Question Anatomical references - need help!

Hello,

I am terrible at anatomical references so I need aid thank you please! It's so simple yet understanding it eludes me.

Here's the question: describe the position of the gall bladder, relative to the liver (IN A PIG).

Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought I had seen all kinds of possible threads in MMO-C OT, but this is a new one.....

Can't help you with what you want to know, but I got a question; why are you looking for this information?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lift the right central lobe of the liver and expose the gall bladder embedded within a depression in its dorsal surface.

google ftw

Since I'm not a vet I can't give you the exact answer, but how about using google and looking for the anatomy of pigs? From there it's like discribing the location of anything else as well, isn't it?

Why not just Google it?

Thanks for the help, but Google isn't yielding results that give the answers I'm looking for.. I need descriptions that include words like proximal, distal, medial, lateral, dorsal, ventral, anterior, posterior. I have all the words I just don't know how to put them into a sentence that makes sense

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Thanks for the help, but Google isn't yielding results that give the answers I'm looking for.. I need descriptions that include words like proximal, distal, medial, lateral, dorsal, ventral, anterior, posterior. I have all the words I just don't know how to put them into a sentence that makes sense
    Please tell me why?

I'm genuinely interested.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Urm .. do you know what these words mean? Write a definition in the language you understand and then switch phrases like "close to" with "proximal", "distal" with "remotely", etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proximal and distal, have to do with limbs, I'm fairly sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Urm .. do you know what these words mean? Write a definition in the language you understand and then switch phrases like "close to" with "proximal", "distal" with "remotely", etc.
    promixal and distal has to do with which end something is at or pointing in relation to something (usually the core body), usually in limbs or other structures like kidneys for example.

If you are talking about the distal end of the femur, its the one where your knee is, proximal is your hip.
    Humerus, your elbow is distal, shoulder is proximal.
    Radius and ulna (your forearm) elbow is proximal and your wrist is distal.

Dorsal and posterior, anterior and ventral essentially means the same though.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, OP, are you trying to make a fake medical certificate for your insurance fraud about an "accident" that happened to your pet pig?

That's honestly the only thing I can think of where you would need this information. Unless you are a medical student, but this is like the last place for asking help for your studies. I would also assume that a medical student knows how to use google or, even more surprisingly, read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    promixal and distal has to do with which end something is at or pointing in relation to something (usually the core body), usually in limbs or other structures like kidneys for example.

If you are talking about the distal end of the femur, its the one where your knee is, proximal is your hip.
    Humerus, your elbow is distal, shoulder is proximal.
    Radius and ulna (your forearm) elbow is proximal and your wrist is distal.

Dorsal and posterior, anterior and ventral essentially means the same though.
    I thought that's what I described? Hmm maybe my translating it back and forth between languages changed the meaning in english (or isn't used that way). Either way, if he knows what those words mean he should be able to use them accordingly without much of an issue, especially with your detailed explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I thought that's what I described? Hmm maybe my translating it back and forth between languages changed the meaning in english (or isn't used that way). Either way, if he knows what those words mean he should be able to use them accordingly without much of an issue, especially with your detailed explanation.
    You did, but proximal and distal get a bit iffy when you are in the torso. Generally if you have something close to something else youd say "3 cm superior/inferior/lateral/medial to a point of reference"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    So, OP, are you trying to make a fake medical certificate for your insurance fraud about an "accident" that happened to your pet pig?

That's honestly the only thing I can think of where you would need this information. Unless you are a medical student, but this is like the last place for asking help for your studies. I would also assume that a medical student knows how to use google or, even more surprisingly, read a book.
    Is probably a Vet student rather than a Med Student.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably the strangest thread I've ever seen here on MMO-C...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    This is probably the strangest thread I've ever seen here on MMO-C...
    I know you've been here quite a while, someone asking for others to solve their homework/test questions is hardly new, this time it's just biology instead of math/physics. If you want I can post some of my physics (well it's more thermodynamics) exercises to provide you with a more familiar setting .

I left it blank, it was only worth .5% anyway, come at me!

Right next to the squeedly spooch.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.