Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New Legendary item is a ring

Game Text #86964 - In all my years, Gul'dan is the craftiest, most diabolical foe I have ever encountered. I hold myself accountable for his release.
    Game Text #86965 - We MUST find and eliminate Gul'dan and his nascent Shadow Council network.
    Game Text #86966 - With your help, I can track him down. I will ask a great deal of you. I will task you to the very edge of your abilities.
    Game Text #86967 - But I will also help you as much as I am able. Together we will create for you an artifact of legendary power.
    Game Text #86968 - With a core forged from the heart of Draenor's sun, this ring is a foundation upon which we will build a wonder.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

There was also fudgehammer. So maybe more than one this time around?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they wont make another expansion-long, mandatory for raiding - legendary quest chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    I just hope they wont make another expansion-long, mandatory for raiding - legendary quest chain.

I feel like "This ring is a foundation" implies that it will be.

Plus there are a fuckton of legendary mats from all areas of raiding so...

Interesting, but kinda sad that it seems it won't be a weapon again :x

Or it could be a quest item?

Its not the "final" legendary however. Remember we had legendary weapons in early MOP too.

Honestly wish they would make a legendary, on use, trinket. Something cool on like a 10 minute cooldown, that resets on death. The ideas they could come up with would be pretty cool.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Its not the "final" legendary however. Remember we had legendary weapons in early MOP too.
    I remember that, Wrathion was cleanse the Sha touched weapons

legendary cape, while kinda cool, was very very lackluster compared to legendary weapons.

Making a legendary ring is taking the horrible idea of a legendary cape and making it worse. Also making it available to lfr was a bad idea. I myself do nothing but LFR and I got the cape on 3 characters. That isn't legendary, it's just free loot as a reward for playing on a semi weekly basis. It didn't feel cool at all when I got the cape it felt like bleh finally done.

When I got shadowmourne in wotlk it felt incredible, it was bad freaking ass dude. I remember when our guild first got thunderfury, sulfuras, and val'anyr. It was very exciting, the cape just isn't.

Feels like blizzard is just recycling ideas and not coming up with anything original.
    Last edited by Zylos; 2014-07-25 at 02:58 AM.

I believe they said they are planning on doing another legendary like the Cloak and one that is more like the daggers

Seriously, call it what it is. A epic ring. Heck, give it its own catagory. Call it leet or superior epic. Its not A legendary when everyone can get it, doing any raid mode, from a quest. Legendary is exclusive, not a quest item anyone and everyone gets. I have never had a legendary. I played a tank since wrath and they never had a legendary tanking item in that time frame.

I do not want or like the idea of this. It was annoying and a hassle to do the last legendary quest. It forced me to do activities to obtain it that I do not care to take part in such as LFR to catch up, or the bg's. It was neither hard nor challenging. It was tedious. Nothing more.

At least the legendary staff was a challenge. It required not only the owner, but the raid to take part in tasks that made the easy encounters harder. The same goes for the daggers, but that was a bigger challenge for the rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Seriously, call it what it is. A epic ring. Heck, give it its own catagory. Call it leet or superior epic. Its not A legendary when everyone can get it, doing any raid mode, from a quest. Legendary is exclusive, not a quest item anyone and everyone gets. I have never had a legendary. I played a tank since wrath and they never had a legendary tanking item in that time frame.

I do not want or like the idea of this. It was annoying and a hassle to do the last legendary quest. It forced me to do activities to obtain it that I do not care to take part in such as LFR to catch up, or the bg's. It was neither hard nor challenging. It was tedious. Nothing more.

At least the legendary staff was a challenge. It required not only the owner, but the raid to take part in tasks that made the easy encounters harder. The same goes for the daggers, but that was a bigger challenge for the rogue.
    They should honestly make the quest given legendary, a "legendary" enchant. It shouldnt be so powerful like the capes were in comparison to SOO capes.

I wouldnt mind if we had no actual legendary this expansion. It was never anything special, other than a balancing nightmare.
    Chronomancer Club

Sounds like that's Khadgar speaking, based on the intro chain?

It might also be one of those temporary rewards like the sha socket and gem from the early parts of the MoP legendary chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    I hope it is an expansion-long quest chain. There was more in-game lore attached to the Cape than anything else in the game.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I hope it is an expansion-long quest chain. There was more in-game lore attached to the Cape than anything else in the game.
    Agreed. I'd be very disappointed if they went back to the old way of doing legendaries which was just flat out bad design.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    You do not need an artificial grind to have cool lore rich quests.

If the legendary cape quests, didnt require you to collect runestones and secrets for months before moving on, it would be the same thing.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    It didn't feel cool at all when I got the cape it felt like bleh finally done.
    it felt "bleh" because all it was, was farming and hoping for the RNG gods to smile in your favor. you spent 90% of your time waiting in queue, and slodging thru LFR. its not that LFR shouldnt be a part of the questline, but that the questline itself should be more engaging. asking you to actually DO something legendary or challenging during the fights. use X spell at Y time, or soak some boss ability using your defensives, or something besides <kill this boss without doing anything out of the ordinary and wait for RNG to help you>.

if you didnt have to spend so much time farming pathetic mats, it probably wouldnt have felt so "bleh" to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    it felt "bleh" because all it was, was farming and hoping for the RNG gods to smile in your favor. you spent 90% of your time waiting in queue, and slodging thru LFR. its not that LFR shouldnt be a part of the questline, but that the questline itself should be more engaging. asking you to actually DO something legendary or challenging during the fights. use X spell at Y time, or soak some boss ability using your defensives, or something besides <kill this boss without doing anything out of the ordinary and wait for RNG to help you>.

if you didnt have to spend so much time farming pathetic mats, it probably wouldnt have felt so "bleh" to get.
    then it couldn't be done in LFR, shadowmourne was basically done in the way you described, now imagine every LFR scrub going oh i need to do this to get my quest done guys so we're going to do the boss this way or i'll whine and try wipe you.

it's the price you pay for LFR there must be nothing engaging in questlines that can be done inside LFR just extra facerolling.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Agreed. I'd be very disappointed if they went back to the old way of doing legendaries which was just flat out bad design.
    they've said a few times they wanted to do a cloak style legendary AND a class specific one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    The above doesn't apply to every other awesome legendary before it, however. Farming pathetic mats for those felt AWESOME.