Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Only counts if you killed it with a sword/blade.

Fixed. But seriously though, wish I had as much money as he did.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Shangshang View Post
    It sucks because it just hurts the environment and shows how deluded and self absorbed some people can be.
    You unknowingly do many things to hurt our environment as well just be living in the "civilized" world, we all do, and much worse and long lasting damage than shooting some animal. His stupid hobby has no affect on my life or 99.99% of people on Earth, so I don't care really. He thinks it's cool, so fine. We're all killing the Earth in our own special ways, him spending 500k to kill an elephant is just a bit more opulent than how you or I are destroying things. I love animals too, but screw it, most all of those animals in the pictures would probably be dead by now regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    It looks like the sitting bear is having sex with the standing one
    Yeah, I noticed that. I'm hoping that's just an effect of the angle of the shot.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that. I'm hoping that's just an effect of the angle of the shot.
    The standing one is in the back beneath the American Bison, its just where I'm standing.

ITT we quickly learn a lot of peoples ignorance in how hunting these high price animals actually helps ensure they survive in the wild.

How do you think wildlife parks and refugees in third world countries are funded? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbert the View Post
    You unknowingly do many things to hurt our environment as well just be living in the "civilized" world, we all do, and much worse and long lasting damage than shooting some animal. His stupid hobby has no affect on my life or 99.99% of people on Earth, so I don't care really. He thinks it's cool, so fine. We're all killing the Earth in our own special ways, him spending 500k to kill an elephant is just a bit more opulent than how you or I are destroying things. I love animals too, but screw it, most all of those animals in the pictures would probably be dead by now regardless.
    Well yah, of course everyone does things to hurt the environment, but I personally do go out of the way to limit my effects. Imagine how worse off the world would be if everyone was like fuck it. Let's stop recycling and cleaning up after ourselves because we already made a mess anyway. I just don't think that way of thinking is very logical. It's just detrimental and absolutist.

I don't really get the some animals wouldn't be alive anyway right now part either. I mean some of those animals live for 30+ years and some of them could of fed other animals to keep the ecosystem flowing. More alive animals that way = more animals for people to eat and survive. I think some people have a difficulty in understanding how things effect other things. Not everything is a straight line. For example: Some of the predators may keep the population of other animals in check that normally would destroy people's crops or carry diseases. People have less crops. People become poor. People get sick. Other people get sick.
    Last edited by Height; 2014-07-23 at 03:37 AM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there is no endangered animals, i'm fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    ITT we quickly learn a lot of peoples ignorance in how hunting these high price animals actually helps ensure they survive in the wild.

How do you think wildlife parks and refugees in third world countries are funded? lol
    Yeah, cause if it weren't for humans, they'd all be extinct, am i right? Nature never balances things out for itself. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Yeah, cause if it weren't for humans, they'd all be extinct, am i right? Nature never balances things out for itself. /sarcasm
    But there are humans. What is your point?

Humans are part of nature too derp

10+ Year Old Account
    The man defiantly has a little dick. Trophy hunting is for douche bags and I find it totally revolting. As someone said I'm sure a lot of those we're "canned" hunts where the poor animal is trapped and the " brave and mighty hunter" boldly shoots it from the safety of a jeep or helicopter.or it' been tranquilized. Great rich asshole with too much money on his hands. He should be putting that money towards animal conservation...not animal slaughter. If he were doing it to feed his family that's one thing.....eat what you kill...but to do it to show off is......is.....is enough to get me real pissed off. if you see him again kick him in the nuts for me. End of rant

1, That is one of the most appalling interior design I have ever seen. Somehow I don't find dead things to make an interesting wall decoration.

2, On principle I find the practice of trophy hunting disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fixed. But seriously though, wish I had as much money as he did.
    Swords are meant for killing humans. The thrust of a spear is the only thing with enough speed and power to actually hit and penetrate an animal in melee. They will either be too fast and dodgy (small animals) or you wouldn't get to the organs quick enough and they would maul/gore the fuck out of you (large animals).
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

there truly must be some kind of god out there since the only people who get rich have fucked up interests like this. whatever that god is, it has a sick sense of humor.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Preety much like any other form of hunting or game.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    But there are humans. What is your point?

Humans are part of nature too derp
    We've messed that up too. Advances in medicine are great, saving lives and stuff, I've benefitted from it myself. On the other hand, it has led to over population in humans.

As for trophy hunting, or hunting for bragging rights, I'm against it save in cases like deer, stuff that's over populated (usually because we kill off their natural predators, we are pretty good at ruining balances). Hunt to eat? Fantastic, have at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    several questions come to mind in order to validate this situation.

first: for each animal killed what, was the date it was hunted on? i ask because some animals might not have been considered so rare many years ago. populations change as well as regulations.

second: does he only hunt one of a species and then no more? since some of the rare animals dont need to be constantly hunted just for the "thrill", however some others such as deer or antelope or whatever, can sustain being hunted within the guidelines set by the host nation.

third: were the animals hunted fairly? meaning they didnt sedate the animal, crate it up, take it some place, and wait for the guy to get his gun loaded and ready before they open the crate so he can blast away? i hate crate hunting, its such a bitch move and anybody that calls that hunting is a p%*&y for it.

these are important questions for me to know the answers to before i can have a fair opinion on the subject either way.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-07-23 at 03:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    We've messed that up too. Advances in medicine are great, saving lives and stuff, I've benefitted from it myself. On the other hand, it has led to over population in humans.

As for trophy hunting, or hunting for bragging rights, I'm against it save in cases like deer, stuff that's over populated (usually because we kill off their natural predators, we are pretty good at ruining balances). Hunt to eat? Fantastic, have at it.

Over population of humans? Yeah I'm sorry but that's bullshit.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    The man defiantly has a little dick. Trophy hunting is for douche bags and I find it totally revolting. As someone said I'm sure a lot of those we're "canned" hunts where the poor animal is trapped and the " brave and mighty hunter" boldly shoots it from the safety of a jeep or helicopter.or it' been tranquilized. Great rich asshole with too much money on his hands. He should be putting that money towards animal conservation...not animal slaughter. If he were doing it to feed his family that's one thing.....eat what you kill...but to do it to show off is......is.....is enough to get me real pissed off. if you see him again kick him in the nuts for me. End of rant
    I bet you wouldn't say this to his face. People like you, who talk about dick sizes etc etc are generally some of the biggest wussies I've ever met.