Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I DID IT!! WHOOO!!!!

Okay instead of going mage I went another route(I do not have alex) and went hunter.

This does have some rng in it. For Maexnna have a explosive trap when she has enough spiders to fill up her board, then use UTH. You now have a full board. Now have low mana charge minions or ones with battle cries. Have the health ones to keep yourself up. Go for cards that do not kill his minions and don't have a low health and high attack card or she will be willing to attack it and replace the spider for something stronger. For this deck I decided to use her two greatest strengths and turn them in to weaknesses. You start out with spiders? Now you are stuck with them! You are going to bring my minions back to my hand? Have the right battlecry/charge for any situation! Use it to your advantage.

While these guys at hero mode are strong and have strong cards and abilities, they are still ai/npc(whatever you want to call it) and are not smart as we are. Learn how they play and use this.

Here are the decks I used for Faerlina and Maexxna(I had to delete my lock build):

Last edited by apepi; 2014-07-23 at 12:25 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

cleared normal (wiped 1 time on each boss) Control mage for Anub and Maexxna, aggro warrior for faerlina. time to sleep! looking for challenge mode and heroics tomorrow! =)

I ended up using my normal ranked mode decks for this and beat all 3 heroic without too much trouble.

Anub'Rekhan - Handlock deck. There's some luck involved here but the big keys for me were having twilight drake and mountain giant out early to soak up some damage, get heals from farseers, siphon soul whenever you can. Alexstrazsa ended up saving it for me and then bring in the molten giants for a big finish.

Grand Widow Faerlina - Zoo warlock. Tried a few times to get a viable starting hand. Basically you want to start with 3x 1-mana cards and 1 of them should be a voidwalker since it's really the only thing that's going to survive her hero power on round 1. After that it's relatively smooth sailing. Just be very careful about using your hero power as extra cards that you can't play immediately only give her more power.

Maexxna - Frost mage straight up. Freeze her out until you can get alexstrasza out and bring down the hammer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    Maexxna - Frost mage straight up. Freeze her out until you can get alexstrasza out and bring down the hammer.
    I think a hunter is much better than mage at it. Use one explosive trap, wipe the first row of spiders and fill the board. Then UTH and just rush her down, don't run high attack low health minions though, she will try to kill it then just summon a stronger minion.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Yay. Just oneshotted hc anub with handlock and hc faerlina with zoo as suggested. Now I'll have to disenchant some cards for the frost mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn it, Maexxna is hard . I manage to keep her all minions to 7 attack but I never seem to get Alex + spells to kill her off.

Deleted
    I used a pretty standard priest deck with no epics or legendaries and oneshot them on normal. didn't try heroic yet. Don't care for card backs

Thank god. Finally beat her. Hardest part was to not get full hand while not summoning minions that would kill her 1-1 spiders...

10+ Year Old Account
    For the first two heroic bosses, I just smashed her with a Murlock deck.

Maexxna was a bit more tricky. I ended up spamming combo/battlecry cards to control her side until I had so many minions out on mine that she could no longer keep them all back.

My Murlock deck had the standard two epics and one legend. The rogue deck was E/L free. I just had a couple of rares in the form of Blade Flurry and Agent.
    Last edited by Twinkelle; 2014-07-23 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First boss: Mage+AOE spells makes this a cinch.

Second boss: Just get a bunch of beefy, lowish cost cards and keep your hand relatively empty.

Third boss: Battlecry cards are great to have constantly returned to your hand. Have something ready to quickly deal with the 8/8 sea giants.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I didn't look at any guides or strats or threads or anything, because I'm just suuuuuper casual with this game anyway (haven't played in months before Naxx came out) ... I can't believe how many wreckings Anub'rekhan (normal) gave me before I thought to try Mage. Jaina's hero power negated Anub's, and Sheep negated the 2/8 taunt minions he threw down. Steamrolled him that match. Felt so good after he had been just smashing me.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

You don't need a super expensive freeze mage for heroic Maexxna fyi. Just run a priest with a crapload of battlecries, charges and direct damage. If you can get her to have a board of 1 attack minions, (not hard with a good mulligan) you can outheal/damage her with Arcane Golem, Earthen Ring Farseer and hero power. Throw out Holy Fire if shit gets tough, Mind Blast for the finish.

Just whatever you do, do not clear the fucking board. You want her to have 7 minions out, because it's incredibly trivial to play around if they all have 1 or 0 attack. Only kill shit with 2 attack or more, and spend whatever resources are necessary to accomplish that ASAP. You can also kill the 1/2 spiders that summon more 1/1 spiders, just to fill her board with shit faster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You don't need a super expensive freeze mage for heroic Maexxna fyi. Just run a priest with a crapload of battlecries, charges and direct damage. If you can get her to have a board of 1 attack minions, (not hard with a good mulligan) you can outheal/damage her with Arcane Golem, Earthen Ring Farseer and hero power. Throw out Holy Fire if shit gets tough, Mind Blast for the finish.

Just whatever you do, do not clear the fucking board. You want her to have 7 minions out, because it's incredibly trivial to play around if they all have 1 or 0 attack. Only kill shit with 2 attack or more, and spend whatever resources are necessary to accomplish that ASAP. You can also kill the 1/2 spiders that summon more 1/1 spiders, just to fill her board with shit faster.
    And don't ever play more than two minions at once =D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I didn't look at any guides or strats or threads or anything, because I'm just suuuuuper casual with this game anyway (haven't played in months before Naxx came out) ... I can't believe how many wreckings Anub'rekhan (normal) gave me before I thought to try Mage. Jaina's hero power negated Anub's, and Sheep negated the 2/8 taunt minions he threw down. Steamrolled him that match. Felt so good after he had been just smashing me.
    Those 2/8 taunts (the Deathlords) - you want to kill those, The put a free minion on the board for you.

Fireball that shit!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Those 2/8 taunts (the Deathlords) - you want to kill those, The put a free minion on the board for you.

Fireball that shit!
    Yes! Very true, thank you for that addendum. Can't believe I forgot to include one of the most important parts! I need sleep.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    First boss heroic used a control druid deck which had a few legendaries in it including Alexstraza. Got lucky when i killed the Deathlords and got big minions out for free.

Second boss heroic just used a Murlock deck with a warlock. get everything out of your hand as fast as possible and just hope you get lucky with your draws. Took me a few attempts but when it came out right I finished her in 5 turns.

Third boss heroic i just played a priest deck with as many heal cards as I could. took 2 Elven Archers, 2 Holy Fires, 2 Voodoo Doctors, 2 SW Pain, 1 SW Death, 2 Holy Novas, 2 Earthen Ring Farseer's and Alexstraza.
    Try and fill the board with 1 damage minions as fast as you can and then Alexstraza her to 15 hp. Then i finished with 2 mind blasts and any kind of charge minion. just keep healing yourself up with hero power and minions because she will return 2 to your hand every turn.

Deleted
    First one i used control druid with no alex. One shotted him but was a close call as i draw my last card on winning turn¨
    On second i used the normal zoo lock deck and beated him on second try
    Last one i made my own deck with some battle crys. A druid deck. Mind control gnome turned out to be a cool guy for this
    AND MAD BOMBAS <3

o ye, new tactic for heroic. http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/303-alexstrasza /thread

other then that for maexxna i used

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder...2;463:2;557:2;

filled the rest with w/e i had, no budget to make special deck.

took me like 5 tries to get the right rng.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Heroic Maexxna wasn't too hard with a paladin deck stuffed with all the healing available. Just leave the board full of 1 attack minions and outheal the damage. Needs some luck with the cards you start off with though. Similar priest and paladin decks seem to be the easiest way of doing the boss.

Note: In my opinion I wasted slots with the taunts for this one because using them late will open up her minion slots. No taunts and she keeps pounding on your hero and you can just outheal the 7 damage/round.

Edit: I haven't played a lot of hearthstone either, so no alexstrasza or anything like that. Had to go through her health without such help.

I just facerolled heroic naexxna with this deck
    http://imgur.com/yVpVbfk

I first fought her with a zoo but conceded right away after seeing her hero power. I decided to abuse her power with the engineer and earthernring. I cleared the board with pyro many times and lost a card for having 10 cards on hand. I was careless but it luckily didn't destroy alex, velen or malygos. When I was ready to kill her I just alex'd her followed by a velen + mindblast and a creature's hit.

I didn't get to use shadowmadness, azure drake, or malygos in the fight. Everything else was used at least once.
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

10+ Year Old Account
    normal is easy so i wont bother

heroic anub i used a ramp up druid. nothing too complicated and i already have a deck list / tactic somehwere here. if i can find it i will post. and actually found the deck :
    innervate x2
    mark of the wild x2
    power of the wild ( used as panther )
    wrath x2
    acidic swamp ooze
    nerub'ar weblord x2 ( insanely op imo, expecting a nerf )
    healing touch
    mark of nature ( used as taunt )
    savage roar
    poison seeds
    swipe x2
    chillwind yeti
    defender of argus
    keeper of the grove
    tasdingo
    starfall ( used as aoe )
    azure drake
    druid of the claw ( used as charge )
    starfire x2
    argent commander
    maexxna
    ancient of lore
    ironbark protector
    ysera ( came into play at round 4 thanks to deathlord )

faerlina was hard to beat but an altered zoo handled her easily. here is the deck list :

soulfire x2
    power overwhelming x2 ( used on eggs )
    abusive sergeant x2
    leper gnome
    stonetusk boar x2
    voidwalker x2
    voodoo doctor x2
    young dragonhawk ( a good overwhelming target )
    ancient watcher ( to soak some hero ability )
    bluegill warrior x2
    direwolf alpha
    haunted creeper
    ironbeak owl x2
    pint-sized summoner
    shadow bolt x2
    arcane golem x2
    raging worgen x2
    hellfire x2

maexxna was actually a walk in the park compared to faerlina. a fast priest deck made quick work of her. here is the list:

holy smite x2
    power word shield x2
    northshire cleric x2
    stonetusk boar x2
    voodoo doctor x2 ( extremely useful )
    mind blast x2
    shadow word pain x2
    bluegill warrior x2
    ironbeak owl x2
    arcane golem x2
    earthen ring farseer ( again extremely useful )
    wolfrider
    shadow madness ( save for mid / late game )
    mogushan warden x2 ( was actually quite useless but didn't matter )
    holy nova x2 ( game changer, must have )
    holy fire x2 ( save for sea giant )

i hope i was helpful to someone out there. enjoy fellas !
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Fireball that shit!
    Well I don't know about that. I ran a rogue deck with tons of battlecries and spells - killed on the second try after I learned that her hero power is auto-cast, and made necessary adjustments. I just killed all her stuff with maximum efficiency (Blade Flurry and Fan of Knives with Thalnos helped), stole a couple of minions using Mind Control Tech, and soon found myself in a situation where she had 0 cards, and I - almost full hand. After that it was quite easy. Rogue is the best class for this method, in my opinion.