Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde View Post
    Mods, do not listen to him. Do not give us up or downvotes on these forums. It ruins everything. Up/Downvotes tells the viewer what they should or should not read. We are a democracy. Everyone deserves an equal voice. The frequency of something actually being good or bad varies not on if something is actually good or bad, but on the attitude of those reading and their motivations to upvote or downvote. Please, do not add this functionality. Everything is fine now the way it is.
    I just meant like Facebook likes or Twitter favourites. Nothing to do with downvotes.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    make it 1$ lololol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Blizzard has been running WoW for 10 years without a single increase in sub price. I'd say they've already lowered it by virtue of not increasing it as costs have gone up AND subscribers have gone down.
    costs haven't gone up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yup salaries and energy costs have decreased massively. Not.
    Actually, I could educate you if you have the time, about how salaries haven't gone up. Not nearly enough across the board. and yes, energy costs have.

buuuuut costs of items are controlled by the invisible hand (for the most part) people who say inflation, are generally stupid and took a high school economics class. The cost is 15 because people are willing to pay 15. I'm not, so I go 6 months at a time at 12 a month.

This is all that controls costs. inflation happens when people make more and are willing to spend more, more than anything. (though today people don't worry about cost changes as much as they should)

For instance, if a dollar cheese burger, was suddenly, 2 dollars.. would you still buy it? not likely. (I hope) so, the price would lower. or. they would try something else
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-07-24 at 07:51 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    So wait, the lack of a subscription increase across the entire board of MMOs relies solely on Blizzard's choice to make money in other ways?
    I know you think you are making a logical argument, but you really don't seem to have a basic understanding of what inflation is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badcamel View Post
    I know you think you are making a logical argument, but you really don't seem to have a basic understanding of what inflation is.
    And you have only a basic understanding, so you have no authority on the subject.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    And you have only a basic understanding, so you have no authority on the subject.
    Since I haven't stated anything about my understanding on it, you are assuming, in an attempt to lure me. No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badcamel View Post
    Since I haven't stated anything about my understanding on it, you are assuming, in an attempt to lure me. No thanks.
    No, telling Abstieg his point was irrelevant is proof you have only a basic understanding.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-07-24 at 07:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not think you know what inflation is.
    Um no, I think I do...

And yet nothing comparable (e.g. game subscriptions) have gone up to match this. I wonder why?
    Um...they are not only relying on the sub cost anymore, they are using shop services and etc, hence it should be keeping the cost of subbing down.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    costs haven't gone up.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I could educate you if you have the time, about how salaries haven't gone up. Not nearly enough across the board. and yes, energy costs have.

buuuuut costs of items are controlled by the invisible hand (for the most part) people who say inflation, are generally stupid and took a high school economics class. The cost is 15 because people are willing to pay 15. I'm not, so I go 6 months at a time at 12 a month.

This is all that controls costs. inflation happens when people make more and are willing to spend more, more than anything. (though today people don't worry about cost changes as much as they should)

For instance, if a dollar cheese burger, was suddenly, 2 dollars.. would you still buy it? not likely. (I hope) so, the price would lower. or. they would try something else
    I agree with you, wages have not increased for a while. If anything they need to be increased. Let bring up some fun graphs.

So while we have even been more productive, we have not been able to increase wages the same way, so it hurts the reason of why blizzard would increase the sub cost.

And nothing would be wrong buying a 2 dollar cheese burger as long as it is more of quality than the 1$ one. I buy expensive burgers all the time...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

So wait, the lack of a subscription increase across the entire board of MMOs relies solely on Blizzard's choice to make money in other ways?
    Actually, yes. When your objective in the market is to compete with the market leader, you don't do that by pricing yourself above them. Untill Blizzard decides to increase sub fees (or WoW gets knocked off the MMO Throne), quite literally nobody else in the industry is going to price their subscription based MMO at a higher monthly fee then WoW. Doing so would be monumentally stupid, unless you are 100% sure that your product is an AAAA+ WoW killer that people will literally kill and die for.