Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    By that logic, Imperial Vizier Zorlok wasn't exactly a complex encounter either. It had maybe 3-4 major mechanics and a lot of raid movement.

It, too, was a healer check.
    He was definitely harder and much more complex than Gruul, and this heroic version of Gruul is being nerfed to be even easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    He was definitely harder and much more complex than Gruul, and this heroic version of Gruul is being nerfed to be even easier.
    We have yet to see the Mythic version of Gruul, so you can compare what we've seen to normal Zor'lok. Which wasn't difficult at all once you had the proper raid CD rotation for Force & Verve. Yes, the mechanics look much less hectic due to not being confined to platforms, but if you had a decent raid Zor'lok was quite easy. Attentuation wasn't hard to dodge, MCs are well MCs, and Exhale just had to be blocked by a tank.

Both bosses got wrecked handily by experienced guilds on beta. Besides, we really only need to be concerned about the later fights in the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    World first was what 3 weeks after bc release?

Nihilum and d&t were pretty far ahead of everyone else in terms of progress back then aswell, Saying you wiped on winterchill would have been much more believable..
    Does it matter when exactly I killed it? Point is, I killed it early on in BC before it had any nerfs. That was what I was addressing to the person who claimed that the BC fight was apparently difficult.

Should've known though, this is MMO-C where people take everything you say literally.

I find it funny myself how people base boss difficulty on the the earliest of ptr tests.

10+ Year Old Account
    gruul was as far as I made it in TBC so look forward to seeing him quite a bit. it was really mind-blowing how a raid group could clear him one week and then have people shattering each other without giving it a second thought the next. boy did I want that cyclone war kilt... at least my last chance at the token went to a fellow enhancement shaman.

Has the warlock rotation always been that complex?

Deleted
    nice vid