Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    What fights? What do logs tell you? O.o
    Just /combatlog when you enter the instance, and again when you leave.

Logs tell you everything; how you did your opener, how you're using cooldowns, when your trinkets proc (and their respective uptimes), debuff uptimes and so much more. With advanced combat logging you can even see where you were standing when certain things happened.

spell usage and amount, uptime, use of procs things of that sort

Just make sure you Chaos Bolt with Trinket procs. I use TellMeWhen to track the procs. I made the mistake of not doing this early on and having poor dps to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Odigo View Post
    Just make sure you Chaos Bolt with Trinket procs. I use TellMeWhen to track the procs. I made the mistake of not doing this early on and having poor dps to show for it.
    Thats probably EXACTLY what Im not doing, but can that really make the difference betwene me doing 60-80k vs. 120k+?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Thats probably EXACTLY what Im not doing, but can that really make the difference betwene me doing 60-80k vs. 120k+?
    Can you link your armory? I'll run it through simcraft to see what you should be doing dps wise, a lot of people on here likely remember their heroic geared T14 toons with tier sets, sha gems, and good itemization so I feel it'd make it a lot easier if you linked armory.

Also you should definitely be using c bolt with procs that is the defining area of destro the ability to put out MASSIVE dmg in those few burst areas and can easily be a huge difference, even heroic geared warlocks will see their dps rise and fall nearly 100k just from bad procs.

I still think logs would allow the people here to best assist you, although now that I think of it, this post belongs in the 'fix my dps' thread chances are it'll be moved there soon so don't panic if you can't find it when you come back

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Can you link your armory? I'll run it through simcraft to see what you should be doing dps wise, a lot of people on here likely remember their heroic geared T14 toons with tier sets, sha gems, and good itemization so I feel it'd make it a lot easier if you linked armory.

Also you should definitely be using c bolt with procs that is the defining area of destro the ability to put out MASSIVE dmg in those few burst areas and can easily be a huge difference, even heroic geared warlocks will see their dps rise and fall nearly 100k just from bad procs.

I still think logs would allow the people here to best assist you, although now that I think of it, this post belongs in the 'fix my dps' thread chances are it'll be moved there soon so don't panic if you can't find it when you come back
    2 sides to this. Recollection from that tier, as I said in an earlier post, is based off different spec builds (I personally ran as affliction during that time) additionally, along with proper itemization what buffs, food or flask are you using, for anything other than end game heroic bosses I just use crystal of insanity. On the other hand, with the current state of destro challenge more dungeons ignore legendary items and set bonuses and locks can still pull decent numbers at 463.

In order to get a better idea post logs so those interested can try and help.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanattos View Post
    2 sides to this. Recollection from that tier, as I said in an earlier post, is based off different spec builds (I personally ran as affliction during that time) additionally, along with proper itemization what buffs, food or flask are you using, for anything other than end game heroic bosses I just use crystal of insanity. On the other hand, with the current state of destro challenge more dungeons ignore legendary items and set bonuses and locks can still pull decent numbers at 463.

In order to get a better idea post logs so those interested can try and help.
    C modes are also somewhat skewed between massive pulls and the ability to have 20+ sockets with good itemization. I also ran affliction at the time and demo somewhat later in the tier till it received it's big nerf.

@duryante: I completely agree that challenge modes are not the best representation of that ilvl due to pulls and itemization.

With that being said an single target boss fight in cm gear compared to gear 30+ilvls higher with possible set bonuses can be at least considered comparable. Not a definitive guide. Additionally, I was curious so I leveled another lock up and at ilvl 492 I was able sustain 100k for a few minutes. (Green quality gems and cata level chants, tailoring engineering professions, gnome).