have group finder people gotten more retarded recently?

seems that way to me, wth is going on?? group finder people were always a bit dumb, but recently its 100 times worse! or maybe gods messing with me again and giving me the crappy people, he hurts me in small bursts cus he knows i can adapt to pain. (kinda like craigs list people trying to sell their cars, "minor scratch in the front" my ass, you get there and the whole front end is smashed and all they can do is scratch their head and say "oh..."

seriously when I say i got the puzzle don't touch it it, it means DONT TOUCH IT

and when I say dont hit the last console until we down the champ, it does NOT mean go hit the terminal while the rest of the group is fighting the champ.

also the amount of afkers and disconnecters have gone up too. wtf as if god wants me to take my klonopin and vodka right now to end it all, but then he would paralyze me to make me suffer more, fml.

oh well, i guess ya just gotta build your ignore list as you build your char and it will help weed out the retards in gf.
    Last edited by bolnahalke; 2014-07-22 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bolnahalke View Post
    seems that way to me, wth is going on?? group finder people were always a bit dumb, but recently its 100 times worse! or maybe gods messing with me again and giving me the crappy people, he hurts me in small bursts cus he knows i can adapt to pain. (kinda like craigs list people trying to sell their cars, "minor scratch in the front" my ass, you get there and the whole front end is smashed and all they can do is scratch their head and say "oh..."

seriously when I say i got the puzzle don't touch it it, it means DONT TOUCH IT

and when I say dont hit the last console until we down the champ, it does NOT mean go hit the terminal while the rest of the group is fighting the champ.

also the amount of afkers and disconnecters have gone up too. wtf as if god wants me to take my klonopin and vodka right now to end it all, but then he would paralyze me to make me suffer more, fml.

oh well, i guess ya just gotta build your ignore list as you build your char and it will help weed out the retards in gf.
    Recently getting back into this game and I can't say I see a lot of what you mention.

Don't get me wrong, I get the random dumbass like most do I think but it doesn't feel any different than any of the other mmo's I've played.

Maybe it was just bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Recently getting back into this game and I can't say I see a lot of what you mention.

Don't get me wrong, I get the random dumbass like most do I think but it doesn't feel any different than any of the other mmo's I've played.

Maybe it was just bad luck.
    yeah i figure its bad luck more than anything else, cus i do get those occasional few groups where everything goes smoothly, but last week especially been awful! o well i figure one day ill be dead so just gotta try to keep a light mood and get through these days as smoothly as possible knowing the bs wont last forever.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed people want NiM geared players for H Czerka.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    I noticed people want NiM geared players for H Czerka.
    Lol yeah thats a bit much, however those FPs I still prefer to run with guildies/people on voice chat because puggers who don't know the fights can make it wipe fast. Nice name by the way!

10+ Year Old Account
    I do feel that the people in tactical flashpoints seem to generally be dumber than people in normal FPs. Wish more people ran the latter, they're far less boring.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I do feel that the people in tactical flashpoints seem to generally be dumber than people in normal FPs. Wish more people ran the latter, they're far less boring.
    I have definately seen that that heppen.

While I think tacticals are a neat new thing, it does seem to bring in players that are not all there when it comes to what to do, how to play and even character abilities.

I don't see so much of it in FPs but I do run across it in tacticals much more often.

Deleted
    New wave of new people from the double xp week we had not so long ago.
    Remnants of that are still lingering.
    A little patience comes a long way.

Edit:
    Also, don't act like an elitist if you're not an elite.

A lot of new and returning players. Most problems in random groups arise because nobody takes the time to explain things. SWTOR is not nearly as bag as some MMOs in this regard, but, in general, players are much more in a big rush all the time than they used to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    A lot of new and returning players. Most problems in random groups arise because nobody takes the time to explain things. SWTOR is not nearly as bag as some MMOs in this regard, but, in general, players are much more in a big rush all the time than they used to be.
    Yeah I've noticed the anti social rush rush rush attitude appearing in FPs more and more lately. I've been in a very active guild for over a year now so I've not really had to Pug much in that time but I thought I'd run a few pugs over the last couple of months for a bit of a change and I got a bit of a shock.
    It's not got a bad as WOW was when I quit but it's moving in that direction.

The comments in this thread interest me as it is the flip side of a thread from a little while back discussing the problems with queue times for DPSers. Lots of people calling for system changes to solve the problem but the only real solution being to get more tanks and healers queuing and the biggest barrier for this being the attitude of many players if the tank or healer doesn't perform to optimum levels. If players are getting called 'retarded' (I hate the way that word is used in game and on the boards) or getting generally roasted if they don't come up to scratch they will not queue, which only mean longer queue times.

In the time I've been playing MMORPGs I've only come across a few players who were utterly beyond help, all other players that were struggling with quests, dungeons or raids improved with a little help.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, in the past few months while playing I've leveled my Sorc to 55 from 50 and a Sentinel to 55 from 1. I'm leveling with a few other heroic wow raiders on Pub side Bastion. We are trying out new roles, well some are. I am still tank while my OT from WoW is being ranged dps and our Lock is a Com Healer. We have a Guard dps, Sent dps and Sage dps that alternate for the fourth spot. But I've noticed when we don't have the fourth spot. We tend to end up with a dumber dps. Like pulls things and complains that the tank doesn't have aggro. In a game where we don't have give me aggro instantly.

I've been running some FPs as a Shadow tank (I am 28 now) and I have come across some dps players using their tank stance to dps. And it annoys the shit out of me. I ask them to let me tank and they say, I can dps and tank at the same time fine. If that is so, then fucking queue for tank and tank.

Queue times for my server and faction still go Healer > Tank > Damage. Finding a competent healer or someone who is willing to learn how to heal is hard.

But I will say this, this is most likely the result of playing with players who know how to play at higher levels. Understanding of game mechanics and awareness is much higher than the PuG crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I have definately seen that that heppen.

While I think tacticals are a neat new thing, it does seem to bring in players that are not all there when it comes to what to do, how to play and even character abilities.

I don't see so much of it in FPs but I do run across it in tacticals much more often.
    I really thing it's brought on by the lack of tactics, without requiring the traditional tank/healer/DPS trinity in a game where each class is stuck in one of those roles, it's just a massive zergfest. People use them to level straight to 55 without stepping out into the world and then they go and jump into Ops, 55 Hard FPs and 55 Tacticals and assume those all play out the same and you can ignore mechanics and just spam damage until you win.

I've played since beta on and off, and while there's some good people out there who are fun to play with, they usually lock themselves up in a guild with like-minded people and if you're not in that circle, you're stuck with all the outcasts.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I dunno. I got placed into a Story Mode Ops for the first time and apparently there was people who couldn't fast travel in, so they told me to reset the instance.

I told them I can't while there was still people inside of it.

And I was "Votekicked. Reason: niggah"

Yeah that's a good first impression.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I dunno. I got placed into a Story Mode Ops for the first time and apparently there was people who couldn't fast travel in, so they told me to reset the instance.

I told them I can't while there was still people inside of it.

And I was "Votekicked. Reason: niggah"

Yeah that's a good first impression.
    Sounds like you got stuck with Pot5 players..
    You cared enough to post.

people are just people, there's no getting around it - which is why i don't even guild anymore, i just run solo and pug for the most part... almost everyone on this planet is fake, say they understand mental illness and are there if you ever need to talk, but when you need them they want nothing to do with you. they love you when your new and thats it.

johnny come lately, the new kid in town - everybody loves him, so dont let them downn.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkisyum View Post
    New wave of new people from the double xp week we had not so long ago.
    Remnants of that are still lingering.
    A little patience comes a long way.

Edit:
    Also, don't act like an elitist if you're not an elite.

I am definitely an Elite.
    Last edited by bolnahalke; 2014-08-20 at 03:26 AM.
    jedi? dark jedi!