Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Here in ROmania the summer has been "cooler" than the previous one. Even when I was in Italy 2 weeks ago, there haven't been any days with more than 35*c.
    But hey, there's still a lot of ice in my fridge, so that means global warming is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Summer on Long Island has been great! has yet to actually pass 90 degrees in most places. In the F* of course not C* :P
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-07-22 at 09:10 PM.

32c here in California right now. Pretty cool compared the a week ago. we were hitting 43+ for about a week in a row in my town.

Definitely not the hottest summer i've experienced.

It rained yesterday. it was like 35 outside. And it rained a horrible, ball sticking, humid bastard rain.

It hardly rains here.

This has been the coolest summer where I live for the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    You're right anonymous person on the internet, you should rely on your own non-scientist common sense and other non-scientists' opinions because they hold the same weight as the decades of data and modeling.

/sarc
    Is that the same modeling, done by the same scientist, that caused an outcry over global COOLING and an inevitable ice age in the 70's?

I mean, seriously. I agree'd that there is Climate Change. I agreed that man is to blame for some portion. I simply question how much. Why? Because scientist have already changed their opinion on the topic at least once. And some politicians are trying to connect Climate Change to every bit of bad weather they see.

I mean, I don't know...maybe YOU like to accept everything your told without questioning. But I find that you tend to learn more, including things like facts and the truth, by asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Is that the same modeling, done by the same scientist, that caused an outcry over global COOLING and an inevitable ice age in the 70's?
    There were a handful of people who were wrong in the '70s and got a lot of press they didn't deserve.

That isn't a challenge to global climate change science.

I mean, seriously. I agree'd that there is Climate Change. I agreed that man is to blame for some portion. I simply question how much. Why? Because scientist have already changed their opinion on the topic at least once.
    Nope.

Because those guys were never the majority, and their study's results weren't replicated on further review.

I mean, I don't know...maybe YOU like to accept everything your told without questioning. But I find that you tend to learn more, including things like facts and the truth, by asking questions.
    Some of us have read a hell of a lot on this. I'm up to thousands of academic papers and studies, at this point. My working bibliography's at almost 3000 sources.

Which is by no means "all of it", but it's a far cry from "accepting what you're told without questioning". If you want an accurate place to use that label, use it with the deniers, who read one paper that won't pass any comparative scrutiny, and refuse to read anything else that would contradict their incorrect presumptions.