A Series of Unfortunate Events

it would appear Netflix has a new series based on the work of Lemony Snickets. I always enjoyed the motion picture and have read a bit of the books in the past and is great to see it coming to life again. the cast seems to be working fairly well together and NPH portrayal of Count Olaf is spot on from the picture I get in my head. Also Patrick Warburton playing the narrator/Lemony Snickets is spot on. only a few episodes in but it has been great so far.

I feel like this thread is a bit late to the party unless there's region locks on these shows and you are just getting it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I feel like this thread is a bit late to the party unless there's region locks on these shows and you are just getting it now.
    I didn't see a previous thread, and just came across it personally on Netflix, just got into Netflix not long ago too been plenty busy with Hulu and Xfinity on demand.

Deleted
    Watched a few episodes off it but think i quit watching because all the characters where a bunch of idiots. That would probably be the point off it all but i couldn't let it go so to speak.

I liked the show a lot. There is a certain ambition to it and gusto that I admired in a television show. Came off as a something ABC would chance run occasion in the late 90s.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have watched it all, and as a reader of the series when I was younger, it seemed to stick to the source materiel from what I remember. The second/last episode was great.

NPH as Olaf just steals the show, he really pulls it off great.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Watched a few episodes off it but think i quit watching because all the characters where a bunch of idiots. That would probably be the point off it all but i couldn't let it go so to speak.
    After two episodes, my only thought was "is this real life? Because if so, this dude would be in prison. For a long long time." After that, I just gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    It's not. All adults are dismissive and buffoonish because that is the way children perceive adults. That's not a flaw of the show, it's how the story's world works.

buffoonish is the appropriate description. also I think it tends to play on the trope of children are to be seen and not heard/egos of adults Ie we are adults we know what were doing.

I also love the dr. Seuss meets Victorian feel of the videography/cgi