Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What are your goals in life?

What do you strive for in your lives?

Personally what matters most to me is being successful, respected, honest and loved. I always wanted to do important stuff like helping people, becoming some crazy scientist and discover or invent neat stuff, but nowadays I've come to accept that perhaps it was foolish to believe that one man can really make a difference.

I want to feel like people, well I don't wanna say depend on me, but value me. I wanna feel like people are glad that I'm there. I'd love to have a couple of kids one day, I think I'd make a great father. To be honest, I had a rough childhood, my parents never really cared about me. Having a functional, loving family one day is very important to me, because I've never experienced anything like it.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-07-22 at 10:28 PM.

Don't really have any. I'm just killing time until I die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Killing time until next meal
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Win WOW

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before I die, I would like to have any kids I may of have to have a better life growing up then I did. I didn't have a bad life, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be better whether it be having a better house, better quality of living, and just better off financially.

Maybe if I'm lucky, do enough hard work, and played it smart the next generation of my family won't be poor folk. (I know, coming from a guy on a computer. We got some nice stuff.)

Oh and starting a business or be a landlord -- something tangible to leave behind and teach the trade to those I hold close.
    Last edited by Conspicuous Cultist; 2014-07-23 at 12:00 AM.

Money and hidden fame.

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Just sitting here, watching time go.

Nothing really.

Right now, priority one is qualifying for the Boston Marathon, which means running a sub 3:05. That's a pretty good short term goal. In the grander scheme of things, the only things I particularly emphasize are family, friends, and living an honest life.

Deleted
    I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.

I do not have any.
    Single, no chance of that changing, no kids, no pets.

I work whenever I can since it consumes time and most other things seem lacking now. Games do not have the hold they used to, lost all my friends to drugs or burnt ties with them on purpose.

There is no real method for what I do these days, if I'm dead tomorrow nothing major will change for anyone, hopefully they can make sense of my paperwork I leave behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    A large goal of mine is to become a doctor of mathematics or physics. It'll take another eight years, but

• I'm hugely interested in my areas of study
    • I'll get four degrees during that time (B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.Lic and Ph.D), which means I'll get a nice motivational boost every now and then, and
    • doctoral students at my university are well paid

so there's really no reason not to go for it. I'm currently studying mathematics, both my B.Sc and M.Sc will be in mathematics, but I'm interested in working with clean energy in the future; it's a very interesting area which will most probably be highly relevant and important during my whole life. For that reason, I'm considering switching to physics at some point. If that would require me to spend an extra year after my M.Sc taking advanced courses in physics so that I'm eligible to become a doctoral student in physics, then so be it. But we'll see what happens.

Outside of my studies, I want to get married, get two or three children, live abroad for at least a year, travel to a lot of countries in several different areas of the world, learn at least one more language such as French or Mandarin aaaaand learn as much as possible in general, actually. We'll see what I have time, energy and money for, I bet you think that I'm overly optimistic and even naive to set such high goals. :')
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    [neat stuff]... I bet you think that I'm overly optimistic and even naive to set such high goals. :')
    Nope, sounds like a pretty good plan. I think the primary driver of people saying otherwise is knowing they couldn't pull it off and being envious.

10+ Year Old Account
    To have a happy job, to own my own house, and to be completely self-sustainable and not dependent on others in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.
    I remember what my dad and stepmom used to tell me. No matter what it is or how long I have done it anyone will do it better than me on their first try.

I want to become the world's saltiest envelope.

The same thing I do every night. Try to take over the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    To grow a mighty beard and to swing a giant axe at people I don't like.
    Also world domination, just because.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I want to become the world's saltiest envelope.
    I licked a lot of things in my life, I'll lick you and see if I can vouch you for that.
    Last edited by Conspicuous Cultist; 2014-07-23 at 02:56 AM.