I have a few ideas for factions changes and new factions that would be fun too see in the World of Warcraft lore, but would be unreasonable to implement in the game with the mechanics Blizzard has. So, these ideas are entirely theoretical and would call for a sequel game, not just an expansion, in order to be realized.

Four new factions:

Fel Horde: Orcs, Felblood Elves, Eredar. Exclusive class: Warlock

New Alliance: Humans, High Elves, Dwarves. Exclusive class: Paladin

Cenerian Guardians: Trolls, Night Elves, Tauren. Exclusive class: Druid

Forsaken Undead: Undead versions of any of the races listed above. Exclusive class: Deathknight (not a hero class)

The Fel Horde is a more corrupt remnant of the old Horde. They are NOT in thrall to the Burning Legion, but employ many of the same techniques to stay in power. They enslave demons and use them as fel power sources. Draenei of the old Alliance were all but wiped out, the survivors turning to fel magics in order to stay alive and thus became the Eredar. The Blood Elves split into two races: the reformed High Elves and the addicted Felblood Elves. The Orcs once again find strength in the blood of demons and use this to prevail in battle. The three races shared a common bond in their manipulation of Fel energies and became natural allies. The Fel Horde is not necessarily an evil alliance. They’ve just turned towards darker methods of survival in a hostile world. They do not worship or make alliances with demons, and only use them as slaves and fel energy power sources.

The New Alliance is a purified remnant of the old Alliance. The High Elves restored their former glory and their old alliance with Humans and Dwarves. The Alliance has outlawed any form of necromancy or manipulation of fel energies and has fully embraced The Holy Light as its communal religion. The goal of the New Alliance is to destroy all remnants of Demons and Undead in the world and establish a new world order with the more “savage” races performing a subservient role in society.

The Cenerian Guardians are a more organized and militant Cenerian Circle. The Tauren and Trolls left the old Horde as its corruption grew and joined with the then independent Night Elves who had already forsaken the old Alliance to fully support the Cenerian Circle. The Cenerian Guardians strive to protect the natural world and uphold the balance. They abhor Demons and the Undead as much as the New Alliance does, but they do not agree with their other ideals.

The Forsaken Undead were the first group to splinter off of the old Horde do to their mistrust of the old Horde’s increasingly common demonic activity. They are still lead by Lady Sylvanas Windrunner. The members of the Forsaken are all former members of the other factions who have died in battle and are raised up by The Dark Lady. Like the Fel Horde, members of the Forsaken are not necessarily evil, but use dark means in order to survive. Unlike the Fel Horde, they now completely distrust Fel magics and outlaw them as the New Alliance and Cenerian Guardians do.

Other races: The Pandaran have been wiped out. Goblins returned to their roles as neutral traders and mercenaries amongst all factions. Gnomes have been dying out slowly, but still exist as a small neutral faction that favors the New Alliance. The Gilnean Worgen have been destroyed by the Forsaken, although they left the legacy of the Worgen Curse (with sanity intact) which can affect any of the living races (Including the PC).

In addition to the faction exclusive classes, any race can choose any of the classes: Warrior, Rogue, Priest, Mage, and Shaman. The hunter class has been condensed into the Rogue class which now has a ranged dps spec, a melee dps spec, and a survival spec. All classes get pets which also serve as mounts at higher levels. Each class would be reworked in its own ways, but they would still serve the classic roles they were originally assigned.

Things that I would do away with:

Pet battles; I love Pokemon, but not in WoW.

Professions; The best items should be quested for, not crafted. You’re an adventurer, and realistically, an adventurer wouldn’t have the time to learn and practice a trade. You could still perform profession based quests in which you build reputation for a trade guild and bring them supplies so they’ll craft you items.

Ridiculous/cartoony animations and graphics on humanoids and weapons/armor. No one could wear pauldrons that big. Makes no sense.

Universal body types among same race individuals: That’s right. Customize the face AND the body. Orcs can be fat/skinny/tall/short, not just gorilla shaped hulks.

Grinding/Dumb “Kill X of this monster” quests: Quests will be more focused on accomplishing a single direct goal which may or may not require you to kill a bunch of mobs, but would NEVER require you to collect a bunch of hooves or kill x amount of boars.

Less Gear dependency. Duh.

No more exponential power differences between levels.

Less levels/ no more raising level caps. After reaching max level, any expansions (which would be free patch updates) should just add more content that customizes your character such as gear and pets. It would be nice if the game were more skill based and less “I put X hours in, so my character is a higher level and I beat you because of it” based. Another cool feature would be a greater amount of high level leveling zones and different endgame content. Like, how about instead of doing Outland then Northrend then Pandara, I can do Outland OR Northrend OR Pandara to reach max level. Then I can do the other continents for the gear/pets/achievements/etc.

I think the secret to having a truly set level cap would be to have endgame content that continues to entertain the player. How about a more dynamic pvp environment where the PCs can actually affect the game world with their actions?

Whadafolks think of all this?