Fury PVE/Arms PVP. Is Protection mandatory for serious raiding?

Hey guys, I have a warrior that I level casually every expansion for 5-mans/LFR or some pvp. I always felt like I had a responsibility to keep my off-spec PROT for the sake of utility. The problem I am facing now is that I am looking to step up my PVE to normal(mythic possibly) and also my PVP. I can no longer be dicking around with fury or prot for PVP/or Arms in PVE like I have in the past. Most likely I will have to settle for BEST pve dps spec and BEST PVP spec. They are likely not going to be the same specs. So my question is. How mandatory is having a prot offspec for those guilds/groups that look for dps warriors in their Mythic/Normal raids?

My other alternative is to have my shaman, for example, fill my serious PVE needs(healer, dps) and just have my warrior as a serious PVP/casual pve dps character. But if I could focus that would be best.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not mandatory at all. Unless your raid group asks you to be a tank, or to have a prot spec so you can replace one of the tanks if he/she doesn't show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    I actually roll with an Arms PvP & Fury PvE spec. Prot is good at the beginning of expansions so you can get quick JP/VP but this far into the expansion I really don't think you need it as an OS.

That's what I was thinking. I appreciate the answers guys. I will probably roll prot as I tend to do when leveling and to have some fun with gladiator stance then switch to the two specs that turn out best for both pvp/pve.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfetus View Post
    That's what I was thinking. I appreciate the answers guys. I will probably roll prot as I tend to do when leveling and to have some fun with gladiator stance then switch to the two specs that turn out best for both pvp/pve.
    That is what I am looking forward too as well! Speccing Gladiator for PvE damage and have a secondspecc Arms for PvP! Finally
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.