Thumbs down Talking about bad developing decisions.

Hello people,

I was just checking some posts and stumbled upon something Blizz is planning to do in WoD, is obviously old news but it took me by surprise today.

- Rare loot will be a One-Time-Only thing now?.

Got it, people have explained it to me and seems like its about quest-type mobs and rares will be the same as Pandaria with Vanity stuff.

- Garrisons will feed players with resources now?.

Got it too, Garrisons won't give that much resources and professions now require even more materials.

Thanks for the explanations, I over reacted to it.
    Last edited by Blakmane; 2014-07-21 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by linksunstrider View Post

- Garrisons will feed players with resources now.

So, basically there's no need to Farm nodes, there's no need to get out of the faction hub or own Garrison since players now what? will sit waiting and *ding.. Ohh look, I got the 10 stacks of ore I need while I was sitting here queueing. Way to go Blizzard. Why you waste time in developing gigantic sized maps, if Cata and MoP had a little lobby feeling, this is going to be the nail in the coffin that actually turned WoW into one.

I really hope these are not as drastic and awful as players on the forums (Blizz & MMO) are saying.
    Afaik Garrison will give small amounts of stuff, so if you want to spend 100 times the time to craft stuff, yeah, you can be self sufficient.

Deleted
    Garrisons giving resources is offset by the fact crafting professions now require more materials than previous. Alchemy for example uses a small amount of ore.

Deleted
    Hello people,

I was just checking some posts and stumbled upon something Blizz is planning to do in WoD, is obviously old news but it took me by surprise today.

- Rare loot will be a One-Time-Only thing now.

I mean, I can't describe how bad move that actually is, Rares had a point, competition. Having to track them multiple times made people wander around the world maps, is basic logic, remove that need and you have no reason to kill a Rare twice turning them into some kind of walking Timeless Isle Chests. This is just so bad for me.
    They've made it clear that rares you come across while leveling arent traditional rares. They're more like pseudo-quests as they give a fair bit of exp as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    They've made it clear that rares you come across while leveling arent traditional rares. They're more like pseudo-quests as they give a fair bit of exp as well.
    So they're basically quest NPCs? What about Rares like the ones we're used to? Will be One-Time too?

Deleted
    You can do better for your 48th post.

Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-07-21 at 01:18 PM.

There will be normal rares on top if the leveling ones, who behave just like the ones we have now.

They changed the leveling system a bit from "accept three quests, do three quests, turn in three quests, accept three quests" to "do the main questline, or just wander around and find cool stuff. The level rares are there to reward that behaviour (lots of xp for finding them).
    If they were just there for one person every few hours, that would not work. If they were there more often, they would be abusable.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

So they're basically quest NPCs? What about Rares like the ones we're used to? Will be One-Time too?
    Max level rares will be as they are now. You're also seriously overestimating the amount of automation the garrison has. Sitting around will not get you 10 stacks of ore.

For rare loot I suppose. I actually do like this decision. Too much emphasis on rare's right now imo.

Professions will be balanced around garrisons. They wouldn't undermine the money making aspect of professions. I imagine you'll be able to get basic materials through garrisons, in small quantities, but if you want more or rare materials you'll need to find someone who has that profession.

As for rares, I think they behave differently. Some rares are linked together, so if you kill one the rest turn into normal elites. It may be that they share a loot table, and by killing one you get a one-off drop. But there seem to be other, standard rares with individual loot.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both of these things are far from bad.
    1. Camping rares is boring as shit. They act just like Timeless Isle ones, meaning even if you see the skull on the map, they will probably be dead by the time you get there. WoD is about exploring, discovering. Not waiting around for shit to happen.

2. The only resources you get automatically so far is Garrison Materials. You get 1 every 10 minutes and they are only for constructing more buildings in your Garrison.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    1. Go play Elder Scrolls where you can multi-loot rares and the camp circle ruins the game. Its a bit different in WoW, but the protection is for the same reason. It is the smarter way to go for sure.

2. Resources from your base are just a small feed, not designed to replace the need to farm nodes outside in Draenor. You can use your base for ore, but don't be surprised when you haven't got enough to craft a spoon 1 year later.
    Not sure if this due to it being beta or not, but I got my mine open in my rogue's garrison (he is herbalism/alchemy). He was able to run through the mine and tap the nodes and was able to collect:

180 True Iron Ore
    15 Blackrock Ore
    12 Draenic Stone

• This seems kinda excessive, given that I have no mining skill, and took me all of 5 mins.
    • The Draenic Stone is unusual in that my 660 miner has never found it out in the world
    • It appeared as if I could run through the mine a few hours later as the nodes reappeared
    • It appears that the stone can be turned into the mine foreman for additional resources, beta has been laggy/crashy enough over the weekend that I have had a chance to do so.

Granted, the alchemy work-order does take 20 herb (forget the type) and 20 Blackrock Ore so I can kinda understand this, but still it does seem excessive.