Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Is it me or is this fight straight looks fucking boring?
    you also have absolutely no idea whats going on from this video
    Smitus! Of the guild <Smitus and Friends> on Sargeras, formally on Turalyon.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...ting.tier16_25
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mitus/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Why is that hard to believe? Plenty of people did it. I can't really provide proof, so believe what you want. Just saying that from the first month of TBC I killed Gruul regularly with a number of different guilds and it was never a challenge for any of them. The amount of wipes it took to learn Gruul was nothing compared to fights like Vashj and Kael'thas.
    World first was what 3 weeks after bc release?

Nihilum and d&t were pretty far ahead of everyone else in terms of progress back then aswell, Saying you wiped on winterchill would have been much more believable..

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Is it me or is this fight straight looks fucking boring?
    Intro raid content is intro raid content. They can't make it as difficult or complex as anything in SoO because they plan on tons of new 90s using the boost feature leveling up through Draenor and this will literally be one of the first bosses they run up against when they hit 100. Plus, this is the fight on Heroic (today's Normal) difficulty. It's aimed at more casual guilds who want a slight step-up from Normal (today's Flex) difficulty. Think how much trouble you had killing Immerseus or Stone Guard.

Plus, you're going to be going in there with heroic dungeon gear if you're a hardcore raid. They have to make it somewhat easy on you, they need a point where they can say "OK this is the first boss of the instance, we can ramp up from this."

What the fuck is wrong with the incinerate animation? Please don't tell me it's intended to be like that

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Intro raid content is intro raid content. They can't make it as difficult or complex as anything in SoO because they plan on tons of new 90s using the boost feature leveling up through Draenor and this will literally be one of the first bosses they run up against when they hit 100. Plus, this is the fight on Heroic (today's Normal) difficulty. It's aimed at more casual guilds who want a slight step-up from Normal (today's Flex) difficulty. Think how much trouble you had killing Immerseus or Stone Guard.

Plus, you're going to be going in there with heroic dungeon gear if you're a hardcore raid. They have to make it somewhat easy on you, they need a point where they can say "OK this is the first boss of the instance, we can ramp up from this."
    Gruul is the first boss of Blackrock Foundry, not the entire tier. BRF is half a tier higher than Highmaul and is being unlocked a few weeks later.

That being said, there is a little more going on in this fight than meets the eye, but it's not a particularly robust encounter. It's a healer check, but they've said they're nerfing the damage he does.
    Last edited by Pennoyer; 2014-07-24 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    Gruul is the first boss of Blackrock Foundry, not the entire tier. BRF is half a tier higher than Highmaul and is being unlocked a few weeks later.

That being said, there is a little more going on in this fight than meets the eye, but it's not a particularly robust encounter. It's a healer check, but they've said they're nerfing the damage he does.
    By that logic, Imperial Vizier Zorlok wasn't exactly a complex encounter either. It had maybe 3-4 major mechanics and a lot of raid movement.

It, too, was a healer check.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    By that logic, Imperial Vizier Zorlok wasn't exactly a complex encounter either. It had maybe 3-4 major mechanics and a lot of raid movement.

It, too, was a healer check.
    He was definitely harder and much more complex than Gruul, and this heroic version of Gruul is being nerfed to be even easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    He was definitely harder and much more complex than Gruul, and this heroic version of Gruul is being nerfed to be even easier.
    We have yet to see the Mythic version of Gruul, so you can compare what we've seen to normal Zor'lok. Which wasn't difficult at all once you had the proper raid CD rotation for Force & Verve. Yes, the mechanics look much less hectic due to not being confined to platforms, but if you had a decent raid Zor'lok was quite easy. Attentuation wasn't hard to dodge, MCs are well MCs, and Exhale just had to be blocked by a tank.

Both bosses got wrecked handily by experienced guilds on beta. Besides, we really only need to be concerned about the later fights in the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    World first was what 3 weeks after bc release?

Nihilum and d&t were pretty far ahead of everyone else in terms of progress back then aswell, Saying you wiped on winterchill would have been much more believable..
    Does it matter when exactly I killed it? Point is, I killed it early on in BC before it had any nerfs. That was what I was addressing to the person who claimed that the BC fight was apparently difficult.

Should've known though, this is MMO-C where people take everything you say literally.

I find it funny myself how people base boss difficulty on the the earliest of ptr tests.

gruul was as far as I made it in TBC so look forward to seeing him quite a bit. it was really mind-blowing how a raid group could clear him one week and then have people shattering each other without giving it a second thought the next. boy did I want that cyclone war kilt... at least my last chance at the token went to a fellow enhancement shaman.
    <--all 90 now.

Has the warlock rotation always been that complex?