei would prevent him from seeing the rest of them, which he would like to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by giovannileanza View Post
    I believe the new model looks shorter because the old one used to stand with straight legs while the new model's legs are slightly more bend. So the model isn't actually shorter but its standing position is different.