Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd like to know why a few realms are down that have nothing to do with realm connections this morning.

so, instead of giving 1 day, they took 1 day from me, motherfuckers.

it was supposed to end august 4 my subscription, and now will end august 3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by albar45 View Post
    What I want to know is why it can affect WOW being off-line all day now but apparently not Diablo which is up & running?
    Post 24 here has this. https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/491707474140200960

If they are upgrading hardware it's only going to effect WoW. Most likely additional infrastructure to support the new continents, garrisons, etc.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

7+ Year Old Account
    So not only was there 16 hours on Tuesday, there was additonal maintenance for some servers on Thursday and for roughly 3 hours on top of that no one could log in due to blizzard being unprepared for a power outage. On top of this, SATURDAY maintenance which for all we know could end up getting extended to who knows how long as well. Go figure.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It affects everyone, it is Oceanic Prime time gaming on a Saturday Night.

it does not happen often, sure its annoying, but there is loads of other things to do in RL then play WoW
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleurette View Post
    I could see the possibility if there was close to a 24 hour maintenance, but with 16 hours? highly doubt it.
    For some its turned into 24+hours...16+ on Tuesday, then some realms connected on Thursday of the same week those realms being connected had 8+ hours of downtime , now add in possible 4+ hours today of being down...so yeah those folks are getting hit for over 24 hours then.

Deleted
    they dont give us that anymore, in vanilla/bc it could happen that servers where offline for days

The servers are down again ? (US)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    so blizzard become now greed?
    not really, but there is a life outside of wow. its called real life & thats where im heading right now.
    try it, you may be pleasantly surprised by what you might find.

^ Yup

Strange for a Saturday

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    The servers are down again ? (US)
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Do you call the cable company and demand a free day when the cable goes out? How about demanding a refund on your ticket when the movie doesn't start right at the time specified? Do you demand your admission price be refunded at an amusement park when one of the rides goes offline? Your one of those people that demands your whole meal be comped when you didn't like the breadsticks, aren't you? You folks must be a joy to socialize with, I tell ya.

I've had 20 free days since launch and none since 2009 so I doubt they still do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    so, instead of giving 1 day, they took 1 day from me, motherfuckers.

it was supposed to end august 4 my subscription, and now will end august 3
    I'm quite sure you can sue them in small claims court and demand back the $0.50 value you lost.
    Then again, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    I'm quite sure you can sue them in small claims court and demand back the $0.50 value you lost.
    Then again, maybe not.
    Small claims has to be over 50.00 I believe.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Then again, maybe not.
    Would cost more to do so, though. Heh.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Rarely did they ever give us a free day back in vanilla. There were a bunch around release, but patch day maintenance is always expected and accounted for.
    I remember getting a few extra days about every major patch. Simply because shit would break EVERY time. So we must have been playing at different times. That stopped in TBC though.

Deleted
    Last exempt I got is from 2008, they were mostly given for multiple days of unplanned downtime/-issues
    Hasn't happened very much since then it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post
    That's quite an attitude for someone paying 15$ to play WoW which I presume you do because you think the servers will be up, or do you just love Blizzard so much you would give them 15$ for nothing?
    Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. We're talking about less than a day of maintenance, not a whole month. If anybody is mad about approximately 50 cents, they should call Blizzard and complain. The rest of us will do something else while things are down.

As a side note, some people in this thread have serious entitlement issues.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    If anybody is mad about approximately 50 cents, they should call Blizzard and complain. The rest of us will do something else while things are down.
    They're not mad about 50 cents... they're mad about the fact that they just got out of bed or came home from work/school and were excited to play some WoW but couldn't because of extended downtime. (Today the servers seem to be down for no reason at all)

A disappointment remains a disappointment regardless of how insanely awesome your real life is.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2014-07-26 at 05:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's really awful, everyone thought this maintenance was to fix issues with the game/boosts and etc like mentioned in one of the threads a dev made.. BUT pretty much none of them seem fixed and even more problems cropped up!(Go figure.) Seems like this w eek nothing can go right for them, it's pretty frustrating since I STILL am unable to play.