Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warlords of Draenor Beta Patch Notes Update - July 22

Hearthstone - The Curse of Naxxramas Now Live!

Priest Tier 17 Armor Sets, New Area in Stormwind, Blue Posts, Curse of Naxxramas

Warlords of Draenor Beta Patch Notes Update - July 22
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Raid Utility Balance
    • Hunter
      • Aspect of the Fox is a new ability for all Hunters.
        • Aspect of the Fox: Party and raid members within 40 yards take on the aspects of a fox, allowing them to move while casting all spells for 6 seconds. Only one Aspect can be active at a time. 3 minute cooldown.
      • A minor Raid utility ability (to-be-determined) will be added for Hunters.

Death Knight
    Miscellaneous
    • Conversion no longer has an initial tick, and now costs 15 Runic Power/second for Blood, 10 20 Runic Power/second for Frost, and 20 10 Runic Power/second for Unholy.

Druid
    Ability Consolidation and Refinement
    • Thick Hide has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into Bear Form for Guardian Druids.
      • Bear Form now increases armor by 600% 330% for all Druid specializations, and no longer increases Haste and Critical Strike from items by 50%, but instead causes Haste to reduce the global cooldown
      • For Guardian Druids, Bear Form now also reduces magical damage taken by 25%, reduces physical damage taken by 12%, reduces chance to be critically hit by 6%, and reduces chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
    • Tiger’s Fury is now usable during Berserk.

Summary of changes to Balance:
    That's the basics of the new Moonkin rotation. There’s room for improvement beyond that, learning to optimally maintain both periodic damage effects while maximizing their damage with the strongest Eclipse effect, timing Starsurge to optimize the benefit of its buff, make use of Starfall and Hurricane for area damage, and taking advantage of the strengths of each side (such as Moonfire and Sunfire having significant differences now). Here are the full details of the changes.

Details of changes to Balance:
    • Eclipse has been redesigned.
      • The damage of damage-over-time effects changes dynamically as Eclipse changes.
    • Moonfire now has a base duration of 20 seconds (up from 14 seconds), but is no longer extended by Starfire and Starsurge critical strikes. Upon reaching 100 Lunar Energy, the next Moonfire deals 100% additional initial damage.
    • Sunfire is no longer its own spell and replaces Moonfire on the action bar whenever Balance Energy is on the Solar side. Sunfire now has a base duration of 24 20 seconds (up from 14 seconds), but is no longer extended by Wrath and Starsurge critical strikes. Enemies may still suffer from both Moonfire and Sunfire’s periodic damage components simultaneously. Upon reaching 100 Solar Energy, the next Sunfire deals 100% additional initial damage.

Restoration Changes

Mage
    Talent Revisions
    • Ice Ward was changed to make it more competitive with the rest of its talent row. Ice Ward now causes the next 3 attackers (up from 1) to trigger a Frost Nova.

One of the most problematic Talent rows in the game has been the Mage level-90 row. The primary theme of the row was mana, which only Arcane Mages actually cared about. Bonus damage was added in, making it functional for all Mages, but muddled in its goals. Additionally, some of them just weren't fun to play with. We've revised the row to be purely about damage, and made them have less maintenance cost. Arcane Mages will have enough mana regeneration without these Talents to perform well.

• Mirror Image is now a level-90 Talent, replacing Invocation. Mirror Image now inherit 100% 50% of the Mage’s Spell Power (up from 5%), last 40 seconds (up from 30 seconds), and have a 2 minutes cooldown (down from 3 minutes).

Paladin
    There were a few mergers of passive abilities, and some tweaks to a couple of abilities.

Protection Changes
    For Protection, we tweaked Eternal Flame in order to reduce its massive self-healing amount, and provide better balance between talents on that row. We also added a new passive, Shining Protector, in order to give defensive value to the new Multistrike stat. Holy Wrath’s damage and cooldown were also increased, and Sanctified Wrath changed to buff it further, in order to give Protection Paladins more burst threat and damage, while retaining its core damage-splitting identity.

• Holy Wrath’s damage has been increased by 100%, and its cooldown increased to 15 seconds (up from 9 seconds).
    • Sanctified Wrath for Protection Paladins has been redesigned.

Warlock
    Demonology Changes
    We were unsatisfied with Grimoire of Sacrifice for Demonology. Fundamentally, it did not fit Demonology’s theme to sacrifice their pet, full time. We had toyed with ideas where it acted as a temporary cooldown for Demonology, but have decided to replace it with a new talent, which is more theme-appropriate, and fits well against the competition in that talent row.

• Grimoire of Sacrifice is no longer available to Demonology Warlocks and has a new talent, Grimoire of Synergy in its place.
      • Grimoire of Synergy: When the Warlock or their demon deals damage, there is a chance to trigger Demonic Synergy, granting the other one 15% increased damage for 15 seconds.

Warrior
    • Thunder Clap now costs 15 30 Rage, and also reduces the movement speed of nearby enemies by 50% for 6 sec.
    • Ultimatum’s effects have been merged into baseline Shield Slam.

Fury Changes
    Fury Warriors received a few additional changes. In particular, Heroic Strike has been removed for Fury Warriors, and modified Wild Strike to fill the role of quick excess Rage dump. We also made a revision to the Critical Strike chance of Bloodthirst to make them less crit-dependant. A new glyph has been added which gives Fury Warriors a choice for a notably different playstyle. Auto attack damage had become too high, so we also moved some damage from that into Execute (which has been changed to deal damage based on Weapon Damage, instead of just Attack Power). In order to make sure that you’re able to spend all of your resources within each Colossus Smash window, we added an extension to it onto Raging Blow. Plus, we've updated some to spell alerts to improve usability.

Last edited by chaud; 2014-07-22 at 11:35 PM.

My poor conversion

Aspect of the Fox is rather useful for casters. I worry though that Hunters without macro will mistakenly activate Aspect of the Wild and screw up the raid lol

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL that mirror image change. that is going to be funny stuff in arena if thats worded right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscerate View Post
    Aspect of the Fox is rather useful for casters. I worry though that Hunters without macro will mistakenly activate Aspect of the Wild and screw up the raid lol
    Wasn't Aspect of the Wild removed like.. ages ago?

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Wasn't Aspect of the Wild removed like.. ages ago?
    I think he/she meant Aspect of the pack

I keep seeing so very little in the way of news about resto druids...and everything I do see is either uninteresting or bad.

Oooh, interesting raid utility for us huntards. o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    My poor conversion
    seriously T_T wasnt the original conversion rate 10 instant and 10 per? people complained that it was useless because of how high the cost was for how low the heal is and thats why they reduced it's cost now they're ramping it up even higher than originally hell even twice of what it was?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceroluthor View Post
    seriously T_T wasnt the original conversion rate 10 instant and 10 per? people complained that it was useless because of how high the cost was for how low the heal is and thats why they reduced it's cost now they're ramping it up even higher than originally hell even twice of what it was?
    They are doing that because it had a 100% uptime for blood, and that was massively overpowered. Runic power generation is higher than before, as far as I can tell.

Damn no monk news :/

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    They are doing that because it had a 100% uptime for blood, and that was massively overpowered. Runic power generation is higher than before, as far as I can tell.
    Its still a bummer for all the other specs, as blood all self heals will generate absorbs at least.

So was there a patch? My build still shows 18566.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    So was there a patch? My build still shows 18566.
    Mine too.. i'we checked spell changes for Guardian and Fury, and nothing changed. Maybe they will hit servers one of these days.

Theres also a bug with prot wars and gladiator stance, apparently if you are speced into gladiator stance, you have it active and change spec to fury/arms you will stay in gladiator stance.

Shame to see pet-less demo locks done away with

Loving that mirror image change for PvE...naturally because of PvP it won't stay that way.

"Raid utility" .... well ..... yeah .... sure.

What a disgusting Aspect design...

WOW the bear buffs. Its damn near impossible to kill a bear in RBGs as is. This will make it totally impossible.

Holy Wrath is our new Melee Execute for Prot if you tie it with it's glyphs (+50% damage on targets below 20% Health, and it's Single Target Glyph). Which I have no problem for.
    Then they nerfed Sanctified Wrath to an ability that can only ever activate about 2-3 times depending on Melee Haste. (4 times being that we get to 50% Melee Haste). I have a problem with this because this was my 2nd choice after they nerfed Divine Purpose to only effect healing abilities. It's a nice 'Oh Sh-' heal with DP Talent but looks like I am rolling with Holy Avenger