Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Who else writes entire stories for their character?

I'm not talking about little backstories or little blurbs, I'm talking full stories. Right now, my character's story is at 46 pages and it's not even half way done. Anyone else do this, or am I a bit obsessive? xD
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

I wouldn't do it for some lame OC I made, no.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Writes is the correct spelling. If you want to write a story spelling is important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a whole blog dedicated to writing about my WoW characters. Some have longer stories than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsardion View Post
    I'm not talking about little backstories or little blurbs, I'm talking full stories. Right now, my character's story is at 46 pages and it's not even half way done. Anyone else do this, or am I a bit obsessive? xD
    Everyone on an RP realm, who isn't there to treat it like a seedy vegas strip club. My main character's history, leading up to the actual creation of the character, was like 7 pages. 46? hot damn I did though once write a short story, came to 30, about one of his rps
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post
    Writes is the correct spelling. If you want to write a story spelling is important.
    "If you want to write a story, spelling is important."

So iz grammarz.

Back on topic: If you're inspired, go for it. I do not write stories about my characters, but not a day goes by where I don't write a short story in my head about whatever is on my mind.

Lol 46 pages damn never did that much. But i do write stuff for her when she wasent adventuring and what got her out in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all the time. In my mind anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No, because most of my characters are draenei and I don't feel like writing thousands of years worth of backstory.

I haven't written stories for my own WoW characters (I'm not really into roleplaying very much), but I have written 56 pages of http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rnate-Universe and made a Twitter RP account of the version of Kael'thas from the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    I haven't written stories for my own WoW characters (I'm not really into roleplaying very much), but I have written 56 pages of http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rnate-Universe and made a Twitter RP account of the version of Kael'thas from the story.
    Damn, you really want people to read that post a lot.

On-topic: No, although I have a few pages of introduction to my character in which I forward to people who ask about it when playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Re1nForce View Post
    Damn, you really want people to read that post a lot.
    Yeah, people talking about the story (suggestions, questions, comments, etc.) usually gives me ideas about what to write next, and writing is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Yeah, people talking about the story (suggestions, questions, comments, etc.) usually gives me ideas about what to write next, and writing is fun.
    For Fantasy worlds I tend to agree and which Kael'thas are you on Twitter?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I did write a story of my current paladin blood elf Velshin before even becoming a paladin. You can count it as a background story for the character. The story is at 25 pages and I always keep it in my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    For Fantasy worlds I tend to agree and which Kael'thas are you on Twitter?
    @AUSunKing as well as @20thToServe so Kael'thas from my story, as well as Dath'Remar from MU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I did write a story of my current paladin blood elf Velshin before even becoming a paladin. You can count it as a background story for the character. The story is at 25 pages and I always keep it in my desk.
    I still haven't done Aeluron here. Sadly. I mean he's only in the beginning.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Come to think of it I have actually written one short story based on the Forsaken but I am too shy to want to share it here lol.

I did a story a long time ago for my mage, back when WoW was in Vanilla/early TBC (125 pages, that's right 125), then I realized how Mary Sue my character seemed and stopped. I did post several chapters back on the WoW forums back when it was in its old format. I have gone back and tried to edit a few points but the story seems so dated now with how much woW has changed and revolves alot around Dalaran and its absence.

I have been tempted to write a few short stories on my alts and also have started several but I don't seem to have the determination to finish them. I write a few paragraphs, stop, then start anew. When something comes up who knows. There's so much exposed lore in WoW to write a short story you really only need to choose a simple structure and a tiny area of lore and voila.
    Last edited by Orby; 2014-08-24 at 01:15 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, I have made quite a lot. I like to be able to produce a setting of where you stood, X marks the spot but you have to start from somewhere.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

yep I do.

/10char
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

7+ Year Old Account
    I do it for stuff I don't feel like roleplaying ingame. I had a character I killed off (race/faction changed) and he used to be a troll shaman, so using the Nagrand quests in TBC as the foundation I basically wrote about how he briefly worked with and sort of liked Garrosh, and went to try to talk him out of being...well, Garrosh, before the rebellion started. Then he got killed by the Kor'kron for his insolence. I wrote it out because I didn't think it would have worked as straight roleplay and I also used it to set up some things I wanted to do with another character.

I think I've written... three or four WoW stories total, usually when I need to kill someone off or explain a race change (if I feel like explaining it). I also once wanted to write stories for when my guild ran old raids, but I never did any after the first one I wrote about the guild taking down C'thun. It's a fun exercise and I like getting to do more things with my characters, but I have to be in the right mood to do it.