10+ Year Old Account

I just have a quick question about Book 3 (Fire), Episode 6 (The Avatar and the Firelord). This is the episode when Zuko and Aang explore Sozen and Roku's shared past, respectively.

So my question is, who gives Zuko the scroll telling him to learn of his great-grandfather's legacy?

My guesses are the fire sages, although previous episodes show that they are no longer really loyal to the avatar but rather the Firelord, therefore why would they do this? Secondly, it could be Iroh, but he's locked in a cage.

Also random other question, maybe I'm just looking for suggestions or fan-fic here but how did Iroh get the Crown Prince's headpiece thing?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Iroh was the crown prince.

It's implied Iroh gave him the scroll. How he got out of the cage or if he asked someone to do it, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Iroh was the crown prince.
    *doh* Of course, my bad haha.

But in the episode Iroh gives it to Zuko and says that it is a royal artifact, thereby implying that it is the original that Roku used, given to him by Sozen. Yet in the scene where Roku is woken by the volcano erupting he gets out of bed and you see the headpiece roll onto the ground and Roku leaves without it. Toph, earlier in the same episode explains that the village, and therefore Roku's house, are underground in ash. So how did Iroh come to hold the original headpiece?

Otherwise, thank you for your accurate and quick answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    *doh* Of course, my bad haha.

But in the episode Iroh gives it to Zuko and says that it is a royal artifact, thereby implying that it is the original that Roku used, given to him by Sozen. Yet in the scene where Roku is woken by the volcano erupting he gets out of bed and you see the headpiece roll onto the ground and Roku leaves without it. Toph, earlier in the same episode explains that the village, and therefore Roku's house, are underground in ash. So how did Iroh come to hold the original headpiece?

Otherwise, thank you for your accurate and quick answer!
    Either it's a different headpiece of the same design, or he went and dug it up at some point.

And I never realized Iroh was the crown prince until now, that's interesting. I think that was brought up in the episode where Iroh is coming back from war, and Ozai tries to convince their father he should forsake the birthright of his son (Iroh) in favor of Ozai (second son?). It'd make sense Iroh had his own crown prince headpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Either it's a different headpiece of the same design, or he went and dug it up at some point.

And I never realized Iroh was the crown prince until now, that's interesting. I think that was brought up in the episode where Iroh is coming back from war, and Ozai tries to convince their father he should forsake the birthright of his son (Iroh) in favor of Ozai (second son?). It'd make sense Iroh had his own crown prince headpiece.
    This is correct. Iroh was older than Ozai meaning Iroh was by all rights the next Firelord, but he changed after his son died in the war and I doubt if he would have even wanted the crown anyway. Ozai tried to convince their father to name him successor on the grounds that Iroh had become weak after his failures in the war and he no longer had any children to carry on the bloodline. Their father refused and this is where it gets confusing... He tells Ozai no and then allegedly orders him to kill his only son (Zuko) so that he would know the pain his brother felt, at least this is what Izula tells Zuko and she may have been lying.

In any case, it is implied that Zuko's mother may have killed the Firelord, convinced him to name Ozai successor, or both. The other theory is that she offered herself up as sacrifice in Zuko's place. Either way her current fate is unknown.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Either way her current fate is unknown.
    Her fate was revealed in the comic. The Search I believe it's called.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTvG4XpMTvw
    Last edited by Tragedia; 2014-07-22 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Added Video Link
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post

In any case, it is implied that Zuko's mother may have killed the Firelord, convinced him to name Ozai successor, or both. The other theory is that she offered herself up as sacrifice in Zuko's place. Either way her current fate is unknown.
    This is finally resolved in The Search, a three-part graphic novel where Zuko goes on a jouney with the Gaang to find Ursa. Major spoilers prevent me from going into detail (as well a a shocking possabiliybut in short, he finds her alive and well.

Relevant to this thread, though:

It's revealed in The Search Ursa came from a village that specialized in Alchemic Potions. When Ozai was ordered to kill Zuko, Ursa stepped in and used the skills she learned in her village to kill Azulon (Ozai and Iroh's father). Since Iroh renounced his claim to the throne Ozai became Fire Lord, Zuko's life was spared and Ursa was exiled from the Fire Nation capital.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    It's revealed in The Search Ursa came from a village that specialized in Alchemic Potions. When Ozai was ordered to kill Zuko, Ursa stepped in and used the skills she learned in her village to kill Azulon (Ozai and Iroh's father). Since Iroh renounced his claim to the throne Ozai became Fire Lord, Zuko's life was spared and Ursa was exiled from the Fire Nation capital.
    I could have sworn in the episode in question it was directly stated that just before dying Azulon named Ozai as his successor. However, it was also implied that Ozai might just have claimed that and it didn't really happen.

As for who delivered the scroll to Zuko I always assumed it was either the guard who was friendly to Iroh (the one he warned to leave before he broke out) or the one Fire Sage who was friendly and helped the Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Her fate was revealed in the comic. The Search I believe it's called.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTvG4XpMTvw
    So at the end of the comic she says she'll start from the beginning. Do we know this information somewhere already?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__