Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Yeah, I'm just surprised people are willing to believe Nora's story, even if they ignore the possible holes (like having a way to return to the other side, but somehow keeping it a total secret). This show has been filled with a number of events that could be seen as supernatural, but I don't think any of them have been explicit enough to not have a possible natural explanation.

Kevin's poison could have not been actual poison. He could have been lucky and simply survived the gunshot. His visions could be explained as simple hallucinations or dreams or something like that. Jarden could have had actual departures that were covered up. Mary could have simply woken up. David Burton was probably just a regular dude. Nora never went to another side.

I think the only truly inexplicable event in the show is the sudden departure. For the other stuff, where do you draw the line on what you believe and what you don't? That's why I think any further explanation wouldn't serve the show in any way. It would defeat the point.
    Last edited by Kennyloggins; 2017-06-05 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    Yeah, I'm just surprised people are willing to believe Nora's story, even if they ignore the possible holes (like having a way to return to the other side, but somehow keeping it a total secret).
    I think you missed the point... there is no "other side", there is only the side she was on. Would you be able to throw away everything you have now to simply be with those you've lost in the last 7 years ? Knowing that your loss will hurt everyone that you *haven't* lost in that time ? It'd be a painfully impossible choice for most, one that people would sooner disbelieve than have to make.

I think the only truly inexplicable event in the show is the sudden departure. For the other stuff, where do you draw the line on what you believe and what you don't? That's why I think any further explanation wouldn't serve the show in any way. It would defeat the point.
    pretty much what I got from the show. its not about showing you the truth of things, its about showing you several truths and forcing you to choose.

the most blatant of which was when the man who believed himself to be god "played god" for whatever reason, and killed another... and he in turn was slain by someone else's god... who in turn was slain as well.

I am constantly reminded of Heinlein's 'Stranger in a Strange Land'... "Thou Art God".

Kevin is the most powerful man in the world. His World. He can make his own reality once he determines his own beliefs.

By switching to Nora at the end, it makes an elegant change to this... as she is forced to question her own beliefs.

Its not the best of final episodes... it certainly suits the series... and as the episode summary explains it "explains nothing and everything"... but at least its better than Lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just starting season 3, I'm expecting greatness.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-06-11 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Just starting season 3, I'm expecting greatness.
    Expect confusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Expect confusion.
    Properties that can coexist.