Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizzlefix View Post
    Still don't understand the hate for the prequels, there were shoddy parts I agree but it's like everyone is completely blind towards any iffy acting (and Ewoks) in the originals.

I'm looking forward to Rebels as I thoroughly enjoyed The Clone Wars, I for one did not mind the "filler" episodes as they were battles throughout the clone wars that were just fun little episodes. Sometimes I don't see why people think "filler" is bad, it's the same exact concept as Skyrim, the main story is always there but filler is surrounded by it. It's a more adventurous way to make a show when you have filler.
    My main issue with Clone Wars filler was that so much of it just took the form of "battle on planet X to save it from the separatists". I didn't mind that the episodes were self-contained stories (a lot of the more creative ones were really fantastic), but a lot of them felt like they were retreading the same ground over and over, especially in the cases where they stretched out a one-episode premise for an hour to fill up the season quota.

Having said that, I think it's just one of the ways in which the show was bogged down by the source material and overall premise. There was less room to have original, fun, star-warsy adventure episodes because the whole thing had to be rooted in clones vs droids. That's why I'm more hyped about Rebels, since I can see it having the freedom to do more with the source material than its predecessor.

And the main issues with the prequels aren't generally to do with acting or annoying alien characters, although they're certainly easy targets. I'd probably argue that, overall, the prequels might well have a more talented cast than the classic trilogy. The problem is that the scripts they had to work with were so atrociously bad in every aspect, from the characters to the dialogue, from the plot to the pacing. When you add bad direction and editing on top of that and factor in an inappropriate reliance on CGI, the prequels fall miles behind the original trilogy (although explicitly episodes four and five) in terms of their overall quality.

I, Valyrian, have a really, really bad feeling about this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    My main issue with Clone Wars filler was that so much of it just took the form of "battle on planet X to save it from the separatists". I didn't mind that the episodes were self-contained stories (a lot of the more creative ones were really fantastic), but a lot of them felt like they were retreading the same ground over and over, especially in the cases where they stretched out a one-episode premise for an hour to fill up the season quota.

Having said that, I think it's just one of the ways in which the show was bogged down by the source material and overall premise. There was less room to have original, fun, star-warsy adventure episodes because the whole thing had to be rooted in clones vs droids. That's why I'm more hyped about Rebels, since I can see it having the freedom to do more with the source material than its predecessor.

And the main issues with the prequels aren't generally to do with acting or annoying alien characters, although they're certainly easy targets. I'd probably argue that, overall, the prequels might well have a more talented cast than the classic trilogy. The problem is that the scripts they had to work with were so atrociously bad in every aspect, from the characters to the dialogue, from the plot to the pacing. When you add bad direction and editing on top of that and factor in an inappropriate reliance on CGI, the prequels fall miles behind the original trilogy (although explicitly episodes four and five) in terms of their overall quality.
    You're honestly the first person I've ever seen make such a large solid counter argument. Kudos to you and I'll even agree somewhat on the script.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizzlefix View Post
    You're honestly the first person I've ever seen make such a large solid counter argument. Kudos to you and I'll even agree somewhat on the script.
    Battle for planet x ones were kinda OK filters. But filter with jar jar....KILL THOSE PLEASE!
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    There's an extended preview of this crap on Youtube now:

Confirming my initial fears.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to hate on this but after watching it, it does look rather harmless, kids will love it for sure. I am even sure some adults will too
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I wanted to hate on this but after watching it, it does look rather harmless, kids will love it for sure. I am even sure some adults will too
    Headshots on stormtroopers, already not holding back on death.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the 7 minutes preview and I'm really interested with this show. It returns to the original setting that we loved in SW IV, V, VI (and KotOR) : a rag tag band of adventurers/rebels in cahoots in a rag tag corellian transport against the Empire. People are complaining because the stormtroopers are inept. Well, they always were inept since A New Hope! Just like the droids in the prequels and TCW (their stupidity was even worse in Clone Wars). See a pattern here? The enemy grunts are always inept while the heroes (rebels, clonetroopers) are sharpshooters and miracle workers. Nothing new here.

It's not because it's Disney that Rebels and SW VII will be bad or "childish". Pirates of the Caribbean were good movies and not very childish. So let's wait and see and give the runner its chance.

EDIT : And I already like that Zeb character.
    Last edited by Frontenac; 2014-09-18 at 01:27 AM.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    I don't have a problem with Disney and I don't think they forced the former Clone Wars crew into something more childish. It doesn't mean automatically that it's aimed at 5 year old children only because it's more colourful and has a witty child in it... I agree that the last episodes or seasons of Clone Wars were quite dark but in contrast, the show started really horrible and childish too!

Based on the trailers and pictures, I think the animation looks a little bit worse than Clone Wars but I am not sure why. I do like however the diverse group of main characters and I also like the colour palette. To me, 50% of Star Wars is about a bunch of people flying in a spaceship and experiencing adventures and 50% about intergalactic warfare I am also interested in the time line and to which extent the story will link to episode 7 etc.

regarding star wars, is the clone wars sith or jedi centered? i find the story of jedi boring compared to the sith characters. also any good sith centered books you guys would recommend? i already read the darth bane, darth plagueis and rise of darth vader books and loved them. although id love a book or something showing/explaining how strong vader really was(not when he was a jedi) as a sith
    Last edited by kaamila; 2014-09-19 at 02:27 PM.

The Clone wars is about both, of course it focuses more on Jedi because they're the protagonist, but it does feature a lot of Sith. Anyway I saw the first episode (Spark fo Rebellion) and I am very excited for this show. It shows a lot of potential.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2014-09-28 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    regarding star wars, is the clone wars sith or jedi centered? i find the story of jedi boring compared to the sith characters. also any good sith centered books you guys would recommend? i already read the darth bane, darth plagueis and rise of darth vader books and loved them. although id love a book or something showing/explaining how strong vader really was(not when he was a jedi) as a sith
    There are E-books about the sith 5000 years before the movies. Haven't read them myself yet but you could give it a shot. They're called "The lost tribe of the Sith".

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Tribe_of_the_Sith
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode 1 and 2 are out.....watching them right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good enogh for a start.
    Spoiler:
    http://shrani.si/f/3E/bl/3hcxVMlm/newstarwars.png

Deleted
    I thought it was a really good, entertaining start. The new crew feels both fresh and familiar, the chemistry works, the action was rather fast-paced and it overall has a very classic Star Wars vibe. I loved the scene when Aladdin aka Ezra saw the lightspeed jump because it reminded me how much I loved the effect when I saw it for the first time (as a kid and still many years thereafter). Sure, it puts the emphasis on fun and not dark but there were already some notable Storm Trooper kills.

I would definitely give it a chance as a Star Wars fan.

They did an amazing job on the environment, but characters are just as bad as they were in Clone Wars. Also, the team would be better without space Aladdin and his stupid slingshot.

Deleted
    OK so perhaps it was a wee bit cheesy but I really enjoyed episode 1. Looking forward to seeing how it all develops

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the first episode, and I agree that this show looks promising. As I expected, it is not that childish, not much more than Clone Wars and, like Clone Wars, it is bound to get darker as the show progresses. The design is not that bad. Except for those wookiees... They looked stupid, in my opinion. In fact they looked like hairy Homers... Now let's just hope they will not "wesleycrusherize" the kid.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    There's an extended preview of this crap on Youtube now:

Confirming my initial fears.
    This show is going to be fucking shit

- - - Updated - - -

I guess Star Wars is for the sub 10 year old demographic now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll watch it, because it's Star Wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    They did an amazing job on the environment, but characters are just as bad as they were in Clone Wars. Also, the team would be better without space Aladdin and his stupid slingshot.
    Blame disney for aladin. However his face makes sense due too living on desert planet.