Thread: Incoming nerf?

Incoming nerf?

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/363-eaglehorn-bow

looks like eaglehorn is getting a nerf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, apparently with the push to increase secret popularity they decided that Eaglehorn working on all secrets was a bit too much. Unfortunate cause Hunters didn't really need a nerf and Secret Hunter was one of their good builds.

Never know what the meta will throw at us though, so who knows what will be the strong Hunter decks in a few weeks.

Seems reasonably, it sometimes snowballs way to hard when facing hunter or mages.

Seems fair enough. Might actually see Paladins that run secrets again other than just minions/buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sweet, I have four copies of Eaglehorn plus one golden, I'm going to be rolling in the dust.

If Blizzard could nerf Crazed Alchemist and Coldlight Seer next, that would be great.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    That seems perfectly fair. In most matchups it doesn't matter anyway. Even took me a second to see what the issue was.

Deleted
    Now if they could do something about the million zoo locks in the ladder. Problem is there is no good way to fix em

Deleted
    Where is the nerf to shadowstep !?!?!?!??!!? Most retarded card in the game.

would call this more of a bug fix they a real nerf

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    would call this more of a bug fix they a real nerf
    Nah, plenty of cards have effects that trigger off both sides of the board (murloc buffs, Cleric draw, Secret Keeper etc).This ks a straight-up nerf.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    I don't quite get why this was a problem. Like Nikkas said, there are plenty of effects that trigger from both sides, which is part of why those cards are fun and interesting. The bow was in no way unbalanced. Seems like a misplaced nerf that could have been used to fix a real problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Now if they could do something about the million zoo locks in the ladder. Problem is there is no good way to fix em

The only case this affects is the mirror match and against Mages. And lets face it, it would be a nerf to both in the mirror match so no real harm. Next I doubt you'll use all that durability against a Mage anyway. This doesn't really do much to actually hurt Hunters. But it may help Paladins feel less bad about playing things like Noble Sacrifice. If you think this actually affects your viability as a hunter on the ladder, you really don't have room to complain.

As for me, this is 1000 dust in my pocket

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Nah, plenty of cards have effects that trigger off both sides of the board (murloc buffs, Cleric draw, Secret Keeper etc).This ks a straight-up nerf.
    And, generally speaking, which of those cards actually see play past rank 20? Cleric is the only thing that comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post

Stop acting like Unstable Ghoul is a Zoo counter. It trades with 1 3/2 and makes a bunch of 3/1s and 2/2s for the zoo, since they run next to no 2/1s that you play turn 1 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Stop acting like Unstable Ghoul is a Zoo counter. It trades with 1 3/2 and makes a bunch of 3/1s and 2/2s for the zoo, since they run next to no 2/1s that you play turn 1 anymore.
    Which puts a lot of those minions in range for general board clears such as Arcane Explosion, Consecrate and Holy Nova. Or, Wild Pyro+random spell (or two) = oh look, half/all their board just died.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Which puts a lot of those minions in range for general board clears such as Arcane Explosion, Consecrate and Holy Nova. Or, Wild Pyro+random spell (or two) = oh look, half/all their board just died.
    That's a lot to bank on for a board clear that is easy enough to make with cards like Holy Nova, Soulpriest CoH, Thalnos Whirlwind, Swipe, Starfall, Consecrate, Blizzard, Flamestrike, Lightning Storm, Thalnos FoK, Blade Flurry, Hellfire and Shadowflame.

Why not run Abom then if you're talking about a 2 turn, 3+ mana cost AoE combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    That's a lot to bank on for a board clear that is easy enough to make with cards like Holy Nova, Soulpriest CoH, Thalnos Whirlwind, Swipe, Starfall, Consecrate, Blizzard, Flamestrike, Lightning Storm, Thalnos FoK, Blade Flurry, Hellfire and Shadowflame.

Why not run Abom then if you're talking about a 2 turn, 3+ mana cost AoE combo?
    Its cost mostly. At least with this 2 mana minion it stops at least one thing and potentially kills any Abusives/Young Priestess/other 1 HP minions from their early game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Seems fair enough. Might actually see Paladins that run secrets again other than just minions/buffs.
    I don't run secrets for a lot of reasons, to not buff hunter weapons is not one of them.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle