Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    It has nothing to do with liberal or conservative. It's the fact that numerous posters have shown you services that you benefit from but you constantly hand wave them off. Ive researched your post history and every single one of your posts is an argument or an attempt to bait someone into a fight. At the possible expense of an infraction - I'm calling this account out as a troll account used to do nothing more than bait other posters into a fight with you.
    I believe I made a valid argument, without namecalling btw, or personal insults btw, that those services would exist with me on welfare or succeeding. Therefore, it's a wash and can be discounted for the statement I made, "I've worked for everything I have".

The fiber cables, lalalalalala... that would be valid if I wasn't paying for an ISP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnarr View Post
    I believe I made a valid argument, without namecalling btw, or personal insults btw, that those services would exist with me on welfare or succeeding. Therefore, it's a wash and can be discounted for the statement I made, "I've worked for everything I have".

The fiber cables, lalalalalala... that would be valid if I wasn't paying for an ISP.
    So like Endus said - If you benefit personally from those programs they are acceptable but if they are programs you don't personally benefit from then you're against them?

Now let's try this again without the hand waving.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    So like Endus said - If you benefit personally from those programs they are acceptable but if they are programs you don't personally benefit from then you're against them?

Now let's try this again without the hand waving.
    Ok, let's try this again, without trying to attribute to me statements that I never made.

What programs did I say I was against? Let's get clear on this first, it's pretty important after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, good thing Im in grad school so Im not totally SoL because my state opted out of having a state system...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well, good thing Im in grad school so Im not totally SoL because my state opted out of having a state system...
    The 2-1 stacked decision has essentially been rejected, and they're going to have to get a decision based on the entire court of appeals rather than cherrypicking who is on the bench during the decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    The 2-1 stacked decision has essentially been rejected, and they're going to have to get a decision based on the entire court of appeals rather than cherrypicking who is on the bench during the decision.
    Good, then hopefully the stupid decision is rendered null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The point is that your personal contribution is markedly overstated.
    Sorry, didn't see this earlier.

But, this is where we inherently disagree. My personal contribution is the difference between me being on welfare, living on someone else's dime and me having success, having a career, providing for my family and raising responsible children.

Because again, the services named are there regardless of my effort. The difference in two outcomes, was my personal contributions. Sure I had mentors, but i always had the choice of accepting advice or ignoring it. This is the essence of personal responsibility and owning your decisions, owning your outcomes.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    Guaranteed no one in the US cares about what non-US people think, which is the majority of the people on MMO Champ.
    Skipping a few dozen pages here, but I care much more for the words of educated non-Americans than Americans with "WE'RE NUMBER ONE!" blinders on. I find Endus, and others, to be a treasure trove of knowledge and informed, thoughtful opinion.

Also hashtags are dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Except that we already have a better system. Guy gets cancer... guy gets treated by a much better medical system that is required to treat them regardless of payment potential.... guy gets bill for $100,000... guy files bankruptcy... bankruptcy is granted without seizing any assets at all... guy gets a loan from the bank in a couple years as they overlook the bankruptcy and begins rebuilding his credit...

Of course, the hospital is stuck paying for his treatment and passes the cost on to other people that have to go to the hospital... but that just means people that actually need the healthcare are paying for instead of those who do not.
    You think this is better than single payer? Like, for realzies? You'd rather ruin a person's credit for a decade or more, screw hospitals out of immediate payment, and consequently gouge people with (better?) insurance instead of just having a model like the UK/Canada?

Tell me if I missed something. Again, skipping some pages, but holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obamacare helps me out but I'm not going to pretend like it isn't a half assed attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Obamacare helps me out but I'm not going to pretend like it isn't a half assed attempt.
    The law is pretty badly written just on a technical level. When the senate passed their first go at it they had 60 votes in the senate. They figured there'd be changes from the House, which is common, so the Senate would be able to clean up the language later. Then Kennedy died and Brown came into office so the House either had to pass it as is or it wouldn't get through the Senate again.

Mechanically the bill does everything it was supposed to, but its just rough around the edges. Proofing errors like this are the result.