Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltarus View Post
    Toxic? You must be playing league.
    I used to play and it looks the same, well except not as many players who think they speak on behalf of others to suit their personal needs. At least Riot moderates their forums though or at least last time I played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captiosus View Post

Same faction griefing was never permissible and I watched people get "put on vacation" for that kind of behavior back in vanilla and BC. Cross-faction griefing has always gotten a blanket pass because "there's a PVP solution" (words I heard directly from a GM circa 2006).
    Mean while a high up guild didnt even receive a slap on the wrist despite even a public stream showing their actions for intentional same faction griefing of a whole zone. Blizzards moderation is widely swinging and among the least transparent in the industry. The last bot ban wave had many accounts only flagged for suspensions. DIII despite not being a subscription based game has a botting issue that players will even open admit to in official forums with no concern of bans. SCII had issues of players modifying their achievements at launch with many players keeping their stats after it was fixed even if it was under modification of server information. The forums had player both admitting and discussing how to do such with only posts removed while players remained able to continue to repeatedly post information. Blizzard might have among the best phone support, but everything else from customer service to moderation puts Blizzard behind Bioware on my list.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-07-22 at 10:37 PM.

Deleted
    The WoW player base is disgusting indeed. But not necessarily in the aspect of their hostility towards Blizzard. Which is an incompetent company, you can't disagree with this. Delays after delays and issues with their servers all the time. Seriously, after so many years with the same engine and infrastructure you would think that they could freaking use it properly.

The WoW player base is disgusting in the sense that today I've been threatened to get my head bashed in by another player for simply asking him what his reasoning behind the ninja-looting was. He is now banned. I wanted to group up for epoch stone farming, I get flamed cause I don't oneshot mobs and my ilvl is too low to group with said person. Disgusting indeed. I later tell a warlock in my dungeon group to take care of the gong in the mantid dungeon. He doesn't reply so I tell him how to do it. I get a reply that goes as follows "shut up pls".

The WoW community is disgusting. In no other game is the community so disgusting. I puke when I hear the name of this game.

From now on, if I continue to play. I will ninjaloot, I will tell everyone to fuck off and fuck their mothers when they whisper me. Even friendly whispers will get this reply. I'm sick and tired of scum feeling like they are something.
    Last edited by mmocdfd19f34f6; 2014-07-22 at 10:49 PM.

Deleted
    Nah, pretty sure the LoL kids form the most toxic community. Riot even had to disable chat for a bit to curb the tide of bullshit.

Every single big game that I follow has a community just like this. Most notible one is Gran Turismo, completely different genre but one of the best selling game franchises, community is like a mirror of the WoW community if you check the forums. GTPlanet is to Gran Turismo what MMOChamp is to WoW. It's just online gaming communities in general.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I think you are confusing toxic and bitchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HalseySpartan2 View Post
    Seriously, do you people ever do anything BUT complain?

"OMG capitol cities in WoD aren't what we thought they would be"

"OMG 12 hour maintenance window"

"OMG buff this, nerf that OMG BLIZZ WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

"OMG WoD is going to be the worst expansion ever, make it go back to vanilla or WOTLK"

"OMG Blizz doesn't put out content fast enough WAHHHH"

Come on guys. With all of the whining about WoW and Blizzard, I'm surprised they haven't just said "To hell with you all, we're doing what we want and we're not telling you guys anything at all, so deal with it" especially since to many players, Blizzard can't do anything right. If you don't like the direction the game is going, then unsubscribe. Plenty of people still like the game well enough to pay $15/month for it. Just because you pay a subscription fee does not entitle you to bonus things for the 10th anniversary, or any kind of "customer loyalty" program. I am a loyal customer of several restaurants; do I expect to get a free meal? NO. Why should anyone expect to get free stuff from Blizzard, a company ostensibly in the business of making money? They shouldn't.

Be grateful this game is still running. Obviously enough people still enjoy it to make releasing patches and expansions worthwhile - to the tune of 7 million people paying $15/month just to play it. Blizzard doesn't put out content very fast - this is true. This has been true for THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY AS A COMPANY. 13 years for StarCraft 2, 6 years for WC3, 12 years for Diablo 3. They don't rush things out. They take their time to make sure things are done right. Diablo 3 had problems at launch, but I haven't heard a single complaint since 2.0 released. People love SC2. Would you rather them take 1 year to put out a new expansion or game and have it suck major ass like Activision does with COD? Guitar Hero? Tony Hawk? Know what those all had in common? I'll tell you: a super short development cycle that just threw crap together in a box and called it a game. What ended up happening? Two of those three franchises have been canned and COD is now on a 3 year development cycle.

Blizzard will release WoD when it's ready. WoD is in beta. Things will not work properly. THIS IS NORMAL. IT'S A BETA. Betas are supposed to be for bug fixing and the experience now is not representative of what the released product will be in four or five months.

Jesus people, give it a rest. If you don't like the game anymore, just unsub and go play something else until the expansion hits. Blizzard doesn't owe any of you anything.
    I get tired of the whining as well. Blizz definitely makes questionable calls sometimes (capitol city changes still irk me), but the way people overreact and crucify them and condemn any little thing they dislike... all of that is infinitely more annoying than anything done to the game itself.

Its especially annoying how people freak out over beta, when practically everything in beta can and will change.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Maybe if blizzard was competent enough we wouldn't be complaining as much!
    I think you need to learn what competent means.

I started playing Runescape in '04 and every interaction with anyone that played WoW was always them talking massive shit about anything and everything. That alone is why it took 5 years to try WoW, and when I did, my first character was named "Dbag" because that's what all the WoW players I had encountered were. Now I just assume the ass hat WoW players I meet were Vanilla players or PVPers and most of the time I'm right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Really now.
    You are pretty damn sure you know what *everyone* likes or doesn't like or what feedback Blizzard is getting. Please, what's your secret source?
    They do listen to customer feedback and value it- you can't dispute that, so don't even pretend to try - the argument doesn't start on your level.

- - - Updated - - -

It was always like that. And even before it. It was just as bad when MUDs started. I used to run and develop one, I remember it quite clearly.
    This is spot on. In some early MUDs, 20+ years ago, you couldn't attack lowbies but you could sure as hell buff and heal the mobs in the newbie areas. Guess what...

New, well new-ish, however are forums. They allowed the undesirable elements of (gaming) society to annoy not one or two people at a time, but everybody reading their crap.
    Also new is forcing people into randomly generated huge groups. One asshole annoying 24 people in LFR has much more impact than someone camping a single player in pvp. And looking at Blizzard especially, I feel CoC enforcement is at an all time low. 2006 till 2008 ticket wait times usually were measured in minutes. Now it is often days. And that obviously insufficient manpower shows in many areas. Games - and companies - tend to have the player base - and customers - they deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    league is pretty bad, but with any huge player base you are gonna have a ton of shit people.

Wow was a pretty tight community before cross realm.. I know that isn't the issue, but you had a bit of backlash if you were a cunt.

I'm sure this has been said a few times already...but if you think WoW is toxic, then you can't have played many MOBAs or even been to something like the D3 forum. Take WoWs community, take the meatiest poo on it, coat it in the most fatal radioactive waste that sits around Fukushima Power Plant in Japan and you'd be getting close to the communities in MOBAs. They are truly disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toxic? While WoW has completely destroyed server community it doesn't get nearly as close as LoL does in toxicity.

If you want to go to a playerbase and find out what toxic is, go right ahead on DOTA 2 and say this specific sentence no little no less, "LoL is way better than this game". Say that exactly and well you shall see how it goes from there.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    The worst thing is the entitlement, need for convenience and lazyness. Thats what behind the entire thing. Bg gets ruined do to entitled 'I play the game my way' crowd, flying and city QQ is because people feel entitled and are too lazy to walk, etc.

I blame Mr T and his night elf Mohawk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    It's funny, because people that play WoW also play other games, thus the playerbase is the same across so many, many games.

You should see the Wildstar forums, ESO forums, FF14 forums, League forums, Guild Wars 2 forums.

It's all the same.
    This sums it all up. /thread troll OP

Generally speaking, the more established a game or community is, the more toxic it will become as expectations raise ever higher; nothing new.

Forums have a negative bias, because the people who are most likely to post are... unsurprisingly the people who feel slighted in some way.

Hell, here's an article: http://www.cracked.com/article_19860...ing-us_p2.html

Honestly, I think our favorite past time is what I called the bcmw routine - bitch, complain, moan, and whine about anythinggggggggggggggg.

Seriously I commend Blizzard for even interacting with us. If I had to deal with that kind of people, I'd just flip 'em off and do my work.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    The WoW community's pretty tame compared to playing any console FPS during the evening.

It's nothing compared to MOBA communities, either.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Toxic entitlement immersion. Immersive toxic toxic, entitlement. Toxic toxic toxic. Immersion.

I lelled. Of course the community is toxic. It's full of people who chase other players away with flagrant, screaming fanboyism every time they bring up a concern about the game. And then try to sound all smart by throwing around a bunch of buzz words that showed up in the last big blue post.
    Sounds like a good spin for a new boss.

Also, you've clearly never been on any console game with voice chat. The community there is pure vitriol.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

"Whining" is not "toxic behavior."

"Whining" is "OMG my promised capital cities are ruined."

"Toxic behavior" is what you see once you log into the game and run into a few random playing "companions."