Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So not only a 3 card combo, but also the provision that you can start second as well. That's not a very reliable way to build a deck. Even if you have the cards you'll generally only have 50% chance to pull it off on turn 3. In which case you had the luck to draw all 3 cards you needed AND had the luck to go second, while *I* only need enough luck to draw my Ironbeak Owl before turn 3.

The other 50% of the time you'll only get the combo on turn 4, in which case you give me the opportunity to also draw into my Spellbreaker before then.

How many people do you see run this specific Inner Fire combo in current HS? Answer: you see very little of them cause it's a gimmick that is not consistent and easily counterable. Not enough will change in Naxx to make it any more viable then.
    Ran into a Priest earlier today that did that with a Lightwell. He got two swings to my face cause I never drew my silence though I did have a Wild Pyro+Equality. Kept expecting a Holy Fire to the face the rest of the game but it never happened.

Ended up killing him with 25 health to spare, wounded Yeti, a couple of SHR and a Tirion that he never drew MC or his second SWD to counter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Ran into a Priest earlier today that did that with a Lightwell. He got two swings to my face cause I never drew my silence though I did have a Wild Pyro+Equality. Kept expecting a Holy Fire to the face the rest of the game but it never happened.

Ended up killing him with 25 health to spare, wounded Yeti, a couple of SHR and a Tirion that he never drew MC or his second SWD to counter.
    Oh people run it allright. First few weeks of HS Beta pretty much everyone that had the cards for it tried this combo. xD

It's just not consistent enough though, you don't draw into the cards you need fast enough to make it happen. Basically the same combo as advertised there can be done with a 1/7 Mogu + Combo right now. Yet it's not a widespread popular deck that has succes on the ladder. There's a reason for that.

Biggest stumbeling block for this combo is the fact you have to wait till your minion can attack before playing attack combo. I think the most succesful variant of this deck runs this guy, cause he combines high health with charge, and still only costs 4 mana.

The Stormpike combo works cause it's invisible and doesn't get telegraphed. Anything else is generally seen coming a mile off and gets silenced or at least the target minion brought down in health enough to render the combo ineffective.

I think the reason why this guy will work so well is because he's so easy to combo with his base stats. Even silenced he's pretty tough.
    Is this where the header goes?

Priests can take him out over two turns... Auchenai Circle, and then run the auchenai into it.. or if your opponent kills auchenai, holy nova does the job after the circle.

Also... Priests very well may start running a Mass Dispel which will negate the Spectrals effect i assume, therefore making him alot easier to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Priests can take him out over two turns... Auchenai Circle, and then run the auchenai into it.. or if your opponent kills auchenai, holy nova does the job after the circle.

Also... Priests very well may start running a Mass Dispel which will negate the Spectrals effect i assume, therefore making him alot easier to deal with
    You're gonna play 3+ cards to remove a 5 mana 4/6? Such value!

Don't see how mass dispel changes anything either. You're gonna mass dispell, then, what, holy fire, and then smite? That sounds insane.

Personally, I'd just run minions into him.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    This is absolutely no different to a priest trying to buff up a Lightwell/Lightspawn.

There's a reason no-one goes for those combos any more.
    Except for the fact that 3 cost 2/8 is MUCH better than 5 cost Lightwell/spawn if silenced. It's also not a card you want to silence since its deathrattle is so amazing for you. Now if they play turn 4 Deathlord + Inner Fire, they're a moron since that just gets silenced (or worse, BGH'd). Priest still has a silly Auchenai Soulpriest play with Zombie Chow and they have MAJOR boardclear with some of the best minion removal in the game.

Their problem was always their situational hero power (which is helped by the higher health values of these minions) and a lack of good minions (Temple Enforcer and Cabal are both good, but Lightwell/spawn are awful and Clerics are difficult to use properly at times).

I feel like a deck running Silence x2, Mass Dispell x2, Ancient Watcher x2, that self aoe silence card x2, their new card x2, a Deathlord and a Loatheb on top of the good of priests (Clerics, Temple Enforcers, Cabals, Shadow Words, Holy Novas, Auchenai/CoH, Holy Fires, Smites, Mind Blasts, MCs) could be really strong.