Poll: Should the new female Draenei model be changed?

Deleted
    What about skin #7?

Us EU peons get to test the changes later...

10+ Year Old Account
    No difference as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    What about skin #7?

Us EU peons get to test the changes later...
    I really doubt that aside from what was changed in PTR was brought with new patch.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Too bad they haven't fixed glitch with ponytail hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Squickly View Post
    Too bad they haven't fixed glitch with ponytail hairstyle.
    because it's not a glitch. They wanted the hairstyles to be "different" from the other races (since it's a copy of blood elves) But complain about it enough with enough people backing it up and I'm sure they'll change their minds like they did with flying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilkraft View Post
    because it's not a glitch. They wanted the hairstyles to be "different" from the other races (since it's a copy of blood elves) But complain about it enough with enough people backing it up and I'm sure they'll change their minds like they did with flying.
    I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. It's one thing to make a hairstyle look different, it's another entirely to make it clip through itself and sag with such severity that it really looks as though the attachment angle is wrong.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. It's one thing to make a hairstyle look different, it's another entirely to make it clip through itself and sag with such severity that it really looks as though the attachment angle is wrong.
    Looks like the thin saggy ponytail you see a lot in anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was a ribbon, sure, but it's like a melted metal ornament.

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    If it was a ribbon, sure, but it's like a melted metal ornament.
    I agree they went about it wrong. i'm just saying i think that's what they were trying to go for.

It feels intentional to me, after all the Elaborate hairstyle that the Blood Elves got 'in return' got its looks touched aswell to be different from the original Draenei one, but the change was poor in quality I think as the tail is simply a pasted one from High Tail. Picture

Perhaps Blizzard just saw the New Models as a good opportunity to differentiate the hairstyles for them just like they did with their faces as the old ones were a work of copypaste.

(They did strangely nerf the Soaked hairstyle for BeF by removing the hairpin from it for the new model whilst DrF kept their version of it intact with the change.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilkraft View Post
    I agree they went about it wrong. i'm just saying i think that's what they were trying to go for.
    Even if that's the case (and I don't think it is, you can see it clipping through the head) they really need to cool it with changing existing character options because they want to make them "better". They tried to make female tauren faces more unique from each other and ended up just making two of them look like goats. They tried to make the female night elf "tomboy" hair look unique (due to laziness and repeating assets, if you ask me) and it just looks like a flirty pixie cut, not the utilitarian cut of old. They need to stick to their original goal of "the same but higher definition". That means NOT making a high and perky ponytail look like a floppy sad mess.

See how the band is clipping into the head? And the shape is all wrong if they wanted to truly make it a sleek, "anime style" ponytail. It just looks like the attachment point is set to the wrong angle, to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sylvira View Post
    It feels intentional to me, after all the Elaborate hairstyle that the Blood Elves got 'in return' got its looks touched aswell to be different from the original Draenei one, but the change was poor in quality I think as the tail is simply a pasted one from High Tail. Picture
    Yes, you'll notice both those hairstyles use the same "ponytail" asset. That's why the Draenei's is different in both. Because it's bugged in both :P

Sig by Isilrien

Heilkraft, I might said it wrong a bit, but what I meant when I said "ponytail hairstyle" is that her hair above forehead looks
    like it was hit with a frying pan. (i dont mind ponytail to be lifted up or down as it's now, but I mind this other visual issue)

See how it looked in 6.0 before "fix"

And this is how it looks now after model has been "fixed".

+ clipping glitches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Yes, you'll notice both those hairstyles use the same "ponytail" asset. That's why the Draenei's is different in both. Because it's bugged in both :P
    Yeah, I think what they did is copy paste the bone from the elegant tail into the high tail and it broke the shape cause of the way it's skinned. No clue how they thought it was fine to let it go live, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Squickly View Post
    Heilkraft, I might said it wrong a bit, but what I meant when I said "ponytail hairstyle" is that her hair above forehead looks
    like it was hit with a frying pan. (i dont mind ponytail to be lifted up or down as it's now, but I mind this other visual issue)

See how it looked in 6.0 before "fix"

And this is how it looks now after model has been "fixed".

+ clipping glitches
    Ohhh I see. Yeah I mistook what you said ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know to me they still look ugly.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think what they did is copy paste the bone from the elegant tail into the high tail and it broke the shape cause of the way it's skinned. No clue how they thought it was fine to let it go live, though.
    Let me remind everyone that night elf females don't have any eyelashes, and tauren females had male skins until 6.1. The fact that they let a broken hairstyle go live is positively minor in the grand scheme of character model bugs and mistakes that went live :P

Sig by Isilrien

At least this hairstyle is animated.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I can't believe that so many of the small but noticeable bugs are still there, I thought blizzard cared about details.

Also that a lot of people greatly disliked the post 6.1 textures, especially the very dark one, and yet they have done nothing to fix them, while NPCs still have the pre 6.1 textures, which look way better.

Deleted
    Worried bump. Is there anything changed in legion alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Worried bump. Is there anything changed in legion alpha?
    I'm afraid there isn't .