Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Nearly 100 packs and just 1 legendary....

I play since beta and bought (w. gold and money) nearly 100 packs and still just got 1 legendary (the beast)....

Are legendery those rare or do i just have bad luck?

When i watch other open their packs it seems they got a legendary each second booster...

Best pack i got this time contained 1 epic, 1 gold rare, 2 rare and 1 common (to be seen on 0:47).

Gonna catch 'em all.... dammit!!!

They are quite rare but come down to luck - I got 2-3 in my first 100 packs.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG I'm afraid. I've not gotten nearly 100 packs.. I'm probably at around 50 total, but I also only have 1 legendary.

I got 4 legendaries in a single pack once (1 pack, thats right) + a golden rare. It was when I was still new to the game. I thought deathwing was the best card in the game, so I disenchanted 3/4 of those legendaries. I thought bloodmage thalos was too weak to even think about saving, and who would want leeroy when the 2 adds he summons for the opponent just kill it after wards. Boy did I feel stupid later on.

I only got 1 legendary since then. Im pretty sure I used up the entirely of my luck opening that pack.
    Chronomancer Club

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    I got 4 legendaries in a single pack once (1 pack, thats right) + a golden rare. It was when I was still new to the game. I thought deathwing was the best card in the game, so I disenchanted 3/4 of those legendaries. I thought bloodmage thalos was too weak to even think about saving, and who would want leeroy when the 2 adds he summons for the opponent just kill it after wards. Boy did I feel stupid later on.

I only got 1 legendary since then. Im pretty sure I used up the entirely of my luck opening that pack.
    Haha. I ended up getting rag, one who while runs on rng, is a good all around minion. You have no idea how many times it has been 50/50 either I win or lose when I test my luck with rag, very fun to play.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    I got 4 legendaries in a single pack once (1 pack, thats right) + a golden rare.
    wat? is that like 1:100000000 and not counting golden one?

holy mother of god..I mean gratz

I make the odds of that happening around 0.6% - you are quite unlucky.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Well now you should have 2 legendaries since Maexxna is basically free. Buy the other wings and bam, thats like 5 more free legendaries

10+ Year Old Account
    damn dude that is bad rng, i've opened like 70 packs and i have 10 legendaries, and the good ones as well. just need thalnos and and fordring and i'll be a happy bird.

oh ya i didn't even realized i unpacked a golden baron gedden so that was cool too!

sorry man hope that you get better luck...or just use the dust to create the cards.
    Last edited by Darkrulerxxx; 2014-07-23 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    wat? is that like 1:100000000 and not counting golden one?

holy mother of god..I mean gratz
    It's actually about 390 times less likely than you expected (counting the golden rare), or 39 times less likely not counting. 1:39,062,500,000

Deleted
    Buying cards with cash is technically gambling. You have no guarantees of a 'payout'. If you can't accept this then clearly you have a problem. I would suggest going to gamblers anonymous or something similar if you spent that much money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only purchased packs for gold (and usually spend the gold on Arenas) so very small sample size (I estimate less than 50) and I have gotten 3 Legends from packs. I was lucky enough that they were a good crop...Alex, Rag, Cho...in order of reception. I've seen the odds of 1 in 20 bandied about online, but never seen any quoted proof.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GMB View Post
    I play since beta and bought (w. gold and money) nearly 100 packs and still just got 1 legendary (the beast)....

When i watch other open their packs it seems they got a legendary each second booster...

Best pack i got this time contained 1 epic, 1 gold rare, 2 rare and 1 common (to be seen on 0:47).

rng is rng....

I opened 20 packs today (been hoarding gold for no real reason!

Got 4 legendaries. Unfortunatly 2 were Grull....1 way sylvanus which I already have, and one was a golden Rag, which I have normal.

Still, that works out as Grul, + DE the extra Grull and Sylvanus and golden rag, so I can craft 2 legendaries of my choice

Oh, and i got an absurd number of aucheni soul priests....seamed like it was 1 per pack (ok, about 5 total, but still!)

Overall I dont track what I get, but I've opened loads of packs and sometimes its good, sometimes it sucks. I generally dont rely on legendaries, they are nice, but not essential as I dont play cheesetastic decks like miracle, so I'll get them when I get them.

I got a golden Rag and a non golden Tyrion on 2 straight packs.

Deleted
    RNG just loves to mess with people's heads

im on my 3th normal bloodmage 2nd golden (i shi* you not ) those are the only legendarys i get from pacs

I have no idea the amount of packs I opened but I got Hogger in a pack and got the last murloc needed for Murk Eye few weeks ago. Oh and I recently got a pack with a gold epic and Malygos so I was happy.

Never spent a penny on Hearthstone, got 2 Legendaries with my first packs from the single player game hah.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    i opened maybe 100 packs or even more and all i got is a single piece of ysera.

can't complain though, made me adept to a more simplistic game style.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GMB View Post

You must have had really bad luck. You usually average one legendary for every 15-20 packs or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Well now you should have 2 legendaries since Maexxna is basically free. Buy the other wings and bam, thats like 5 more free legendaries
    I also got the golden Mekkadrill (Beta) and Old Murk-Eye (wich you get after you obtained all murlocs at least once)....

I'm just surprised i got that much of bad luck.