who else is boycotting the gree event?

i just really feel 0 motivation to do it. but everyone i know is doing it i mean sure u get some cool armors, legacy main/offhands, but it just feels super boring to grind the dailies/rep etc... i just wanna work on my alts, honestly in this game i enjoy the stories the most. even though im in a guild that runs progressive Ops, there's nothing i enjoy more than the stories. i guess in a way this is my kotor 3-10.

I'm not that concerned with the Gree event tbh, if I decide to do some I'll do it, but it's nothing that I actually have on my agenda at the moment either.

I'm all over it to be honest.

It's got some interesting gear, some nice items to buy and seems to be the one event that doesn't come around often enough to be boarded with. I think it's been nearly 10 months since it was last seen. Hard for me to be bored with that kind of event scarcity.

Plus it has a slight chance to generate some wPVP.

I've done worse events in other mmo's thats for sure. Gree is not something particularity amazing but it's new enough to be interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Plus it has a slight chance to generate some wPVP.
    The only open world PvP I've seen during any Gree events have been the odd group of one faction rolling around in PvP gear ganking solos of the opposing faction.
    I not yet seen any decently matched groups

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you explain what "gree" is? I've never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    The only open world PvP I've seen during any Gree events have been the odd group of one faction rolling around in PvP gear ganking solos of the opposing faction.
    I not yet seen any decently matched groups
    I did say slight but in the example you mentioned, thats when I would muster my guild mates and WPVP would indeed happen to some extent. I hope I can pull the same thing off in swtor.

But either way, I hate ganking as much as the next gamer but what I do know is it's not distracting from the gree event.

So far, it's rather interesting with some nice rewards and it doesn't come around enough to be boring content just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedup View Post
    Can you explain what "gree" is? I've never heard of it.
    http://dulfy.net/2013/02/12/swtor-re...e-event-guide/

read all about it there.

My bigger gripe is that their attempt was to make content stay "fresh" by keeping it time-limited.

Instead, what they've done is made everyone who needs/wants something from this going into a mad rush. This is shortly followed by hatred (if only we were all Sith IRL!) and burn-out. Additionally, while the wPvP is certainly fun for some, they made a mistake by putting people who want to avoid it (say, on PvE servers, which are objectively much more populous than the PvP counterparts) in a position where to do some of the quests, they have to get flagged. Worse, they can be attacked by the SAME FACTION (aside from people in your guild/party).

The overall design of limited-time content can be argued as a positive or a negative. In some cases it makes sense; like how WoW does halloween or christmas events. With those, you could conceivably finish most/all of the content in the time frame. With the Gree event, short of an army of alts (and dear lord would you be burnt out after doing the same shit 6-7 times a day) you have no chance to even get closed to finished. And god forbid you were on vacation or slammed with work during that week; you won't see it again for many months!

The planning/timing for a lot of the events seems pretty ad hoc; hopefully they'll eventualy smooth it out.

Thankfully for me this just happens to be an event where I'm not interested in any of the rewards.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Deleted
    Will prolly be doing the raidboss once or twice, and the H4 on enough chars to buy two offhands. Maxed reputation long ago and the 'world pvp' is pvp-geared clowns trying to gank questers.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Will prolly be doing the raidboss once or twice, and the H4 on enough chars to buy two offhands. Maxed reputation long ago and the 'world pvp' is pvp-geared clowns trying to gank questers.
    For me it's worth it for the BoL off hands. That alone would entice me to do the event. It's the only place you can get them. Plus we have had a fairly amount of good WPVP to boot.

Over all, It's been a nice change of pace even if it is limited. From what I read the bounty hunter event comes around so much it might as well stay all the time. Unlike the Gree event which is out every 4+ months. UGH thats to long a wait.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    For me it's worth it for the BoL off hands. That alone would entice me to do the event. It's the only place you can get them. Plus we have had a fairly amount of good WPVP to boot.

Over all, It's been a nice change of pace even if it is limited. From what I read the bounty hunter event comes around so much it might as well stay all the time. Unlike the Gree event which is out every 4+ months. UGH thats to long a wait.
    Personally I think it would be better if they alternated, each month getting the bounty hunter contracts or the Gree event. As it stand I don't really wanna mess with the Gree event because I doubt I'll finish it, and don't think I'll be playing in 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Personally I think it would be better if they alternated, each month getting the bounty hunter contracts or the Gree event. As it stand I don't really wanna mess with the Gree event because I doubt I'll finish it, and don't think I'll be playing in 4 months.
    Well if it helps, It's not that hard to get started on it and finish all the objectives. You may not finish the rep grind but few could for the limited time it's actually here.

I do agree that it needs to come around more often. I know know about a week rotation but a month rotation would be nice at least.

For 2 weeks every month you get "X". The other 2 weeks you have some downtime to do normal game stuff. At least until they get more events going.

Right now I think there is the:

Gree event
    Bounty Hunter event
    Plague event

Not enough for a week rotation just yet I don't think.

Deleted
    Where there is PvP, there is me.