Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    You're the one being rude, just because you feel insulted.

fool·ish
    adjective \ˈfü-lish\
    : having or showing a lack of good sense or judgment

fool
    noun \ˈfül\
    : a person who lacks good sense or judgment
    Would you say that throwing money away showcases good sense or judgment?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Lol I stopped buying keys almost 3 years ago with the first Halloween event or w/e
    yeah, after the first halloween event I stopped buying keys as well. If that means I miss out on some cool stuff then so be it, but I won't be playing the RNG lockbox game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, spent $30 overall but got some good stuff I guess:

4 Total Makeover kits
    Gadzillion Boosts of Various Sorts (like 25+)
    3 dye packs
    2 Mini packs
    2 complete BL Tickets (traded for Ley Line tickets, got 121g and blew it on more keys to no avail)
    8 BL scraps
    17 Transmute stones
    2 Box o funs
    2 Revive Stones
    4 BL Trade guys
    6 BL Merchants
    5 Instant repair kits
    7 Bank express
    6 Scrolls of knowledge
    3 Tomes of knowledge

In short, if I ever make an alt, its set since I still have a Level 20 booster and 2 birthday boosters.

Also, never doing that again!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Would you say that throwing money away showcases good sense or judgment?
    You are in no position to define 'throwing money away' for anyone that isn't yourself. Especially when you have no knowledge of someone's financial situation. I don't feel insulted because I am the one apart from my wife with enough knowledge of our finances to know what is and isn't poor spending. With your logical fallacy I could rationalize that buying anything outside of materials to make your own clothing, eating ramen, or any other ridiculous bullshit reason is a poor use of money.

But hey, carry on trying to slip under the radar while being condescending. I'm gonna call people on bullshit when I see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Not gonna lie, spent $30 overall but got some good stuff I guess:
    Indeed...while I didn't get what I was after, I didn't spend extravagantly and I also got a lot of useful items. I got some pets to sell for gold, tickets to get skins to sell for gold or to hold for future skins, lots of boosts to help me play, free levels (so now I have a second 80), etc. I knew the possibilities going in which is what made my decision. I just know that most people buying during this period were pushed over their indecisive line due to the zomg hair awesome item.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You are in no position to define 'throwing money away' for anyone that isn't yourself. Especially when you have no knowledge of someone's financial situation. I don't feel insulted because I am the one apart from my wife with enough knowledge of our finances to know what is and isn't poor spending. With your logical fallacy I could rationalize that buying anything outside of materials to make your own clothing, eating ramen, or any other ridiculous bullshit reason is a poor use of money.

But hey, carry on trying to slip under the radar while being condescending. I'm gonna call people on bullshit when I see it.
    Have you noticed who you're talking to? I never insulted you, I urge you to scroll up and check who's said what.

"With your logical fallacy I could rationalize that buying anything outside of materials to make your own clothing, eating ramen, or any other ridiculous bullshit reason is a poor use of money."
    What falacy, can you point it out plz (by quoting me)?

"But hey, carry on trying to slip under the radar while being condescending."
    When I want to insult people, I'm quite blunt about it you can be sure of that. Also, don't cry about people being condescending if you initiate the bad manners (what goes around comes around).

"You are in no position to define 'throwing money away' for anyone that isn't yourself."
    You don't seem to understand what disposable means : "made to be thrown away" so disposable income = "money to be thrown away".

You are under the impression that when people say "foolish purchase" that means they say "purchase something you can't afford", which is simply wrong.
    Here's an example:
    You're walking on the beach and feel like having an ice-cream when you walk up there are two stores right next to each other, one of them offers ice-cream for 1buck and the other one asks 10bucks for the exact same ice-cream.
    Regardless of if you have 10bucks to your name or 1 000 000 bucks, going with the 10 buck ice-cream is a foolish purchase.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2014-08-03 at 04:38 PM.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    seriously, that thing is much more worth than 50$, you'd never have to buy the one-time use hair stylist contracts again... ever.
    Exactly, why give a crackhead a "make crack for life" machine when you can keep selling them stuff.

Really though, I think they're just leery of putting expensive stuff in the cash shop. If they listed that for $50, it might provoke an entirely different discussion than the "very rare" drop.

Sure, it's convenience only, but it's like unlocking each piece of sword-skin for you, for now and the future. 4.4k gold is appropriate imho.
    It would be funny if they had it for $50 and then released an endless total makeover kit too for $100 after a month. They'd probably have a torch wielding mob outside their doors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Personally I never bought a single key, I farmed/found/got about 15 and got pretty bad stuff out of it.
    I never spent $ to buy keys, but I did use left over gems from other purchases to buy keys. I also converted some gold to gems to buy keys. Probably only maybe 10 keys from gems. Otherwise I've gotten them naturally from level 10/50 quests or such.

I think the main thing I dislike about them is that the buffs are a main feature. If there was some way to trade them in for something else, I'd prefer it and probably would get more keys.

I find the black lion ticket scraps a much better system than straight up rare skins. I really wish they would have reintroduced the greatsword chainsaw via the ticket system too.

"Gashas", RNG lockboxes in the Western market, are the single most profitable virtual item an MMO game can sell. Nothing bring in money as quickly or consistently. Pets are close behind in consistency.

We had one player who consistently bought about $500-700 dollars worth of gashas monthly. Within the course of 3 years the player essentially bought a small car every year equal to the amount of dollars he spent in that time.

People buy the crap out of lockboxes.

Bought my first keys today, 15 of them. Got way to much random junk to do that again.