Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    sylvanas could recruit
    nah that sounds just dumb... it's the human model so it should be human subrace.. if they would add different models to different races we would be playing everything in everything.. like high elves with human.. just no guys.. be realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    blood elves blue eyes for blood elves.

humans cultist for the forsaken

Like I said it's the human model.. make it subrace for humans... playing undead means playing with the model of undead..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    High Elves don't actually add anything if they are introduced as an eye colour option for Blood Elves. That would homogenise the two groups and do a disservice to both. The Belfs and Helfs are two distinct groups and the High Elves are part of the Alliance. So they should be an Alliance subrace. Simple as.
    No, the same can be said for High elves.. they dont add anything to the alliances, the only thing is that you play with a blood elf model at the alliance side. it's the same model with some differences.. just make it eye color option and deall with it. High elves are not humans they are elves.. or blood elves.

ps, People here tend to stretch out the subrace idea way to far. You dot to understand that wildhammer/brown orc etc are a variation on it's current model. Options like High elves on the alliance or broken.. they don't use the same model so It's more like a different race in case of broken for example.

Don't over stretch this idea and be realistic, I understand you get a high elf boner, but if you know the lore.. the whole high elf story for example is just plain retarded and they shouldn't even be at the blue side. Blood elves are High elves with a small political difference. The sunwell is restored and they would tap power from that source once again. BAM story solves eye color option for blood elves.

Don't come here with Northem and we have the silver convenant.. it's realy getting close to a headache.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2014-07-29 at 12:36 PM.

it's what you can do, it's exciting to go outside the stereotype of a race

it's boring when there is only one dimension to a group of people, the diversification in character and belief adds a richness to the world that makes it far more engaging, which is why i'm all for blizzard making sub-races or sub-ractions/racial factions however you call it, a proper thing and not just throwing in options on the orc skin colour slider.

i was mentionig in another topic i think how they could do more interesting things to highbourne for night elves. Even though they look like night elves, they could do things like.. give them a deeper more purple skin hue, give more variations of silver hair, silver with gold hue, silver with a blue hue, silver with a merald hue, don't give deep blue/green hair tones, give black hair colours, - also eyes, yeah silver eyes for males and females but how about some eyes having speckels of mauve in them? or eyes that look like the a night sky of teldrassil, a pink purple hue with speckle dots of silver for stars.. that would be really cool.

so there are other ways you can make them visually distinct, after all your providing more character customisation options through sub-races, but it goes beyond that, your also providing a different kind of elf or dwarf or troll or orc to the main race we've been playing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No, the same can be said for High elves.. they dont add anything to the alliances, the only thing is that you play with a blood elf model at the alliance side. it's the same model with some differences.. just make it eye color option and deall with it. High elves are not humans they are elves.. or blood elves.

ps, People here tend to stretch out the subrace idea way to far. You dot to understand that wildhammer/brown orc etc are a variation on it's current model. Options like High elves on the alliance or broken.. they don't use the same model so It's more like a different race in case of broken for example.

Don't over stretch this idea and be realistic, I understand you get a high elf boner, but if you know the lore.. the whole high elf story for example is just plain retarded and they shouldn't even be at the blue side. Blood elves are High elves with a small political difference. The sunwell is restored and they would tap power from that source once again. BAM story solves eye color option for blood elves.

Don't come here with Northem and we have the silver convenant.. it's realy getting close to a headache.
    The High Elves bring plenty to the Alliance - namely their lore. Including them on the Horde on the other hand involves homogenising them with the Blood Elves, and is a disservice to both groups. High Elves and Blood Elves are hardly a "small political difference" apart. They're on two separate factions. Bottom line is High Elves are already on the Alliance so to then give them to the Horde is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Screw sub races.. I WANNA BE, A FREAKIN' TUSKARR.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4zSnt5IySY

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    I know people won't agree on this, but I will post it again.

Alliance:
    Human - High Elf, Half-Elf (or Azotha)
    Dwarf - Dark Iron, Wildhammer
    Night Elf - Highborne (not a separate subrace, but have different followings), Cenarians (don't exist, but could be like Dryads and Keepers, elves with nature "things" on them)
    Gnome - Leper
    Draenei - Broken
    Worgen - N/A (maybe a night elf humanoid form or a more feral look)

Horde:
    Orc - Mag'har, Blacrock
    Undead - Elves, Skeleton (genderless, or could use an alternative for females)
    Tauren - Taunka, Grimtotem
    Troll - Forest
    Blood Elf - Wretched (kinda a longshot, but I could see them being referred to as "outcasts" by BE npcs)
    Goblin - Hobgoblin

Just ideas, they could easily change it around. Regarding class restrictions, if you pick that subrace, they could grey out the class. Example: Broken can't be priests or paladins and instead they can be warlock and rogues.
    This has been one of the better list I've seen, it's more grounded and not full of crazy crap. It's pretty perfect except I wouldn't like to see wretched (or expect them to be any use) I think maybe fel elves would be better but would be hard to create lore for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaazrak View Post
    Screw sub races.. I WANNA BE, A FREAKIN' TUSKARR.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4zSnt5IySY
    i'm pretty sure that's a new race... and not considered intelligent enough to be playable. the best you could hope for is a TUAKARR TRANSMOG POTION

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The High Elves bring plenty to the Alliance - namely their lore. Including them on the Horde on the other hand involves homogenising them with the Blood Elves, and is a disservice to both groups. High Elves and Blood Elves are hardly a "small political difference" apart. They're on two separate factions. Bottom line is High Elves are already on the Alliance so to then give them to the Horde is ridiculous.
    Which is Blood elf lore which is part of the horde this makes your whole argument invalid.

It is a small political difference there is not much to it, it's vereesa who is setting all high elves against the horde. check war crimes wowpedia.

The seperate faction thing is BS imo and should unite to get rid of this once and for all.

There is nothing left in terms of artstyle, lore, what ever to give to the alliance, it's part of Blood elf history which is the same damn race.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    People keep forgetting that some of these sub races are ingame lore wise but we just cant customize them.

Iron dwarves for example are the reason dwarves have mages and wildhammers are the reason for shamans.

Similarly night elves have mages due to highbournes returning to them.

As for high elves, they could only be a human sub race as it is quite clear that they are firmly allies with the dalaran humans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Which is Blood elf lore which is part of the horde this makes your whole argument invalid.

It is a small political difference there is not much to it, it's vereesa who is setting all high elves against the horde. check war crimes wowpedia.

The seperate faction thing is BS imo and should unite to get rid of this once and for all.

There is nothing left in terms of artstyle, lore, what ever to give to the alliance, it's part of Blood elf history which is the same damn race.
    Most of the Blood Elf and High Elf history is shared. But the fact is that they are a separate group now who hate each other in the majority of cases. The Silver Covenant can easily be developed as having it's own separate story from the Belfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the Blood Elf and High Elf history is shared. But the fact is that they are a separate group now who hate each other in the majority of cases. The Silver Covenant can easily be developed as having it's own separate story from the Belfs.
    I agree with Alanar.

The whole hatred of Blood Elves was built upon how they drain magic from questionable sources (Usually demonic stuff) to sate their hunger. Since Velen restored the Sunwell, there is no reason for this hatred to continue anymore. Everything else is fueled by Vereesa's personal vengeance. I wouldn't be surprised if High Elves started to question her sanity and decided to rejoin Blood Elves.

I mean, why should they fight their own kind? Why they can't return to their homeland? Just because Vereesa said so? She is no different than her sister used to be, she uses them as arrows in her quiver. However, Sylvanas at least created living space for her people and learned her lessons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I agree with Alanar.

The whole hatred of Blood Elves was built upon how they drain magic from questionable sources (Usually demonic stuff) to sate their hunger. Since Velen restored the Sunwell, there is no reason for this hatred to continue anymore. Everything else is fueled by Vereesa's personal vengeance. I wouldn't be surprised if High Elves started to question her sanity and decided to rejoin Blood Elves.

I mean, why should they fight their own kind? Why they can't return to their homeland? Just because Vereesa said so? She is no different than her sister used to be, she uses them as arrows in her quiver. However, Sylvanas at least created living space for her people and learned her lessons.
    Maybe the High Elves have developed some loyalty to the Alliance just as Vereesa has? Blizzard could write it such that the High Elves oust Vereesa and join the Blood Elves but that wouldn't be very interesting because it would basically be homogenising two distinct (despite what some people believe) groups. And then what are we left with? An eye colour option for Blood Elves? There's no reason to deny the Alliance a decent chunk of lore just because a couple of people are mad at the Alliance getting a so called Horde model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Maybe the High Elves have developed some loyalty to the Alliance just as Vereesa has?
    Except the fact that Vereesa and her Silver Covenant is the only active group of High Elves in the Alliance, and don't barely represent the whole of the surviving High Elves in the slighest, nor the rest of them share their zealot bias. The rest of the High Elves don't have a single reason to feel "loyalty" towards the Alliance, most of them are mainly neutral in the first place. Vereesa and her little squad of fanatics are just an exception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the High Elves have developed some loyalty to the Alliance just as Vereesa has? Blizzard could write it such that the High Elves oust Vereesa and join the Blood Elves but that wouldn't be very interesting because it would basically be homogenising two distinct (despite what some people believe) groups. And then what are we left with? An eye colour option for Blood Elves? There's no reason to deny the Alliance a decent chunk of lore just because a couple of people are mad at the Alliance getting a so called Horde model.
    I agree with you on this to some extent.

However, what is the Alliance tied High Elf Lore since the two groups separated? High Elves never had much lore outside Vereesa, really.

The homogenization is strong already, they are just as different to each other as green Orcs are different to Mag'har.

Would just be easier to add new skin tones and tattoos...could knock out a lot of subraces that way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Except the fact that Vereesa and her Silver Covenant is the only active group of High Elves in the Alliance, and don't barely represent the whole of the surviving High Elves in the slighest, nor the rest of them share their zealot bias. The rest of the High Elves don't have a single reason to feel "loyalty" towards the Alliance, most of them are mainly neutral in the first place. Vereesa and her little squad of fanatics are just an exception.
    Vereesa's little squad of fanatics are the majority of the High Elf race. Playable High Elves would obviously be Silver Covenant.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you on this to some extent.

However, what is the Alliance tied High Elf Lore since the two groups separated? High Elves never had much lore outside Vereesa, really.

The homogenization is strong already, they are just as different to each other as green Orcs are different to Mag'har.
    Orcs and Mag'har aren't at war though. Obviously High Elf lore is mostly tied to Blood Elves and Vereesa. But firstly we're only talking about a subrace here, and secondly even the main playable races often don't have much in the way of heroes. For example Velen was the only major Draenei before WoD. The High Elves could easily be fleshed out a lot more.

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally the cleansing of the Sunwell clearly did nothing to stop High Elves hating Belfs as the Silver Covenant was formed after the Sunwell was cleansed. So clearly there are still a lot of High Elves out there who hate the Blood Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs and Mag'har aren't at war though. Obviously High Elf lore is mostly tied to Blood Elves and Vereesa. But firstly we're only talking about a subrace here, and secondly even the main playable races often don't have much in the way of heroes. For example Velen was the only major Draenei before WoD. The High Elves could easily be fleshed out a lot more.
    Which is the general problem of stories in WoW.

My opinion is based on my perspective from an High Elf commoner's point of view. If my home was restored and my former comrades stopped doing bad things I would feel strong urge to return home. I would also question my leader if he ordered me to slaughter my own kind. Hell, I might even feel sorry for them. They had to endure terrible things just to raise again, even though they bring it on themselves.

I have nothing else to say. I don't want to turn this into "repeating" battle, where both sides repeat themselves forever.

Additionally the cleansing of the Sunwell clearly did nothing to stop High Elves hating Belfs as the Silver Covenant was formed after the Sunwell was cleansed. So clearly there are still a lot of High Elves out there who hate the Blood Elves.
    Not true, Silver Covenant was there before they released Icecrown 5 man dungeons. Sunwell was cleansed in Quel'delar quest chain.

Deleted
    Which is the general problem of stories in WoW.

My opinion is based on my perspective from an High Elf commoner's point of view. If my home was restored and my former comrades stopped doing bad things I would feel strong urge to return home. I would also question my leader if he ordered me to slaughter my own kind. Hell, I might even feel sorry for them. They had to endure terrible things just to raise again, even though they bring it on themselves.

I have nothing else to say. I don't want to turn this into "repeating" battle, where both sides repeat themselves forever.
    Fair enough. However I will say that for many High Elf commoners, they've made new homes in Stormwind and Theramore, and formed strong friendships with the people there. And years before that the High Elves were fighting Orcs right alongside the Humans. The temptation of their homeland might be great, but it's no wonder a lot of High Elves consider the Blood Elves traitors - both for their use of fel magic and for siding with the Horde. Headcanon's aside, the bulk of the High Elf race is a militant anti-Horde group.

I think it would be cool if they gave the subraces phased leveling zones. Taunka in dragonblight, mag'har in nagrand, broken in shadowmoon valley (or terokkar/auchindoun?) Forest trolls.... where are they from again? Dark Iron in burning steppes, wildhammer in hinterlands. If they were one of the "main features" of an expansion, I'd be okay with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Vereesa's little squad of fanatics are the majority of the High Elf race.
    No. They're just the only High Elves having the spotlight. They don't represent the whole of the High Elves in the slighest. The Silver Covenant is merely the only organized group of High Elves, while the rest of their kind is widely dispersed, divided and mostly neutral. Between Vanilla and now you can meet plenty of neutral High Elves around the world.

The most logical outcome is one: all the High Elves minus the Silver Covenant will rejoin Quel'thalas, sooner or later. Everything shown until now suggests this direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Javox View Post
    Humans: high elves, half elves. Half elves exist, there isn't a doubt about that, and since they're half human, they are the most logical human subrace.
    Do you realize how rare they are?

Dwarves: wildhammer, dark iron.
    Completely agree with this one.

Night elves: highborne? This is one that Blizzard would need to go a little farther with. We already can sort of make our characters look highborne-ish, so they might require a semi-different model.
    I don't see how that is a subrace outside of maybe title and lineage. Actually aren't all Night Elf Mages Highbourne?

Orcs: Mag'har, Mok'Nathal? The Mag'har orcs certainly make sense and I'd like to see them playable. As for the Mok'Nathal, they would work as well, but I think that they'd work better as a means to give us our "ogre" race. Ogres themselves are too big and stupid (at least the Azeroth ones), but the Mok'Nathal are more intelligent. Neither of these would start out in Durotar though.
    I don't think adding a subrace in place of an actual race is a good idea but to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.