Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Because Horde is 80% Bloodelves. Gets boring to do some PvP and always see Bloodelves.

    Also if Alliance had 80% Gnomes, you'd hate them aswell.
    wud be so cool if the troll female looked like your avatr, she's pretty

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    Because back them the Horde was the more mature faction. Kids would rather play cool Night Elves than ugly trolls. That all changed when "cool looking" elves were playable on Horde side and the concentration of 13 year olds in the Horde rose tenfold.
    That's not true at all. The Horde has never been the more mature faction - and neither has the Alliance. Both factions are and always have been a mixed bag.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by manybadgers View Post
    Anyway, also because:

    and their leader almost went ally this last expansion so yeah.
    that was just a tease, they were never actually going to join the alliance,


    but.. blizzard may yet surprise us, they may turn round one day and just remove faction restrictions for players... the only reason we get this nonsense of night elves i alliance, blood elves on horde, or forsaken on horde.. i mean,the whole idea that the entire race actually NEEDS to join the faction all the time, why can't it be like the darkspear trolls?

    it's this way cos they love the faction thing..that's the warcraft thing..but hey, why 2, and not 4? like we had in WC 3? that was so much cooler.

    no, blood elves despite that they've been written into the horde , still don't really feel like it to me, , they still feel more alliance than horde, and they'd be even better in a distinct faction of their own.

    that would be so cool, the horde roally screwing the blood elves yet again, and they launch their own faction..aterall, the forsaken have for a long time resented the horde, in particular the Orcish leadership, they'd jump at a serious opportunity, and well, the blood elves have been really pathetic , they've never been like super uber, not like the Night elves have been, or the Humans, or the Orcs or even the Draenei, they've alway s been support.

    i'd lve to see the blood elves breakaway from the horde for a return to a four faction system, and the night elves return back to their neutral stance away from the alliance, and let them have support races rather han be the support.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    that was just a tease, they were never actually going to join the alliance,


    but.. blizzard may yet surprise us, they may turn round one day and just remove faction restrictions for players... the only reason we get this nonsense of night elves i alliance, blood elves on horde, or forsaken on horde.. i mean,the whole idea that the entire race actually NEEDS to join the faction all the time, why can't it be like the darkspear trolls?

    it's this way cos they love the faction thing..that's the warcraft thing..but hey, why 2, and not 4? like we had in WC 3? that was so much cooler.

    no, blood elves despite that they've been written into the horde , still don't really feel like it to me, , they still feel more alliance than horde, and they'd be even better in a distinct faction of their own.

    that would be so cool, the horde roally screwing the blood elves yet again, and they launch their own faction..aterall, the forsaken have for a long time resented the horde, in particular the Orcish leadership, they'd jump at a serious opportunity, and well, the blood elves have been really pathetic , they've never been like super uber, not like the Night elves have been, or the Humans, or the Orcs or even the Draenei, they've alway s been support.

    i'd lve to see the blood elves breakaway from the horde for a return to a four faction system, and the night elves return back to their neutral stance away from the alliance, and let them have support races rather han be the support.
    You know you keep bringing up this four faction nonsense.

    May I point out that THIS IS AN MMO and four factions dividing people would have been completely mad. THREE is about the absolute maximum you can sustain, and that generates an entirely different game as seen in TESO and DAoC.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk357 View Post
    You know you keep bringing up this four faction nonsense.

    May I point out that THIS IS AN MMO and four factions dividing people would have been completely mad. THREE is about the absolute maximum you can sustain, and that generates an entirely different game as seen in TESO and DAoC.
    you can do whatever you want and where there is a will, there is a way.

    4 is a multiple of 2, 4 factions can operate as 2 factions through alliances for certain game systems that need it, and in others operate as 4, it's quite doable

    WC3 had 4 factions, it's no strange concept to warcraft in the lore either.

  6. #126
    I never knew anyone had this issue, let alone "so many" people. *shrug*

    A little late in to the game to be salty about it now.

  7. #127
    Because nearly every fantasy universe has elves on the side of good. Blood elves go to the opposite faction in WoW even though they fit every other Elf stereotype and people can't accept different. (Which is why every xpac there are so many threads about high elves on alliance).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    People will always find a way to complain. Even if there's nothing to complain about, they'll make something up and complain.

    "Elves don't fit in with the horde theme"

    -Because of their looks? The horde is a group of outcasts that banded together to survive regardless of their differences. While VISUALLY blood elves don't fit as much, by that logic neither do undead. Orcs, tauren and trolls are all rather primal and savage, undead are not. Neither are blood elves, yet they're all part of the horde due to circumstance, so it doesn't really matter.

    "They're too pretty and look dumb"

    -Thanks for being twelve.

    "Too many people play them"

    -This isn't nearly as big of an issue as the alliance has with races. Nearly everyone is either human or night elf on alliance, with the occasional female draenei. I really don't remember the last time I saw a gnome...anywhere. Honestly, it almost feels like they don't exist anymore. Dwarves I see sometimes, but it's still pretty rare and even then, they're usually people who have been dwarves since vanilla. Male Draenei? LOL (although they might have a surge in popularity due to the new models).

    I see every race/gender on horde, and I see them all constantly. On alliance, I see male/female humans, and female night elves almost exclusively. I don't really see belfs being overpopulated tbh.
    The problem with "too many play them" is: with so many of them you'll find someone who fits the stereotype and then people extrapolate that out to everyone who plays the race. Specifically: if you see someone plays a male blood elf death knight named sephiroth and thinks he can tank as a frost dk, people then assume all blood elves are 12 yr old kids even though there is nothing to support that.

    Its somewhat similar to seeing the occasional thread about "why does everyone have ashes except me?" The things that are different stand out and you naturally notice them. So you perceive they are far more common than they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

  8. #128
    Brewmaster g01851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southern California USA
    Posts
    1,366
    I think it's more about a very vocal minority rather than 'so many people'.
    Zilog Z-80A, 1.77 MHz - 4k RAM – Cassette Storage
    12” Monochrome 64x16 text – OS: BASIC

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    you can do whatever you want and where there is a will, there is a way.

    4 is a multiple of 2, 4 factions can operate as 2 factions through alliances for certain game systems that need it, and in others operate as 4, it's quite doable

    WC3 had 4 factions, it's no strange concept to warcraft in the lore either.
    Yeah but you keep suggesting unrealistic scenarios because they better fit your pre-conceptions. It's like a four year old donning a Superman cape declaring he'll stop crime as a superhero. That is the level of seriousness with which to treat your 'solutions'.

    Rule of thumb. Blizzard will never introduce Humans to the Horde, or Blood Elves to the Alliance because to do so almost invalidates the point of having factions. The faction wall will be removed first before they do something like that, keeping the Alliance and Horde around as hollowed out jokes.

    ROCK SOLID RULE. Blizzard will never sub-divide existing factions. That is common sense.

    Your 'solutions' are out there. They aren't rooted in gameplay. They aren't even rooted in current lore. They are rooted only in how you wish a franchise you don't own to be. This franchise will never be that again. The four faction system worked in an RTS. It is beyond nonsensical for you to think it could work in an MMO TEN YEARS after that MMO launched with a two faction system, a two faction system that now has ten years of lore behind it explaining why there are two factions and why those factions possess the races they do.

    Might I suggest that instead of putting forward forlorn 'solutions' whose only impact on the dev team will be to make Chris Metzen have an 'is he serious?' grin, that you could channel your creative input into creative writing instead?

    Warcraft will never be what you want it to be.

    P.S. No, Blizzard CANNOT do whatever the hell they want. That's a childish, simplistic way of viewing how they make decisions. They are forever burdened by the choices made as this game has developed. They cannot make a decision as if it was a fresh game still in development.
    Last edited by Obelisk357; 2014-07-25 at 08:16 PM.

  10. #130
    I like my bloodelves.
    I can see what you see not - vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn, they will be gone - whispering their hidden song...

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk357 View Post
    Yeah but you keep suggesting unrealistic scenarios because they better fit your pre-conceptions.
    lay off on the so called unrealistic scanrios ... there 's nothing realisitc about world of warcraft, and there are for more unrealistic suggestions out there than what he's suggesting which often enough is just stuff blizzard has already done repackaged

    i think he'll understand and like you better if you're just honest with him and sya you don't like his suggestions, if you want a discussion , tell us why you don't like a person's suggestion and give us one of your own..

    some people find it so easy to criticise,yet lets see how they'll do if they were in the driving seat.

  12. #132
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    385
    No idea what's the problem. Tauren are ugly-outside-pretty-inside and belves for balance are pretty-outside-ugly-inside.
    Buy that boost. Buy that mount. BUY. - Blizzard

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    No idea what's the problem. Tauren are ugly-outside-pretty-inside and belves for balance are pretty-outside-ugly-inside.
    hard to believe that horde can be pretty, and there are many people who still believe blood elves are not a horde race, becuase the only reason they are horde was to get more people playing to balance the game, they would never have been horde in a RTS game, they dont fit the current concept of th ehorde.

    but i say if blood elves can be on the horde to help it's numbers, so can humans, and they should give a different model of human as a horde sub-race, tha'tsplayable.

    i think you'd finally get people picking horde without having to make horde cooler in the story, have the big wins and be the focus of all the activities of the expansion. you can go back to telling a balnace d story. IF blood elves can be in teh horde, so can humans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •