Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you do when WoW is down?

I'm sure you've all been there, you want to play WoW yet can't because it's down/not available to you at the moment. What do you do to occupy yourself/feed the addiction?

---
    I'm sure there are threads like this, but let's get a current one going.

---
    Posted in general discussion, couldn't decide between general discussion and off-topic. a mod should feel free to move if they see fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read random posts on mmochampion when wow is down/ i'm bored :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuff! Lots of stuff!

Cleaning, cooking, reading, nerding, slacking in the garden with a beer, sometimes work and other times just more slack.

Readon MMO-champion too, browse the shit out of YouTube... Post on Facebook *cringe*

Then I look at how long till going live again, sighing as I seem to always do my tasks fast.. stuck in the end with a book/TV
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Exercise, or read. Or just boot up another game ._.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-07-23 at 12:54 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Hearthstone, Diablo3 (2 hours a week so very little) , Farmville2 and finished Heavy Rain and now starting LA Noire.

Yes, I have lots of time as my Bank works for me I just have to put signatures underneath the papers every few months. They even come to our home. Only a few select stocks I follow myself (ATVI and EA of course).

Oh and I try to ride my bike every day (around 2 hours) if weather permits it.

Boardgames: on a schedule to play 1 boardgame per month. This month DDay dice, one/two sessions per week.

I hate gardening and cleaning btw. So I let others do it.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-07-22 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go on with my life. WoW is such a small part of my life that not being able to play for 8 or 12 hours (during a time in which I'm usually asleep anyway) has little to no effect on me. I watch TV, work out, read the news, listen to music, etc. You know, normal people stuff.

spend $150 on ArcheAge.
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

15+ Year Old Account
    doesn't matter to me, I has to work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Normally I'm at work.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

If the server is going back up at 1 o clock for example I don't plan so I can play at that hour because it's sometimes delayed. I just do something else and play later instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Cry uncontrollably in fetus position.

I don't play WoW anymore so I do whatever I do!

Deleted
    do something else
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-07-22 at 11:24 AM.

I'm usually at work...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sleep.

If that doesn't last long enough, then I slowly go insane by pretending to do something else while refreshing the server status page.

I am, of course, kidding... mostly. In all seriousness, I use the time to write or work on one of my art projects, which I do anyway even when the servers are up. I just don't stop to play.

Deleted
    I'm usually at work. But should I be on holiday and the server is down, I do not worry. I sit back, sip on a refreshing drink and stuff my pipe with some finely scented tobacco. Put my feet up and watch something. Sometimes I may even venture out into the real world, sit in a pub somewhere and chat to random strangers.

Deleted
    Fetal position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    spend $150 on ArcheAge.
    My alpha pass expired. IS the 150 bucks worth it, mate? Pondering currently.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i come to mmo champion and answer every post about Maintenance on a tuesday