Deleted

Looking for help building my first PC

So, I've decided to finally get a desktop PC so this is my first time building one and I have no idea what I'm doing. (I've always played on a gaming laptop before, which is a very bad idea, I know)

This is the build:

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core Haswell Processor
    Motherboard - Gigabyte Z87X-SLI (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
    Memory - 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz C11
    Video Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 4096MB
    Storage - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    Power Supply - Super Flower 550W Gold PSU

Edit:

(Had to include some stuff as I hadn't read the read me sticky)

Budget - 1000-1100 eur
    Resolution - No monitor yet, but I would imagine having a 1920 × 1080 or something
    Games / Settings Desired - Mainly WoW and GW2 and some random steam games that interest me (I would like to play GW2 on max)
    Country - Malta
    Do you need an OS - Nope
    Do you need peripherals - I'm getting those from a local store

Some of my questions are:

Is it worth getting an i7 or could I do with an i5?

As for the graphics card, what's the difference between the 2GB and the 4GB ones? And should I upgrade to 770?

As you can see I'm really clueless. Please do tell me if I messed up completely. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc2c2bcbefc4; 2014-07-22 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First... Fill out the info from This Sticky. It'll help figure out what you do and don't need. Personally, I wouldn't recommend any of the parts in that build except maybe the card. But again, need more info first.

Second, moving this to the build/upgrade subforum!
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

My honest 2 cents.... go watch https://www.youtube.com/user/Jayztwocents and decide what works for you.

Deleted
    Does that local store or wherever you buy your pc parts have a website? Can't reckon stuff without knowing what the prices look like over there

Deleted
    See if your budget can match the i5-4690k or i7-4790k and the Z97 version of your motherboard - in addition, i woudl also consider the possibility of getting an R9-280 or -280X instead of the 4GB 760, as the R9-280 series has more capacity to use the VRAM in all games, whereas the 760 has only a 256-bit bus, which can be a limiting factor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Does that local store or wherever you buy your pc parts have a website? Can't reckon stuff without knowing what the prices look like over there
    I'm only getting the peripherals from the local store. As a student they give us a certain amount of money to spend on stuff that could aid us with our studies and I'll have just enough to get the peripherals.

Deleted
    You still didn't link the shop's website tho

Deleted
    Well, here you go then.

http://www.scanmalta.com/

Like I said though, I'm only getting the peripherals from there. I'm getting the components from Overclockers.