Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've played WoW since vanilla and league since S1 and they are day/night to me. LoL has to have the worst playerbase in the history of online games. This isn't just from low levels either this is from lv 1-30 bronze 5-diamond 3ish probably

Deleted
    I complain often on forums about WoW but it's only because I like it so much and want the best from it. If complaining and critical feedback were negative to thegame they wouldn't read the forums.

Ironically white knighting (defending the game to no end even if a change hurts the game) hurts the game more.

Also complaining about complainers is ever worse than both of these.

correction. People are the most toxic people in anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florescent Purple View Post
    Try league of legends.
    Already did, haven't seen your toxic things around, sup?
    Also OP uses wrong word, he should be using whiners, crybabies, bitches that would fit and describe WoW community spot on.

It's an old story. It seems so toxic because so many people play it. Per capita there's just as many toxic players in other games, they just don't have the population WoW does and so it doesn't seem as bad.

Sorry but you haven't been on the internet much if you happen to believe that.

People, in general, are toxic. The more of them you have playing the same game, the more toxic the community seems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HalseySpartan2 View Post
    Seriously, do you people ever do anything BUT complain?

"OMG capitol cities in WoD aren't what we thought they would be"

"OMG 12 hour maintenance window"

"OMG buff this, nerf that OMG BLIZZ WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

"OMG WoD is going to be the worst expansion ever, make it go back to vanilla or WOTLK"

"OMG Blizz doesn't put out content fast enough WAHHHH"

Come on guys. With all of the whining about WoW and Blizzard, I'm surprised they haven't just said "To hell with you all, we're doing what we want and we're not telling you guys anything at all, so deal with it" especially since to many players, Blizzard can't do anything right. If you don't like the direction the game is going, then unsubscribe. Plenty of people still like the game well enough to pay $15/month for it. Just because you pay a subscription fee does not entitle you to bonus things for the 10th anniversary, or any kind of "customer loyalty" program. I am a loyal customer of several restaurants; do I expect to get a free meal? NO. Why should anyone expect to get free stuff from Blizzard, a company ostensibly in the business of making money? They shouldn't.

Be grateful this game is still running. Obviously enough people still enjoy it to make releasing patches and expansions worthwhile - to the tune of 7 million people paying $15/month just to play it. Blizzard doesn't put out content very fast - this is true. This has been true for THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY AS A COMPANY. 13 years for StarCraft 2, 6 years for WC3, 12 years for Diablo 3. They don't rush things out. They take their time to make sure things are done right. Diablo 3 had problems at launch, but I haven't heard a single complaint since 2.0 released. People love SC2. Would you rather them take 1 year to put out a new expansion or game and have it suck major ass like Activision does with COD? Guitar Hero? Tony Hawk? Know what those all had in common? I'll tell you: a super short development cycle that just threw crap together in a box and called it a game. What ended up happening? Two of those three franchises have been canned and COD is now on a 3 year development cycle.

Blizzard will release WoD when it's ready. WoD is in beta. Things will not work properly. THIS IS NORMAL. IT'S A BETA. Betas are supposed to be for bug fixing and the experience now is not representative of what the released product will be in four or five months.

Jesus people, give it a rest. If you don't like the game anymore, just unsub and go play something else until the expansion hits. Blizzard doesn't owe any of you anything.

The next time you make a wall of text please please please start off by telling us that you're 12 years old. Then I know instantly not to bother reading on any further.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-07-22 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ah..but "it hurts the game" is the most undefined wishy-washy phrase EVER. You can literally get away with shooting ANYTHING down by claiming it "hurts the game".

Whaaaaaa...the poor game. It might hurt how you enjoy the game or it might take away a feature that is integral to you liking the game. But "hurt the game"? Give me a break.
    Nobody likes a yes man. It's why the Star Wars prequels sucked balls. Nobody wants feeback that is only positive.

It's mixed. The forum however, is NOT the player base. In-game I rarely encounter toxic behaviour, when I do it's very easy to just use the ignore function and take the high road.

Deleted
    Oh please.. WoW playerbase are all cute fluffly bunnies.
    Try something like this: http://www.mmomeltingpot.com/2012/03...ger-reactions/

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    You know what I hate the most lately? People using the "whine" word. Or "cry" which is basically just as much annoying.

Seriously, since when is being sincere or cautious or critical considered as whining. I think the problem is that this kind of people (lets face it, they're simply dicks in my opinion) eats every type of bullshit they get served and since they don't have their own jobs meaning their parents pay for their gaming they don't have to think about the quality of service they are being provided for their money. When I have concerns about the game (I'm paying for) that I want to share with others, then its my goddamn right to do so without someone else calling me a whiner.
    You call other dicks yet show off such extreme prejudice?

Ok...being happy with the game one plays instantly translates into not having a job, low requirements and having your parents pay your sub fee. Everyone let that sink in and if you don't reach up to those criteria, make sure you do so that people such as the poster I quoted can keep his narrow outlook!

I have to say though, that when someone constantly slanders the game AND other players because they don't agree with whatever it is he's unhappy with, it's just whining/crying. Real concerns should go to the official forums or in-game suggestions box, or unsubbing and stating the reason for not wanting to sub anymore.

I dont care at the toxicity on forums and on the web. That doesnt always reflect the playerbase in a game. Forums is a place where people whine and complain. Those who like the game are in the game playing.

However.
    Random 5 man dungeons and pugs in general. oh my. If you go an entire day without meeting a asshat you want to kill irl. Then you must have been offline the entire day.

The elitist attitude in this game is so painful atm.

And it all started when Blizzard went back on a promiss. That we would never see realm change, faction change or even name change. Dungeon finder just made it even worse.

In vanilla. When you actualy had to struggle your way up to lvl 60. When it actualy took time and your reputation on the server actualy meant something, we had close to zero trolls. Well. Trolls yeah. assholes. Nope.

If you acted like 90% of the playerbase act today. You would get shunned. No groups, no guilds, No friends. only way to fix it. Rerolling. Which took time.

Then all the paid services started. You could just change name or realm and keep going.

Now its not even needed. you get into a group of 5 players you will never see again. And what happens. you can act like a complete deuchetard and nothing happens. Either you get kicked from group or others leave. And its never spoken of again. you can just sign up again and keep going.

Blizzard should hire like 500 people to just do dungeons all day and ban the assholes. After a while. It would start to be playable again.

Atm your only choice is to play with friends. And finding friends in a sea of poison aint always easy

Deleted
    Some people love to complain, and complain loudly and obnoxiously. I doubt other large player bases are that different, but it may be because Blizzard are more involved with their players than other developers, it becomes easy for said complainers to address the company like a parent not paying enough attention to their tantrum.

I don't run into toxic behavior in-game, just on these forums.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HalseySpartan2 View Post
    Seriously, do you people ever do anything BUT complain?
    While I agree there is too much negative criticism, I don't think it is bad to have a critical approach to the game, especially if the opinion is constructive. Because Blizz make errors and it is normal to inform them about it. However, insulting Blizzard or its personnel has no point. People should focus rationnally on how to improve the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    You know what I hate the most lately? People using the "whine" word. Or "cry" which is basically just as much annoying.

Seriously, since when is being sincere or cautious or critical considered as whining. I think the problem is that this kind of people (lets face it, they're simply dicks in my opinion) eats every type of bullshit they get served and since they don't have their own jobs meaning their parents pay for their gaming they don't have to think about the quality of service they are being provided for their money. When I have concerns about the game (I'm paying for) that I want to share with others, then its my goddamn right to do so without someone else calling me a whiner.
    It's unfortunate but that's just a consequence of a very large number of people being unable to think critically. It's not entirely their fault, though - the education system in many western countries doesn't do a great job of encouraging such an approach despite it being the efficient and pragmatic route.

It's gotten to the point where any criticism - no matter how constructive - is viewed by some people in the same manner as a horrific personal attack.

Deleted
    The toxicity is inevitable when you play a social-interaction game with other human beings behind the windows of anonymity.

WoW isn't even near the high standards of toxicity in comparison to infamous games like LoL and CoD.

It really doesn't. What it actually has a significantly large population of thin skinned crybabies.

wow players are bad but league is way worse