Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Episode 4 was great. Pure comedy.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Also liked the episode, especially the banter between Ezra, Zeb and Chopper. Yet again, some nice references towards the old movies.

I thought they would show what they have done to the Tie Fighter in the end

Were they so far only on one planet? Seems like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    Yup, they keep coming back to Lothal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I really, really don't like how well-stablished the Empire already is. Considering this is supposed to take place between the prequels and the original triology, I felt like this would be a good time for the Empire to be finding it's feet.

Kind of disappointed how they jumped straight from "Palpatine being elected" to "Everyone has accepted and embraced an Imperial dictatorship".
    This is set 15 years after Revenge of the Sith, so 5 years before ANH. Luke would be a teenager, not that much older than Ezra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    Also liked the episode, especially the banter between Ezra, Zeb and Chopper. Yet again, some nice references towards the old movies.

I thought they would show what they have done to the Tie Fighter in the end

Seems logical to me. A small band of rebels with scarce ressources would not have a wide turf to operate on. Just making that ship fly must cost a lot. I suppose they will begin to go elsewhere when they will contact other rebel cells. I bet Organa will be the one making the connections.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    I bet that we will see the Tie Fighter again because it was quite obvious how they looked at each other when they "confessed" that they destroyed it.

The only thing that annoys me is how incompetent those stormtroopers are, but then again..nothing new there.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    The only thing that annoys me is how incompetent those stormtroopers are, but then again..nothing new there.
    It's true that it's nothing new, but the second (third?) episode pushed it to a pretty extreme level when Zeb charged into 7 or so of them in a large corridor without cover and they still all missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    It's true that it's nothing new, but the second (third?) episode pushed it to a pretty extreme level when Zeb charged into 7 or so of them in a large corridor without cover and they still all missed.
    Didn't Han charge into a room full of about twenty or so stormtroopers in the Death Star during A New Hope?

I think the only stormtrooper to ever actually hit someone was the scout trooper that tagged Leia's shoulder at Endor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Since the Empire has redirected the clone trooper program to other pursuits and stepped up recruiting inferior humans from the Outer Rim, the operational effectiveness of this army has declined significantly

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_trooper

Deleted
    Is ok i guess but if its the same people that made clone wars then why do the grapics suck compared to clones last seasons?

Just watched; not going to record it anymore. Way, way too childish/shallow/bland/crummy/whatever for me to get invested in. Sorry! Very disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm....new lightsaber...interesting.
    Reminds me of general grivius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I really, really don't like how well-stablished the Empire already is. Considering this is supposed to take place between the prequels and the original triology, I felt like this would be a good time for the Empire to be finding it's feet.

Kind of disappointed how they jumped straight from "Palpatine being elected" to "Everyone has accepted and embraced an Imperial dictatorship".
    Except that its very clear everyone hasn't "accepted and embraced an Imperial dictatorship". From market vendors to farmers, even on Lothal, a world under clear Imperial domination, people are rejecting the Empire, even though they have no realistic expectation of anything good happening when they do so.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    "Rise of the Old Masters" was a good episode. Those who wanted a darker tone should like it. The Inquisitor will be a good vilain. He's like Sherlock Holmes gone evil. I like how they make it difficult for Kanaan to train Ezra. He never was a full-fledged Jedi Knight afterall. They need to put some focus on Sabine. She's the weak character of the team. However, it's only the beginning of the show, so I guess we'll learn more about her.

I mean, the crew of the Ghost looks like a typical Five-Man Band :

Kanaan : The Leader, obviously.
    Zeb: The Big Guy, the one who is in the team more for his brawn than his brain (not that Zeb is an idiot).
    Hera : The Chick, the heart of the group, the moral support who keeps everyone together and resolves conflicts.
    Ezra : The Smart Kid, street saavy, cunning, often friend with the Big Guy (him and Zeb have already shared some adventures and the same room).

That leaves the Lancer, who should be Sabine. However, I don't see yet what character contrast she has with Kanaan to justify that.

Or it's not a Five-Man Band at all.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Think that was the best episode yet, I really liked the banter about the "do or do not, there is no try", the introduction of the villain and the light saber effects. Chopper is now easily my favorite character, reminds me of Old Republic's HK47 with his dark and twisted humor.

Sabine will eventually get the spot light, as well as Twilek mum

That said, I can understand if people who liked the last seasons of Clone Wars don't appeal to the show. It's overall lighter and will probably stay on that level. For me, it works definitely because they use a lot of unique easter eggs and I dig the ensemble.

Well, with tonights episode. I see they are willing to get dark. That's good, but they need another villain. Agent Kallus isn't really filling the role that Ventress held as the agent underling. The inquisitor is awesome, but we just need another.

First of all OP totally misrepresents the show, the demographic is more early-teens as there's a body count in the show and people die. I've only seen a few Clone Wars episodes cause they freaking dub it on tv here and I wasn't too fond of the art style which looks a lot more kiddy than Rebels IMO. Just really disappointed with how the wookies looked, really weighed on the otherwise pretty good overal feel of the episode.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dark tone achieved...Felt like something right out of the sith empire from the old republic. Then to see how nonchalant the inquisitor was about the ordeal and how much of a help Luminara had been in brining in jedi..made it all the more sinister feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm the new episode shows how they get recruts. I wouldnt be suprised if the top ones are getting trained for a sith.

Those guys from Jedi outcast:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shot...on-windows.jpg
    http://www.fpsteam.it/img2005/jedi_k...outcast_02.jpg